[2.6] Chieftain dual Siege Ballista. All map mods. 8k life. Beginner and budget tips.

I wanted to say thanks for the guide.

This was my first char ever for poe when i started this league and i had lots of fun so far. The guide is generally speaking very nice, especially for beginners. The prices for the gear does vary a lot though. You will see yourself spending considerably more than what is expected in the guide for semi high to pro gear until which you feel often far behind other builds - maybe double / triple price. You need the highest quality gear for t14+ and scale it likewise beforehand. I kinda min/maxed it. In the end it was quite expensive I reckon and not so easy to breach the 30k dps as it sounds. I think you would achieve that much faster with the ELE Ballista build.

Normal Atziri is easy / Uber not tried
Minotaur is ok, all other guardians are somewhat very hard depending strongly on mods.
Uber-Lab is a bit of a gamble since u melt in nukes/low life and can be a pain the longest time building.
Shaper once tried yet but derped. Seemed low dps / low life.
Grandmasters Hall once tried but derped. You struggle against CA Archer and especially those long range Archers in the end.

Map clearing speed is cool but behind CoC or BV. At around 50k dps you start considerably contributing to exp parties with those builds rather than only running behind.

It's at 6k life with ~69k dps @ lvl 93 essence league.

For HC I would definately take a different build, however, never played there yet.

40iiq/200iir MF with quality gear is very much possible until lets say t11-12. Lots of damage comes from bow/drillneck/rat's/jewels alone. You can even clear very cautious highest tier maps and switch gear at boss.

My gear:
Spoiler

Bow was 12ex
Kintsugi was self 6L with prophecy after wasting lots of fuses. All in all ~24ex - double the market price.
Rats w. perfect crit and 40% damage was 3-4ex but limited supply in general.
Jewels with 7%life + 2 max stats are very very hard to come by in essence.
Lightning enchanted good boots are yet to be seen.

passive tree @lvl 93
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAICAABeAO4FLQYjCC4IiQqbDc0QzBPaFSAVQxZvGY4ZtBn-GjgbARutHM4i4iP2JJ0kqiU_Jy8qEypNK1As6S2DLlM1kjbpN9Q8LT8nQzFH4krITZJRR1jlWfNaK1pSXWhiWmVNZdNmVGaebqpxQ3IPcql07XXLexR7IHvDg1-DzIazivCNfY1-jb-QVZRvlLiVBZXMmvGbjaOKo_KkOafUqJqr0qyqr6ev67CrsQG18rc-u-O9Nr6nxILEosT2xq7Kqc2Yz17Tb9N-1CPYvdqN2rHawd-Y42rnCulG6b3qYu0_7YPvevaj-JP5Y_rS_gr-VP6H_rr-yA==?accountName=ShredFred&characterName=ShreddFred

Last edited by ShredFred on Oct 28, 2016, 7:14:23 PM
Your gear is very impressive, that almost perfect bow so yummy and ring omfg.
Thx for feedback, it's kinda rare ppl push this build to so high gear levels and top endgame maps.

I have question do you manage this power charge support for most time? Build offers low crit so I was not sure it can be possible to maintain that kind of buff.

And what surprise me you don't have +1 arrow Drillneck, IMO this is huge clearing speed upgrade.
Also glove enchant ( of spite ) makes this build much, much more safer. That projectile damage mod on gloves is bad for dps if you compare it to 16% attack speed and 4-9 phys dmg on "old fashion" gloves.
Last edited by Elua on Oct 30, 2016, 12:50:57 AM
Do you have to use Lioneye's glare (fast bow) or is it better to use a higher DPS bow?
You must have 500+ pDPS super expensive bow to beat Lioneye's glare.
Hello..
Currently following this build and since i am kinda of a new player to this game.. Played a ranger in perandus league before..
What do you recommend for boots at around level 45..
I am trying to follow your gear suggestions as much as i can and Ive been able to due to poe.trade and some very nice persons who helped me =)
The build feels awesome and cleared act 1 in cruel real fast and no difficulty =D
"
100Kerer wrote:
Hello..
Currently following this build and since i am kinda of a new player to this game.. Played a ranger in perandus league before..
What do you recommend for boots at around level 45..
I am trying to follow your gear suggestions as much as i can and Ive been able to due to poe.trade and some very nice persons who helped me =)
The build feels awesome and cleared act 1 in cruel real fast and no difficulty =D

http://poe.trade/search/hononakitichun

somthing like that, most important stuff for boots is 30% movement speed, try get some hp and resistances too, and don't pay too much it's temporary leveling gear only
Last edited by Elua on Oct 30, 2016, 7:12:56 PM
Thanks for the answer. Altough I didnt say anything back your answer helped me. Tried to find something and right now I am level 75, and clearing tier 5 maps with little difficulty :D
For a beginner like me this build was awesome!!
Really really fun and easy to new player :D
Good job ;)
Hello, this build is great and working so nice and easy :) I'm currently at level 50 and had no trouble leveling, done my first ever lab on level 36 and feeling like death machine now :3 But since I'm kinda new, I have 2 questions:
1. Ballista stats are snapshotted when it has been cast or updated real time? More specifically - if I cast ballista first and then gain a frenzy charges.. do I need to recast ballista again so additional dmg/atk.speed from frenzy charges would take place in ballista stats or is it updates straight away without recasting ballista?
2. This one about hatred. It gives you extra damage as cold, so this applies into ballista on cast as I see it. But it also an aura and can affect minions such as ballista. So the question is, do ballista gain even more power if I stand near it so hatred applies to it ? Because it seems kinda.. interesting.. that hatred will basically apply twice in such way (before cast as stats and after cast as aura) :o
"
Feriath wrote:
Hello, this build is great and working so nice and easy :) I'm currently at level 50 and had no trouble leveling, done my first ever lab on level 36 and feeling like death machine now :3 But since I'm kinda new, I have 2 questions:
1. Ballista stats are snapshotted when it has been cast or updated real time? More specifically - if I cast ballista first and then gain a frenzy charges.. do I need to recast ballista again so additional dmg/atk.speed from frenzy charges would take place in ballista stats or is it updates straight away without recasting ballista?
2. This one about hatred. It gives you extra damage as cold, so this applies into ballista on cast as I see it. But it also an aura and can affect minions such as ballista. So the question is, do ballista gain even more power if I stand near it so hatred applies to it ? Because it seems kinda.. interesting.. that hatred will basically apply twice in such way (before cast as stats and after cast as aura) :o

You don't need to recast ballistas for frenzy or be close to they for hatered buff.

Only one thing worth doing is pre-cast one ballista before you see mob-pack to make it instantly activate when you approach pack. This make totem-cast-delay no issue.
Ballistas got HUGE range.
Last edited by Elua on Nov 13, 2016, 5:00:56 PM
Hello,

I just started playing again on my ballista person but I just compared my dps with yours and i'm no where edging your dps.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/clockerrs11/characters

look at my character, "mynameisjuliagillard"

stats:
http://puu.sh/shtHC/babfe11cb6.jpg
http://puu.sh/shtIP/423fc6ffc8.jpg

what items do I replace and what items should i get instead?

thank you!

i have a bit of $$ to spend.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info