This is a message to the people doing lab runs

"
NeroNoah wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
yeah

the "dont like it dont play it" argument is completely stupid when we are talking about a company, especially a F2P game. I have my own company and for whoever has a company, the goal is to satisfy the majority of your customers because this means stability, steady incomes, retainment.

Yeah. If it needs to remove the elitists with changes like smart loot, so be it. This game is about being godly, and GGG should cater to all our whims to achieve that. The customer is always right.
well, they have to play with the line
keep their flavour (mission: hardcore arpg) but also attract mass to sustain F2p

going full casual would be a suicide

so would gating content behind feature that only 5% of the people like
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Apr 26, 2016, 11:47:07 AM
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
keep their flavour (mission: hardcore arpg) but also attract mass to sustain F2p

Damn Perandus league was so hardcore, I'm glad GGG managed to stick to their roots. Ho wait...

"
Sexcalibure wrote:

so would gating content behind feature that only 5% of the people like

Hardcore? That was a con to get some dumb's people money, it's obvious they were going to diversify to casuals, the biggest game audience, eventually.

Look, the labyrinth was a forced hardcore experience and everyone hated every moment of it except 10 people as you said. People don't want traps that force them to actually pay attention to something (even if it's easy, don't get me wrong, it is really easy, the problem is not about difficulty), they want content that can be overpowered and trivialized with godly gear and low effort to grind nice gear in a few weeks. It doesn't make sense a trap can kill you when you are at level 98 or something, or that ignores your HP or armor.

This game being hardcore has always been a joke. It was grindy at best, korean style, for pretend hardcore players.

I'd remove labs and maps, and be honest, people just want an easy game to grind for hours.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Apr 26, 2016, 12:05:16 PM
What the actual fuck?

Enchantments from the Lab are in NO way mandatory, and only give you minor buffs. Ascendancy points, on the other hand, are more in the mandatory side. To get the points, you need to run the Lab three times, taking about half an hour. HALF AN HOUR! MAX!

Sure, i find the Lab boring as hell, and will never touch it with a ten foot pole after getting my six points. But why the freakin' fuck would I take the Lab away from the people that enjoys it? I'm not an egoistic fuck!

The human race! My God...
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
Sure, i find the Lab boring as hell, and will never touch it with a ten foot pole after getting my six points. But why the freakin' fuck would I take the Lab away from the people that enjoys it? I'm not an egoistic fuck!

I say remove the AC points from the lab then! And phase out the lab until no one plays it too, except for the ten sadistic people that would play it for the enchants. It's an abomination to the genre. The same for maps. I don't want to play resource management simulator. Those are awful parts of the game that shouldn't have ever been added.

PS: streamline the inventory too, like in Diablo 3. I don't want to play Tetris.
Last edited by NeroNoah on Apr 26, 2016, 1:24:04 PM
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
Please stop it!

The 10 people in total that love the labyrinth are ruining the game for the rest of the players.

GGG looks at it a be like "Oh people are running the lab, lets keep pushing this shitty content down the throat of the community"

Just stop it and maybe they'll realize the sad truth

JackAss is currently recruiting for another movie, just tell them you like the lab and they'll pretty much hire you right away since its the most painful experience ever

Sorry you suck at it, but I will continue doing things I naturally enjoy.
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
I have my own company and for whoever has a company, the goal is to satisfy the majority of your customers because this means stability, steady incomes, retainment.

I have my own company and this is dead wrong lol.

While I do have 99% satisfaction rate and a 5star rating in google reviews, my goal is not to satisfy my clients.

My goal is to make my clients money and sometimes the clients want something because they heard from a friend of a friend to do x thing. I tell them it would be a bad idea, and they can get salty about it..but in the end they make more money because of me.

If I was wanting to immediately satisfy their wants they would make less money. It isn't as cut and dry as you make it out to be.

Similarly with PoE, they have people who have suggestions and wants that are not in the best interest. But that is a bit off topic.
IGN: HotnessEverspleen
Only change to labs I want to see is making normal in line with other areas in normal. Right now, normal is too punishing, while merci is probably a bit too easy.
"
NeroNoah wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:

I say remove the AC points from the lab then! And phase out the lab until no one plays it too, except for the ten sadistic people that would play it for the enchants. It's an abomination to the genre. The same for maps. I don't want to play resource management simulator. Those are awful parts of the game that shouldn't have ever been added.

PS: streamline the inventory too, like in Diablo 3. I don't want to play Tetris.

Remove everything YOU don't like?

I hate running maps with enfeeble. I hate running maps with temporal chains. Hell, I hate running maps with reflect. REMOVE THOSE MODS - ASAP!

I hate the Dominus fight. It's boring. Remove it.

Hell, I hate trading. Remove it.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
Remove everything YOU don't like?

I hate running maps with enfeeble. I hate running maps with temporal chains. Hell, I hate running maps with reflect. REMOVE THOSE MODS - ASAP!

I hate the Dominus fight. It's boring. Remove it.

Hell, I hate trading. Remove it.

Yeah. It's what ARPGs are about. One shotting stuff efficiently. Rather than remove trade, I would add auction house, so everything is cheaper except for the mirror grade stuff no one needs.

Fuck traps or everything that makes me waste my time.
Last edited by NeroNoah on Apr 26, 2016, 1:38:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info