This is a message to the people doing lab runs

Lab is way more fun than maps.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
i luv lab
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
"
TreeOfDead wrote:

100% with you, lab should be changed and enhancement rng should leave the game.

Did you know enchantment and enhancement are totally different words? No really I'm asking because you post that over and over.
Sure they are 2 different words but its weird that POE' Enchantments are exactly the definition of Enhancement haha

"
Enhancement: an increase or improvement in quality or value

the plain and boring +x% damage to Y skill we got atm

"
Enchantment: the state of being under a spell; magic. The act of adding a special and appealing attribute to something

the Skill effect modifier i wanted to see
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
The only issue ive encountered in the Lab besides the obvious problems an ES build will have that a life based build will not is there is a HUGE balance issue in Normal and Cruel Difficulties.

Merci Lab seems ok even down to Izaro even though he can still one shot if you are not careful but Normal Lab is fucking stupid.. You literately have to be halfway through cruel just about with most builds to even run Normal Lab and Cruel is not quite as bad but its Izaro fight is pretty nuts as well and reqires most builds to be over lvled as well. Unless you are running one of the OP meta builds anyway. But even then chances are very high you will end up one shot depending on Izaros buffs in the 3rd fight. Izaro seems to need some tuneing in normal and cruel for sure. I mean its either over lvl or put everything you got into defenses from the get go while lvling which slows lvling down even more which considering we still have to run through the game 3 times you kinda want to speed that up anyway you can. And if you have the defenses to easily do Normal Mal but still cant handle Noraml Izaro then that kinda gives the impression something is off.

Everything else with the lab isnt really that bad. Its pretty much worth it for the huge buff you receive to your build though ascending. Farming Enhancements however feels a bit unrewarding if you are trying to farm certain enhancements for certain builds. But again they are also powerful enough that once you do happen to hit the ones you are looking for its a huge reward as well as buff to your build so thats probably intended.

I also feel like the Leaderboards need to be incorporated into the game as well.. Like when you enter the lab it should display the top 3 times or atleast the top time for the day for that difficulty.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Apr 25, 2016, 7:18:13 PM
"
Secksy wrote:
I enjoy doing lab runs..why should I stop?
You wouldn't want to hurt another player's feelings by selfishly enjoying yourself.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 25, 2016, 8:12:01 PM
You need game mechanics to stop or moderate runs, not kind words I'm afraid.
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
pr13st wrote:
Did ~90 lab runs for the challenge, can confirm lab is prettysoulcrushinglyawful/10.
i did the obligatory cruel lab in order to have the 4points which is pretty much all what ascendancies need and said to myself " fuck Merc lab"

Said the same thing myself... then tried Merc Lab. It was easy by comparison to Normal and Cruel.
"
NeroNoah wrote:
Kiting? Traps? That's not what ARPGs are about. I'd rather have boss runs and endless ledge.

Last edited by symban on Apr 25, 2016, 9:15:04 PM
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
Please stop it!

The 10 people in total that love the labyrinth are ruining the game for the rest of the players.

GGG looks at it a be like "Oh people are running the lab, lets keep pushing this shitty content down the throat of the community"

Just stop it and maybe they'll realize the sad truth

JackAss is currently recruiting for another movie, just tell them you like the lab and they'll pretty much hire you right away since its the most painful experience ever

Really? It hasn't seemed that bad to me.

It sucks that my ice spear totems heirophant can't quite manage do Merciless Izaro but that's likely just because I've got poor gear for him.

Has it really been causing you that much grief?
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
Please stop it!

The 10 people in total that love the labyrinth are ruining the game for the rest of the players.

GGG looks at it a be like "Oh people are running the lab, lets keep pushing this shitty content down the throat of the community"

Just stop it and maybe they'll realize the sad truth

JackAss is currently recruiting for another movie, just tell them you like the lab and they'll pretty much hire you right away since its the most painful experience ever

Why do you think the whole userbase except 10 players doesn't enjoy the lab ?
If you have been influenced by threads on this forum then it's not really representative. Probably under 0.5% of the userbase posted a feedback about labyrinth here.

What i'm saying is ... you can't speak for everybody without strawpolling them first :)

I'm enjoying the labyrinth it's a fresh content and honestly the only reason i leave after few weeks of leagues is mostly related to " THE WAOOOOOUHHH promising endgame mapping ". Soo any new content like that at this point will greatly satisfy me ^^.
I wishe we could have some more alternate areas like labyrinth for mid game / endgame even early game why not.

Not going to stop running it anytime soon sorry. Regarding lab i agree that " let the player decide " would be more welcome than how it is actualy.
Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Apr 25, 2016, 9:46:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info