quality of community

"
zoque999 wrote:

but if your english is very limited, for your sake and for everyone elses go to international server. that just would make one of the servers smarter at least.

smarter is good, right? i'm not suggesting something evil?
You're suggesting that English speaking is the same thing as intelligence, which is simply wrong and offensive. It won't "make one of the servers smarter" in any way, shape or form. "More English speaking" is not the same thing as "smarter", and it's quite offensive for you to pretend that it is.

If you want a Engligh-speaking only server then there's nothing wrong with asking for that (although that doesn't mean it'll happen), but there is something wrong with saying or implying people are stupid just because they speak a different language to you, which you have done repeatedly in this thread.
the funniest thing is that there are many more foreign people speaking english than there are english/american people speaking foreign languages (proportionally I mean, not literally)
IGN: Cardiac_Arrest/Cross_here/Cross_PL
diablo3 has bester cominiti then poe... i wont played poe coz its comunity is very worse. d3 has good cuminity wont like poe. also wont betakey coz d3 is bester and poe stupit.
I am waiting on a lot of games: TL2, GD, Krater and PoE. Did not get an invite to D3 beta and got bored with BF3 and MW3. Clearing up a lot of backlog from my Steam library now which includes mostly indie titles like: Aquaria, Machinarium, Capsized, Fate of the World etc
I personally would be offended if I wasn't allowed to play on a "English-only" server just because English is not my primary language. Generalization of such form is stupid.

I started online gaming when I was 13-14, and my English was fairly decent at that point. Just because someone is silent doesn't mean they don't speak and/or understand the language. :P
I think the idea was just to forbid typing in non-English in chat (one X number of server(s)) to avoid the risk of non-English communication to take up so much space that it reduced the amount of communication between players overall.

I guess this was a less of a problem in WoW for instance where many languages had their own servers, rather than being prohibited from other ones.
LOOOL
"

You're suggesting that English speaking is the same thing as intelligence, which is simply wrong and offensive.

blahblahblah

speak to me german, i won't understand it and say speak english. then you will say no english.

end of conversation.

no conversation, no intelligence.

put enough polish, turk, brazilian people on a server and it will be a dumb server. that's a fact.

because they will interact with each other with 15 english words.

= idiotic server. (see i say "server" not people, if all speak english in a server, it just statistically makes it smarter)

it is a factor of course, it doesn't mean two people speaking english always will make an intelligent conversation.

proof is you, can't even deduce people who doesn't understand each other can't make a real community and giving me that bullshit.

Last edited by zoque999 on Jan 12, 2012, 5:12:00 AM
So you are proposing an English test to get access to a specific server? As you clearly aren't satisfied enough with people being silent.

I think there is a language barrier here. I don't understand you, and I am not sure if it is because of your view of what intelligence is or if you just are not good enough in English. I become a bit wary when you start all sentences without capital letters. I would however not say that you lack intelligence because of that. See my point?
no, you don't have a point. you only think you have.

you are talking about my english and shitty capitals, oh wait, what? i don't know how to use shift? or is this a freaking choice?

if you don't understand "me" then you will understand no one in an mmo game.

have you use your brain or ass to come up with such arguments?

---

game interface opens,
two choices appears,

server 1 - only english language allowed
server 2 - international server

choose your server.

if you don't understand this too try brain transplantation.
"
zoque999 wrote:
LOOOL
"

You're suggesting that English speaking is the same thing as intelligence, which is simply wrong and offensive.

blahblahblah

speak to me german, i won't understand it and say speak english. then you will say no english.

end of conversation.

I am german and For example, if you can't understand what I say in german (and if you dont understand german, its natural) and you say to me that i should speak english, i would do that. o.O

Its really a sad point of view to me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info