Poisonquake Juggernaut Prophecy Updated, Beginner friendly, cheap to start, Uber Atziri/Core

"
Fritso wrote:
Holy cr*p I got lucky. Found this belt during an uber lab run. Put extra res on it and went yolo Vaal:

Now I don't know whether to use it or sell for muchos profit.

Just checked POE Trade. It's the highest Life/ES rolled one for sale atm.

That belt is sick!

I hit 78 so I decided to try Uber Lab.

Looks like I can confirm what I've been missing out on, holy crap this build is strong. Still pretty low level, even clearing the area like a Chateau Map is insane XP.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Thanks.
I have no idea what that belt is worth though. Can anyone maybe give me ballpark figure of it's value?

Yeah, the build is super tanky. Capable of running pretty much any map. Only mistake I made is creating a Phys/Chaos Kinetic Blast character before this, so now no matter what I play, the clearspeed feels kinda slow. Even though it absolutely isn't.
Last edited by Fritso on Jun 26, 2016, 6:37:42 PM
"
Kumbo wrote:
I just did the 20% vendor recipe on my gems when they hit level 20. The only gem I didn't get quality on was Cast When Damage Taken.

Finally got some new boots and now I can wear my 30% eq duration Devoto's and the duration of EQ is down to .34 seconds with Rapid Decay. That is just under 3 aftershocks per second, but my APS is also a little less than 3 (at 2.8), so essentially I am getting an aftershock with every Earthquake now.

Your math is wrong.

But you don't actually need to crunch the numbers. Look at the attack time on the EQ tooltip. Just match that with the EQ duration if you want a 1:1 attack. You'll see that yours is off, where you do more melee hits than aftershocks.

If you divide 1 by your EQ attack time, it lines up with your APS listed on your character sheet. So in your case, if your EQ duration is 0.34, your attack time should also be 0.34, or you need an APS of 2.94.

The best you can get so far is 0.25 on EQ duration, which needs an APS of 4 to handle, which is actually totally doable regarding your defenses. Though I'm just not sure getting an APS of 4 is (even with Blood Rage) however (or may just come at a too high a price).
Deliver pain exquisite
"
Fritso wrote:
Thanks.
I have no idea what that belt is worth though. Can anyone maybe give me ballpark figure of it's value?

Yeah, the build is super tanky. Capable of running pretty much any map. Only mistake I made is creating a Phys/Chaos Kinetic Blast character before this, so now no matter what I play, the clearspeed feels kinda slow. Even though it absolutely isn't.

There are few listed, all range from obscene asking prices that nobody will ever pay to reasonable rates. The thing is, nobody wants to spend 50ex for another EC. 99.9% of the player base is fine with getting whatever and running it. If you took that belt off and replaced it with another that had max life, I doubt you'd even notice any difference.

Items that are keystones for builds net a good profit because you just can't put the build together effectively without them. But these items, like your belt, that are all about min-maxing aren't all that sought after. If you threw it up for about 3-5ex, I'm sure you'd sell it. But if you set it for something stupid like 15ex, it's gonna rot in your inventory.

Most of the stuff that's even reasonably priced in Standard doesn't really sell because most people are fine with a comparable item for a lot less. Take two items, one has 80 life and the other 60. The former is 1ex and the latter 20c. Like 90% of people will be happy with the 60 life. They'd like the 80, but 1ex vs 20c is enough for people to be like "meh, good enough."

It's not like you chanced a headhunter or found a mirror. It's a nice belt but again, there is just so much room in this game to fill in missing holes. Your belt only has two resists? Not really that big of a deal.

PS: Not reroll that lightning resist to 25 bugs the crap out of me :p
Deliver pain exquisite
"
Fritso wrote:
Thanks.

Yeah I just upgraded to a 6L Coronal, not the best but:

The little bit of move speed you get back from dropping Marohi was actually pretty huge. This is my third character in this league, but built out of necessity to farm Uber Lab. Having an LA/FW character does leave the overall speed of EQ to be desired a bit, but I recognize its strengths and I'm going to continue playing it. Maybe not within this league, but I have a 6L Disfavour and Legacy Kaom waiting for this character once the league ends. So that will be even more of a boost. Definitely a positive experience with my first melee character ever.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
"
Fritso wrote:
Thanks.

There are few listed, all range from obscene asking prices that nobody will ever pay to reasonable rates. The thing is, nobody wants to spend 50ex for another EC. 99.9% of the player base is fine with getting whatever and running it. If you took that belt off and replaced it with another that had max life, I doubt you'd even notice any difference.

Items that are keystones for builds net a good profit because you just can't put the build together effectively without them. But these items, like your belt, that are all about min-maxing aren't all that sought after. If you threw it up for about 3-5ex, I'm sure you'd sell it. But if you set it for something stupid like 15ex, it's gonna rot in your inventory.

Most of the stuff that's even reasonably priced in Standard doesn't really sell because most people are fine with a comparable item for a lot less. Take two items, one has 80 life and the other 60. The former is 1ex and the latter 20c. Like 90% of people will be happy with the 60 life. They'd like the 80, but 1ex vs 20c is enough for people to be like "meh, good enough."

It's not like you chanced a headhunter or found a mirror. It's a nice belt but again, there is just so much room in this game to fill in missing holes. Your belt only has two resists? Not really that big of a deal.

PS: Not reroll that lightning resist to 25 bugs the crap out of me :p

Thanks for the info. While I agree with your point on the min-maxing not being for 99% of the people, there are still people doing it. It may even be considered part of the fun in POE. Fact is though, that the items that sell for the highest value are the min maxed ones to that 1% of the player base. I once sold a perfect rolled Abyssus for 10ex when everybody else, including me, would be fine with a 50c one.

Oh, and that 23% lightning res bugs me too. I only needed 1% extra to get me res capped, so I f*cked myself over. I knew I was gonna yolo vaal it, so didn't want to waste any more currency. In hindsight, that was pretty stupid :-)
Should i save for a disfavour? or would a coronal or something be better ?
Im gonna try this build but i was wondering how do you leech life? blood rage only or is there another source?
Last edited by Krayken on Jun 27, 2016, 9:55:48 PM
"
Auraprime85 wrote:
Should i save for a disfavour? or would a coronal or something be better ?

The only weapons better than Disfavour are going to be much more expensive. Last time I checked poe.trade there were only 2 weapons for sale with higher dps - one for 40ex and one for 50ex.

"
Krayken wrote:
Im gonna try this build but i was wondering how do you leech life? blood rage only or is there another source?

Blood Rage is currently my only source of Life Leech.
Looted this yesterday and was wondering what i should craft as prefix. Options are Bloodmagic or increased damage over time (or yolo ex for hybrid phys%).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info