This is a message to the people doing lab runs

"
Sexcalibure wrote:
Sure cutting traps damage would be nice but still they would still be there, a pain in the ass.

to achieve the fun of baal/meph runs you'd have to remove traps, remove golden doors and have superunique monsters to guard the boss fight

Also, a great difference between POE and Diablo 2 is that Diablo 2, it was a real boss fight, it wasnt just about kiting all the attack because you are most likely to get one shot like in POE.

Yeah, I loved Baal runs. Killing as fast as possible, that was the shit, like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwsWkTf7XJQ

Kiting? Traps? That's not what ARPGs are about. I'd rather have boss runs and endless ledge.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
lab is a joke.....done it in merciless at first atempt at lvl 71,than run it every day around 10 times but still ain t got the good enchantment on my helmet....
learning is a painful process ... knowledge is the most deadly weapon.
"
Shovelcut wrote:

Stop trying to ruin other peoples fun. You don't like it? Grab your ascendancy points and quit running it.
thats what most people would do if there wasnt so much stuff gated behind that Path of Boredom that is labyrinth
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
What is this talk about kiting the boss? lol. You need to up your gear or build if you are kiting bosses in lab.

The only time I don't face tank the boss is the 3rd phase when he tries to teleport me..and he only gets one try in.

I'm by no means a crazy high dps build either.

Plus, not sure how you killed baal, but he wasn't a "real" boss fight. I'd say lab boss are more interesting than he was.

At baal all you had to do was stand in the middle and spam skills while he dropped unique monsters on your face that instantly died.
Then for baal the hardest part was chasing him down when he teleported (not hard).

I do agree with the comment about endless ledge though, that is super fun and i'd like to have that in addition.

But where do you get your stats about lab being a failure? GGG probably made a lot of money with this expansion, and lots of people enjoy it. Sure, some people don't enjoy it..and a portion of those people are very vocal about it.

However, GGG has lots and lots of stats they look at, and if nobody is having fun in lab they might tweak it. But, I am having fun as well as many others.

The ONLY time I don't have fun in lab is when there are a lot of golden doors with backtracking. Today's lab is awesome. It takes like <10min for a run and you get more loot than you would from a couple maps.

I'm curious if there are specific traps you hate, or if you could elaborate on why you think lab is so bad with details.
IGN: HotnessEverspleen
"
Secksy wrote:

But where do you get your stats about lab being a failure? GGG probably made a lot of money with this expansion, and lots of people enjoy it. Sure, some people don't enjoy it..and a portion of those people are very vocal about it.

http://www.strawpoll.me/7257403/r
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Shovelcut wrote:

Stop trying to ruin other peoples fun. You don't like it? Grab your ascendancy points and quit running it.
thats what most people would do if there wasnt so much stuff gated behind that Path of Boredom that is labyrinth

What is gated? After you get your points if you hate lab there is no reason for you to be in there if you don't want to be. "So much stuff"?
Enchantments are the only thing I can think you are talking about..and thats not a gate. You don't need enchantments at all...plus it is way more efficient to buy the enchantment you need.

The helm enchantments were not designed to be required. They also were not designed to be easy to get the enchant you want. This is for a reason. It gives people like me reason to farm Lab even more and sell the useful enchants to people like you who don't like lab :)
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Secksy wrote:

http://www.strawpoll.me/7257403/r

lol 685 votes is not a good sample size..plus the demographic you got that from is likely skewed as well.

If you could poll the entire player base you would see a much different outcome.
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Shovelcut wrote:

Laby is no more boring than questing or mapping. *shrugs*

Maybe you're playing the wrong game.

Edit: And for the record, those polls mean absolutely jack shit. :)
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Last edited by Shovelcut on Apr 25, 2016, 3:53:57 PM
"
Secksy wrote:

lol 685 votes is not a good sample size..

http://www.surveysystem.com/sscalc.htm its twice as recommended

"
plus the demographic you got that from is likely skewed as well.
Go ahead, explain why it would be beside the fact that you say that just to discredit it, you know the usual " I dont agree therefor i say its biased"
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Apr 25, 2016, 4:02:22 PM
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Secksy wrote:

lol 685 votes is not a good sample size..

http://www.surveysystem.com/sscalc.htm its twice as recommended

"
plus the demographic you got that from is likely skewed as well.
Go ahead, explain why it would be beside the fact that you say that just to discredit it, you know the usual " I dont agree therefor i say its biased"

I'd like to know where you get the number of people who are playing this expansion, plus..i'd also like to know how you calculated your sample size from that site as there are ways to cheese that form.

And it is biased in the fact that statistically people who enjoy something are less likely to go online and talk about it, while people who have negative experience are multiple times more likely to go online and talk about it. This has been studied and proven.

People who enjoy the game are more likely to be playing the game oblivious to your strawpoll, while people who dislike the game looking to vent their frustrations are more likely to see your poll.

You never answered my question about why you hate lab so much though. I'd like to know specifics. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info