[2.6] Chieftain dual Siege Ballista. All map mods. 8k life. Beginner and budget tips.

"
vempire_ghost wrote:
How do you make the totem survive to Bosses with high aoe and adds? :(
In this situation my totems are obliterated before they can make a single shot.

Not sure what bosses you mean. I can do double boss Core on this build, it's not easy but doable. Totems when you play Hinekora - Tukohama will heal themselves very strongly, when I played Ranger Deadyeye I got problems on Malformation Map, now as marauder that map boss is joke. Ofc you must quickly recast totems multiple times on many bosses, but it's not issue. Only map like Hall of Grandmaster will be challenge for that, because that mobs are insanely quick. Not sure if dps is enough now to kill mighty QBotU_DyNess but rest is tricky but doable.
"
Elua wrote:
"
vempire_ghost wrote:
How do you make the totem survive to Bosses with high aoe and adds? :(
In this situation my totems are obliterated before they can make a single shot.

Not sure what bosses you mean. I can do double boss Core on this build, it's not easy but doable. Totems when you play Hinekora - Tukohama will heal themselves very strongly, when I played Ranger Deadyeye I got problems on Malformation Map, now as marauder that map boss is joke. Ofc you must quickly recast totems multiple times on many bosses, but it's not issue. Only map like Hall of Grandmaster will be challenge for that, because that mobs are insanely quick. Not sure if dps is enough now to kill mighty QBotU_DyNess but rest is tricky but doable.

The problem is everything thats is inside a small room full of mobs rs, I changed my ascendancy points to see if get better, but i not have done de Ubber lab :(
Uber lab and all ascendancy points are essential for this build. If you got 80 lvl + char you should do uber lab asap. It's rather easy, but if you got rly shit gear always it's possible to ask for help on channels like /global 820. Most ppl will do uber lab carry for free if you provides "Offering to the Goddess"
I just tried do and is hard but i done it :)

Now testing some maps with full power ehhe.
"Death and taxes" map, first time my full solo clear, no death or portals used. Very hard map for siege ballista totems, impossible on ranger-deadyeye, double as marauder chieftain :)

http://imgur.com/a/7kvyy
Grats Elua :)
It is still playable in Breach League?
"
BiggestB wrote:
It is still playable in Breach League?

Yes, but as marauder - chieftain. Deadeye is too squishy for Atlas maps.

I will be starting Breach softcore league on this build. Goal is kill Shaper, I don't do it yet because got low budged and after around 40 t15 maps done don't get single t16 map drop :/
I was playing a little essence league, now I will have much more time to try push harder.
Last couple days I tested many other totem builds and traps too. I still think siege ballista excels at clearing speed and comfort. Life leech on ballistas - marauder are super sweet, range is best totem range in PoE. It's also super safe as maruder. But when comes to boss kills siege balista is low dps skill. Warchief totems scales much easier and better. Also pizza totems are better for pure boss kills and budget gear. If someone wants push to top maps on siege balista, it requires a lot more time and dedication to push gear to limits. So if we talk about top endgame it's not easy win build. It can be very easy to start maps on siege ballista, but t16+ content requires some serious gear dedication.

Breach league looks like another CI league so competition for life gear will be low.
Bow characters will be minority, because blade flurry and CI are so good.

Last edited by Elua on Dec 2, 2016, 2:35:41 PM
Thanks for your Answer.

I loved to play your Ballista Build. It was alot of fun for me.
I'm still a new Player with my lvl 90 Character after Essence League and my English is bad ^^
But i will play your Build again! It's the best what is happen to me.

The range of the Ballistas and the killspeed is brilliant :)
i need nothing more. For me are T13 or T14 Maps enough ... i dont need more to have fun.

So i will start this League as a Marauder - Chieftain.

Thank you man! :-)

Small and fresh breach update: leveling guide in this build is currently broken. Sorry I completely forget about dex requrements for bows and I m doing instead 2x flame +1x searing bond totems yet ( 44 lvl ) Supporting this by fire traps. Will switch to siege ballista around 50-60 lvl. I was lvling my standard ballist marauder char using some heavy dex items, ofc not possible to have in first day of new league. Also some skills are not aviable to marauder so using poe.trade or guild friends is necessary.

If you play at HC beware cruel breaches, difficulty step is HUGE, and pain is real :)
Last edited by Elua on Dec 2, 2016, 11:51:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info