2.2.2b Patch Notes

"
Sexcalibure wrote:
please add a Book of Rebirth

50 regrets = Book of rebirth

book of rebirth = Full Re-spec

Was just thinking 1000 wis + 1 orb of regret for a 2-point respec book would be nice. Technicaly you'd be saving yourself 20504 wis in value over two orbs of regret and it's not a walk in the park to get, either. Not something that you would be likely to just happen to have on hand anyway. plus it's the kind of recipe that sells people on buying a currency tab ;p

Then thinking about being able to convert one of those books into a respec book

50 regret + book of regrets

if you skip the first recipe the second ends up with a limited number of uses and only if you already know about it. If GGG ever finds they need to move on from POE (though they don't anticipate that happening soon I'm sure) and work on other games they could leave a recipe like that up to allow players to respec even though there are no more planned updates with free respecs.

This is one suggestion, thinking about vendor recipes: For those who have the currency tab --I still maintain a wimpy one should be free though I understand GGG's objection to that-- it would be convenient if you could have a UI option to show your currency tab when vending so you can cut the middle man (you) and trade currency to the vendor directly from stash as a QOL feature. Only unlocked for people who have the tab, ofc, and only for that one tab; though I would LOVE having free access to stash while selling that would probably be a bit too much QOL. I suppose it would have limited utility, though. This would be in line with the player having access to currency while buying items but it would be adding workload for a nominal benefit.

I wonder if there's anything else we can do with books. hmm.

Book of Exile: Resets a character to a level one, keeping quest rewards, waypoints and items. Experience is also reset.

book of regrets
50 regrets
50 scour
500 portal

(a different take on your character reset book)

Book of Trancendence: Resets your character level to one but keeps your in-game progress. You gain two permanent skill points when used (-1 from the used skill book.) Can only be used on a level 100 character and only once. Requires a set of unique items. (again, conflicts with PVP-only characters, making them weaker. Would need to be adjusted.

book of regrets or 2 orbs of regret
book of skill (required)
"Soul" (a unique corrupted item or gem. Must be a different item from the others.)
"Body" (a unique armor)
"Mind" (a unique helm)
1000 wisdom

Book of Polymorph: Randomizes available ascendancy classes, mixing them with ascendancy classes other than Scion. You lose one max number of available classes each time it is used, to a minimum of zero available classes.

Book of regrets or 50 additional orbs of regret
1000 wisdom
50 scour
50 regret
50 alteration
50 Transmutation
10 exalt
1 mirror

Yes, I'm obsessed with mass scrolls of wisdom. It's a book, not a pamphlet.

Book of Mastery: Temporary buff (24 hour), reduces the cost of master crafting recipes by 1 orb down to a minimum of 1. can stack, but...

1000 wisdom
50 chromatic
50 jewelers
50 fuse
20 alteration
10 chaos
1 ex
1 regal

Memoirs:

1000 Wisdom
1 orb of regret
1 un-applied skill point.

used to reclaim a character-bound skill book for recipes, if such a recipe exists.

Book of Simplicity:

Converts a unique weapon or armor to the lowest level base available in the same type. Reduces it to that item's base level requirement. This would be nice to allow more interesting builds in low-level PVP. This would also go along with the Transcendent book if you had spares of your favorite unique (and if GGG was crazy enough to add the Transcendent book.)

Concept: Ascendency-only character. Can't enter normal PVP or the normal world. Selecting a difficulty is required; can't leave that difficulty.

Concept: PVP Labyrinth: Slight delay before PVP mode kicks in to allow for positioning, ect. Keys and lab items drop from players killed in this mode. The last player to enter any trial room is kicked unless they are also the first. Idk, I just feel it would fit the feel of the labyrinth's lore but that doesn't mean it would make for a good mode. Better rewards for those who make it to the end.

I'd better stop before I go completely overboard. It's been fun.

The books are not really serious suggestions, just me having fun with the concept.
We are never so offensive as when we are being defensive. (-me?)
"
Worryed wrote:
Can someone explain to me why would you want to reduce your character level?

sorry for double-post. Two reasons possible: one is for low-level PVP cap and one is to count on the leader boards for ascendancy. It also has some utility in areas that have a level penalty on currency drops
We are never so offensive as when we are being defensive. (-me?)
Last edited by Grollip on Apr 20, 2016, 10:09:51 AM
"
Qarl wrote:
Added a vendor recipe item - Book of Regression. This will reduce the level of your current character by one. Like other books, this is not tradeable. This item is obtained by the vendor recipe of an Orb of Scouring and a Scroll of Wisdom. Use this item with care - losing a level may disable items you have equipped. You must have an unallocated Passive Skill Point to use this item.

RIP 28 PvP
"
xDarkillx wrote:
4 update patch in last two week
over 20 update from the 1 march (about two month) ...incredible
my ssd write write write for this game...

too much update and fix minor...it's hard to make only one or two big update every month?
the game is great but this frequency update is unaccetable for me
I am tired...uninstalled today
bye

Methinks you need to learn a bit more about what SSDs can and can't handle. And the rest of us love the frequent updates. Anyway, so long!
"
Oriuke wrote:
Need to fix tooltip for Tornado Shot and other skills i believe that do not shows any difference of damage bewteen lvl 20 and 21

I've said it before - a lot of this community are just plain stupid when it comes to lvl 21 gems. They're really only worth it on FLAT gems (like Explosive Arrow, Caustic Arrow, Elemental Hit, Anger, Wrath, Discipline, Grace, Added Lightning, Added Cold, spells, etc.), not the tiny % ones (like Added Fire, Determination and most attack skills including, of course, Tornado Shot). The difference the additional level makes on the latter is just so small it hardly justifies the ridiculous prices people pay for them. In the case of TS, it's possibly even a rounding error over here. But generally speaking, all those who go ga-ga over ANY lvl 21 gem are either so rich it doesn't matter anymore...or retarded.
"
CEMEHbl4 wrote:
"
JobiEl_Pfiff wrote:
GGG I want my 1500 Fusing back I used (with Vorici) to 6L my Exquisite Blade. I have The Goddess Unleashed since the first day :(

LOL most epic player rape I ever seen...
but its a good move to change vendor recipe.

Yep, I'm disappointed :(
"
JobiEl_Pfiff wrote:
"
CEMEHbl4 wrote:
"
JobiEl_Pfiff wrote:
GGG I want my 1500 Fusing back I used (with Vorici) to 6L my Exquisite Blade. I have The Goddess Unleashed since the first day :(

LOL most epic player rape I ever seen...
but its a good move to change vendor recipe.

Yep, I'm disappointed :(

Atleast when i 6L'd the 5 exq swords i have they are high enough lvl to craft so i only lost a couple ex in value on each but meh --- if changes impact the economy this little im not complaining
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!

I fully exploited the lab's gold door "bug" sorry to see it go. LOL

The 3 monkeys nearly killed my character the other night because he foolishly stood in black cloud after all 3 were dead. I couldn't believe it. Hundreds of runs and never saw anything like that before. I thought it was a one off thing, guess not.
Censored.
41 days ago in the patch notes for update 2.2.1 you've acknowledged that you know about long patch times via Steam and you'll investigate why that occurs.
Please, is there any progress on that?
I guess it's either 1 or 48,000. Nothing in between, right?
finally, i can downgrade my level 100 marauder so hes worth playing again.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info