This is a message to the people doing lab runs

"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Shovelcut wrote:

Stop trying to ruin other peoples fun. You don't like it? Grab your ascendancy points and quit running it.
thats what most people would do if there wasnt so much stuff gated behind that Path of Boredom that is labyrinth

Laby is no more boring than questing or mapping. *shrugs*

Maybe you're playing the wrong game.

Edit: And for the record, those polls mean absolutely jack shit. :)

where did i say quests and maps are perfect?

I always said that Quests as they are are a big weakness for the game, shitty rare reward are the worst

and mapping is so blend, we need an alternative endgame like endless ledge of Inferno (done right)
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
The lab was a great idea for unlocking asncendancy, but doing it more then once is a freaking chore and i hope they make it better.

Also: Fix the traps dmg difference between low life and life based with pots...
IGN: Ziggro
Last edited by ziggro on Apr 25, 2016, 4:10:25 PM
"
Sexcalibure wrote:

where did i say quests and maps are perfect?

Where did I say that you said quests and maps are perfect? lmao
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"
Secksy wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Secksy wrote:

lol 685 votes is not a good sample size..

http://www.surveysystem.com/sscalc.htm its twice as recommended

"
plus the demographic you got that from is likely skewed as well.
Go ahead, explain why it would be beside the fact that you say that just to discredit it, you know the usual " I dont agree therefor i say its biased"

I'd like to know where you get the number of people who are playing this expansion, plus..i'd also like to know how you calculated your sample size from that site as there are ways to cheese that form.

And it is biased in the fact that statistically people who enjoy something are less likely to go online and talk about it, while people who have negative experience are multiple times more likely to go online and talk about it. This has been studied and proven.

People who enjoy the game are more likely to be playing the game oblivious to your strawpoll, while people who dislike the game looking to vent their frustrations are more likely to see your poll.

You never answered my question about why you hate lab so much though. I'd like to know specifics. :)
those are bullshit arguments lol

Nothing keep the people who love the lab to vote, plus POE players are well known to be Fanboyish so they wouldnt be afraid to defend GGG's creation if needed. Also, people that Like the lab arent always playing the game, those people go on forums/reddit too and they work too so, forums are the only acces they have to POE.

What i dislike about Lab, everything but mostly how they ruined something with great potential

Immortal traps everywhere sucks in a game based on killing stuff

traps that deal a % of your life rather than a fixed damage sucks too

Golden doors that stop you progress is boring

rushing through content in a game based on Killing stuff=progress is shit

once again a shitty boss that is built around dodging it not to get 1 hit rather than fighting it

but what i hate the most about the lab is what they didnt add

when they announced labyrinth most people were expecting an Indiana Jhones type of lab
you know:

- a few hidden traps here and there

- some obvious one but you have to avoid them while fightning mobs

- puzzles ( ie: hints are left all around the lab, you gotta find them and use them to open a door (a la Stone of Cairn))

- but mainly ambushes where you fall face to face with tons of monsters with no way back

-One thing that saddens me about lab is the daily rotation. IMHO it should constantly rotate, even when you are in it. Try to solve a puzzle, wrong answer = "MECHANICAL NOISE, the labyrinth is changing configuration".

-Enter an instance and a timer starts, its a mini challenge " kill 80% of the monsters in the area within x time" fail ="MECHANICAL NOISE, the labyrinth is changing configuration"

- Vaal souls arent lost when you get to boss...

there are so many more things they could have done, but this is not the topic of the thread, this aint a feedback thread, thats a PSA thread so people stop giving attention to that piece of shit, no wonder why it was locked
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Apr 25, 2016, 4:25:44 PM
TLDR: Lab is awesome; but mindlessly running it specifically for helm enchants is not.

Personally I think the lab itself is awesome. It's a great addition to the game and something unique very few games can deliver (and still has room to improve).

But a 1/300 chance to get the helm enchant you want and 2/300 chance (remaining chance) to get a somewhat desirable enchant on the helm is steep. I almost flipped a table when I got the same worthless enchant (for my build) a 2nd time in a row back to back. With that said, do I need the enchant to progress? No. But it feels shitty not having it -> -> it's a terrible carrot on stick for the games perception.

Granted, it wouldn't be so bad if the exp penalties weren't as server for lvl 81+ characters. But... it also wouldn't make sense to remove the exp penalty either since it could quickly become the best way to level for lvl 90+.

Possible solution? 2-3 normal rarity maps of the same quality/tier placed in the map devise plus maybe something new but easily acquirable to create a lab of the same tier.
Last edited by CryingGods on Apr 25, 2016, 4:30:23 PM
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
those are bullshit arguments lol

Nothing keep the people who love the lab to vote, plus POE players are well known to be Fanboyish so they wouldnt be afraid to defend GGG's creation if needed. Also, people that Like the lab arent always playing the game, those people go on forums/reddit too and they work too so, forums are the only acces they have to POE.

What i dislike about Lab, everything but mostly how they ruined something with great potential

Immortal traps everywhere sucks in a game based on killing stuff

traps that deal a % of your life rather than a fixed damage sucks too

Golden doors that stop you progress is boring

rushing through content in a game based on Killing stuff=progress is shit

once again a shitty boss that is built around dodging it not to get 1 hit rather than fighting it

but what i hate the most about the lab is what they didnt add

when they announced labyrinth most people were expecting an Indiana Jhones type of lab
you know:

- a few hidden traps here and there

- some obvious one but you have to avoid them while fightning mobs

- puzzles ( ie: hints are left all around the lab, you gotta find them and use them to open a door (a la Stone of Cairn))

- but mainly ambushes where you fall face to face with tons of monsters with no way back

-One thing that saddens me about lab is the daily rotation. IMHO it should constantly rotate, even when you are in it. Try to solve a puzzle, wrong answer = "MECHANICAL NOISE, the labyrinth is changing configuration".

-Enter an instance and a timer starts, its a mini challenge " kill 80% of the monsters in the area within x time" fail ="MECHANICAL NOISE, the labyrinth is changing configuration"

- Vaal souls arent lost when you get to boss...

there are so many more things they could have done, but this is not the topic of the thread, this aint a feedback thread, thats a PSA thread so people stop giving attention to that piece of shit, no wonder why it was locked

My arguments are not bullshit. Nothing is stopping anyone from voting, you are correct...however as I said people who enjoy them game are less likely to know your strawpoll EXISTS! Hell I browse the forums fairly regularly, and I never seen your strawpoll until today.

Plus you didn't answer where you came about your population numbers.
From steam in the past month the average players per day is around 20-15k at once. It is easy to then conclude that 30k people playing is not unreasonable..probably under-estimated. And that is just steam.

I also believe more people play the game from the regular client and not through steam. Probably a lot more. But lets just say its half and half. 60k people playing in the past month.

So out of 60k people you say 600 is a good sample size? Using the calculator you provided you would need more like 3k to 4k votes for it to be a valid sample size. So yeah...

As for why you don't like lab:

I agree with the golden doors and i've said that a few times. One thing we agree on.

% of life as damage is actually the only way to make meaningful traps. If you didn't have traps this way they would basically be negligible. It would be very hard to balance around flat damage on traps because you WILL get hit by them. They wanted to make traps deadly to everyone, but also not incredibly over powered if you have a smaller life pool. % health damage was the best design way to go about calculating it. The only problem lies in the CI/Life builds which I believe they are going to address.

Rushing through content is what this game has become. I enjoyed the much slower pace stuff back in beta more, but hey its still fun.
Just like D2 you rushed to the boss to fight them, you just ran past the other monsters.
But I do kind of agree with you here in that I would like more variety of unique and fun monsters to kill.

As for the boss 1-shotting..i've never been 1 shot by him. It sounds like you might need to work on your build/gear a bit to be honest. If you are getting hit that hard by him there is a problem.

Not sure why you want hidden traps. You said you didn't like traps.

Puzzles..there are puzzles in the lab. They open doors to darkshrines or chests.

As for the lab changing while you are in it..idk man I feel like people would find that to be exhausting and make it even less about the killing monsters vibe you wanted.
IGN: HotnessEverspleen
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
Please stop it!

The 10 people in total that love the labyrinth are ruining the game for the rest of the players.

GGG looks at it a be like "Oh people are running the lab, lets keep pushing this shitty content down the throat of the community"

Just stop it and maybe they'll realize the sad truth

JackAss is currently recruiting for another movie, just tell them you like the lab and they'll pretty much hire you right away since its the most painful experience ever

100% with you, lab should be changed and enhancement rng should leave the game.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
Please stop it!

The 10 people in total that love the labyrinth are ruining the game for the rest of the players.

GGG looks at it a be like "Oh people are running the lab, lets keep pushing this shitty content down the throat of the community"

Just stop it and maybe they'll realize the sad truth

JackAss is currently recruiting for another movie, just tell them you like the lab and they'll pretty much hire you right away since its the most painful experience ever

100% with you, lab should be changed and enhancement rng should leave the game.
I dont want the enchantments to leave the game

i want to see the main reason to run the lab to be " fun" rather than " for the enchantment" or "for the achievement"

also, enchantments can serve a nice purpose but its a missed opportunity from GGG's part

enchantments should have been Skill modifiers

i mean something else than boring +x% damage to Y skill

ie:

- Bear trap's Mammoth's trap mod: inc radius now applies to bear trap (can damage more than one target at a time)

- Dominating blow's fatalist mod: Dom blow attacks have culling strike

- Shock nova's Static mod: 20% chance to pull enemy on shock nova hit
For all of those who have still not made their minds regarding the labyrinth i suggest you check this and this, both are threads analyzing many wrongs with the labyrinth. If you do not like the basic notions there make sure to at least vote here, believe it or not your vote can make GGG reconsider things. Thank you
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 6:53:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info