quality of community

"
zoque999 wrote:
if you don't understand this too try brain transplantation.
This guy's perception of the international community hinges around him not liking what languages they speak, apparently.

Making an English-only server and an International server doesn't do anyone any good. You would be discriminating against everyone who doesn't speak English, or a level of English fluency that you deem appropriate. Add on to that the statement about non-English conversations being unintelligent, and you are making yourself into a full-blown bigot.

I suggest a non-cool-person server separate from the normal server. All the trolls and bigots can play there.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
guess playing too much mmo make you all retarted.

1. someone from germany who knows english. so everyone from germany knows english? no. besides, the guy who speak german is just an example. i didn't want to keep mentioning turks and pols so i just used a german dude in my example. get a hint.

2. i never said non-english communication is unintelligent. you can't even understand that. i keep saying "server" and either you don't want to see that or just too stupid.

3. put many people from poland, turkey, russia and brasil in same server and they will speak with 15 english words. this, makes the communication between them poorer than monkeys speak to each other.

so, we can't teach everyone english and maybe they don't even want to learn. nothing wrong with that. but why don't make a server while you can, where everyone understand each other, forming long sentences, getting intellectual satisfaction too?

and those who don't know english and who don't care, they can still continue making their own national guilds and play in international server.

but i don't know, maybe you have inferiority complex and feel left out. so you prefer a dumb community due to the language barrier.

then, whatever... do as you like, prove that you are stupid one more time.
So your 'solution' for lack of communication is for non-English natives to make their own guilds on some other server than yours.

I propose that you make your own guild on whatever server you want to be and make it clear that those who join must speak English and must be chatty. Intellectual satisfaction though? That comes after you get to know a person enough for you both to feel comfortable talking about non-general topics.

I think that if you're friendly, show interest and look for people who want to be part of a community with you, conversation will start to flow naturally after a while of contact.
Split 'n' fork(lift)
zoque, your english is so freaking bad that you really have no room to talk. Your lack of proper grammar and of coherent sentences prevents you from telling us what you really want to say.
"
zoque999 wrote:
guess playing too much mmo make you all retarted.
You assume we all play MMO's? I don't.

"
zoque999 wrote:
2. i never said non-english communication is unintelligent.
Really?
"
zoque999 wrote:
but if your english is very limited, for your sake and for everyone elses go to international server. that just would make one of the servers smarter at least.
"
zoque999 wrote:
= idiotic server. (see i say "server" not people, if all speak english in a server, it just statistically makes it smarter)
"
zoque999 wrote:
you can't even understand that. i keep saying "server" and either you don't want to see that or just too stupid.
You can't call a "server" unintelligent without referring to it as a collective group of people. Calling the server unintelligent is the exact same thing as calling the people playing on that server unintelligent.

"
zoque999 wrote:
3. put many people from poland, turkey, russia and brasil in same server and they will speak with 15 english words. this, makes the communication between them poorer than monkeys speak to each other.
So, you think it's better to have 1 server with good communication and 1 server with terrible communication than to have 1 server with decent communication? At least with the latter option would have multilingual players who can help communicate between English and other languages (since English is our base language in question).

"
zoque999 wrote:
and those who don't know english and who don't care, they can still continue making their own national guilds and play in international server.
They could do the exact same thing on the English server, so what's the point in segregating them?

"
zoque999 wrote:
but i don't know, maybe you have inferiority complex and feel left out. so you prefer a dumb community due to the language barrier.
See, you called the players dumb again. Describing a collective in such a way is the same as describing the individuals in it. Maybe you have a superiority complex over people who don't speak English. That's what you're showing in this thread.

"
zoque999 wrote:
then, whatever... do as you like, prove that you are stupid one more time.
You're the only person here showing a lack of intelligence and logic on this topic.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
I suggest a non-cool-person server separate from the normal server. All the trolls and bigots can play there.
Man, I wish that was actually possible.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:

All the trolls would starve there without normal people to feed off. Do you want to be responsible for genocide?
"
Letamol wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:

All the trolls would starve there without normal people to feed off. Do you want to be responsible for genocide?
No, the trolliest of the trolls would troll the lesser trolls, leading to a survival of the trolliest situation.

Eventually, however, this harsh environment might see the evolution of some sort of super-troll, with disastrous consequences for the rest of the internet should such a powerful troll escape it's confinement.
sorry mark, but that super troll already exist and it's me.

The WoW forums still use some of the meme I planted there 5 years ago.
funny fact about this topic is that atleast one:
Kroat, Austrian, Sweden, Russian, NZler, Poland, Finnish.

atleast two: germs, english/usa

responded to this topic, yet he hasn´t complained once about not beeing able to understand us.

there were 5 persons i couldnt identify their regional appearance and as a result didnt count them in.

-----
Meh, i need to write faster..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
Last edited by Lachdanan on Jan 12, 2012, 5:26:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info