[3.0] End Game Guardian Support! 90% phys/84% ele res. On a Budget.

"
The Ascendant's Guardian skill now grants You and Allies affected by your Auras have 10% increased Attack, Cast and Movement Speed (instead of 12% increased Attack and Cast Speed for You and Allies affected by Auras you Cast), 5% additional Block chance for you and Allies affected by your Auras (up from 3% and no longer simply affecting you), and 25% reduced effect of Curses on you. The Ascendant's Guardian no longer removes Curses and Ailments from you every 5 seconds.

Well, It looks like we have some buffs and some nerfs.

I like the additional block chance per aura for the guardian and part members- we can have 45% increased block chance permanently with 9 auras active (I wonder will vaal auras grant additional block chance as well).

It's not very clear for me is "You and Allies affected by your Auras have 10% increased Attack, Cast and Movement Speed" will affect "Prayer of Glory" and warcry skill usage, or it's something different.

Anyway, I hope this build will be updated for 3.0 :)
"
"
The Ascendant's Guardian skill now grants You and Allies affected by your Auras have 10% increased Attack, Cast and Movement Speed (instead of 12% increased Attack and Cast Speed for You and Allies affected by Auras you Cast), 5% additional Block chance for you and Allies affected by your Auras (up from 3% and no longer simply affecting you), and 25% reduced effect of Curses on you. The Ascendant's Guardian no longer removes Curses and Ailments from you every 5 seconds.

I like the additional block chance per aura for the guardian and part members- we can have 45% increased block chance permanently with 9 auras active (I wonder will vaal auras grant additional block chance as well).

It's not very clear for me is "You and Allies affected by your Auras have 10% increased Attack, Cast and Movement Speed" will affect "Prayer of Glory" and warcry skill usage, or it's something different.

where did you see that 5% block PER aura? I only see that it went up from 3% to 5% during effect of auras.

btw does that 5% block apply to all builds or only with shield/staff chars that actually can block smth?

I am deciding between templar and necro (pure aurabots). what would you guys suggest in 3.0? considering mobs should have more hp and skills less damage I wanted necro but then again less ES etc. makes it very ... squishy. also templar usually carry shavs which is expensive and im looking for a budget one if possible
Last edited by Hollycz on Aug 3, 2017, 6:11:40 AM
Hey ol fellow
Where have you set you spells on your keys, im having trouble where flamedash should be :(

BTW i like playing support in games, i hope this build will do the trick :D
"

The changes you are referring to are related to the Ascendant's Guardian (i.e. Scion). This is all they get from the Guardian ascendancy, so nothing else is available to them. I can't see any way to build a decent support build through Scion.

I should also point out that the Scion increased block does affect party members, but it does not stack per aura (just a flat 5%). The Guardian's remains the same with a flat 5% for just the guardian.

From what I can tell there is little to no changes to the Guardian ascendancy for 3.0. Necro on the other hand got hit extremely hard. Attack/cast speed reduced by 2% per aura and the damage buff went from 10% per aura to a flat 30%. Necro support is pretty much dead, so if people still want to play support they will be going Guardian. I expect to see a lot fewer people playing support, but that's fine by me because I have always preferred to play Guardian using NEINNEINNEIN's build. It will likely be easier and cheaper to get a Shav's now which still works really well for us even though this guide is built around Victario's.
Last edited by Antiphates on Aug 4, 2017, 1:00:38 AM
"
Hollycz wrote:
where did you see that 5% block PER aura? I only see that it went up from 3% to 5% during effect of auras.

"
Antiphates wrote:
The changes you are referring to are related to the Ascendant's Guardian (i.e. Scion). This is all they get from the Guardian ascendancy, so nothing else is available to them. I can't see any way to build a decent support build through Scion.

I should also point out that the Scion increased block does affect party members, but it does not stack per aura (just a flat 5%). The Guardian's remains the same with a flat 5% for just the guardian.

Thank you very much for the explanations, guys! It's all clear now :) Well, it's great that despite the nerf of the ES, the build has not received any other nerfs.

"
bobosander wrote:
Hey ol fellow
Where have you set you spells on your keys, im having trouble where flamedash should be :(

BTW i like playing support in games, i hope this build will do the trick :D

I use Flamedash on right mouse button and Shield Charge on "W" (like in shooters :D ). As for me, this combination is quite convenient.
Last edited by Гаруспик on Aug 4, 2017, 2:49:01 AM
What changes would you make to run this in 3.0? What would you do for the new bandit rework.
I didn't think about it yet^^
Check out my Guaridan Support build! /view-thread/1656032
oak or kill all. depands how high you want to level up and whether those 2 skill points will get you some key note or not. Probably Oak's reward will work the best
Oak grants: 1% of Life Regenerated per second, 2% additional Physical Damage Reduction, 20% increased Physical Damage.
Is there an old passive tree for this somewhere. Seems to be the only thing missing from the guide. No sure if it's being updated for 3.0?
I have it saved in path of building. I will update it in just a bit. Just update, no optimize it. Not sure whether something has changed tbh

I would appreciate to hear your experiences with this build in 3.0 :)
Check out my Guaridan Support build! /view-thread/1656032
Last edited by NEINNEINNEIN on Aug 10, 2017, 12:34:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info