So we tested Sparks after the nerf...

"
IceDeal wrote:

As for myself, I'm working my Mewtwo on SSB4.

Zelda or leave.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
Taking brake also, PoE is atm easy IMBA arpg. Going to play Black Desert Online.

Nerf spark, too much base dmg in 6 addition projectiles spell

Change Voltaxic so can't be abused by casters anymore (100% of "Attack" Lightning Damage Converted to Chaos Damage)

etc.

PVP sucks atm, ppl come and stay in corner and just cast sparks, imo rlly dumb game, i dunno why noone from GGG don't care about consequences, real players just leaving.
Last edited by Coolmer on Apr 28, 2016, 4:29:55 AM
GGG doesn't realize that hardcore players are not only full oriented about PVE, D3 PVP SUCKS, poe actually is the only that could be better, there are good mechanics, they should ask to ppl some help adn take care about some fan proposal
Last edited by Cniva on Apr 28, 2016, 8:47:51 PM
why don't they just reduce the duration of spark in pvp? it would probably take 5 seconds to code
PvP isn't limited to Sarn Arena and XvsX, you have to take into account that there is Hall of Grandmasters, bandits, cutthroat leagues, and possibly some other stuff that may appear in the future. This makes changes "for PvP only" inconsistent in anything other than hit calculations.
They already mechanically fucked up EA and traps, pve and pvp effects of the skills are completely different, EA 5-stack relatively deal 'no pvp damage' while stack of traps has sort of insane pvp dps. not sure if yet another spoiled skill make any difference to 'pvp'.

0.2 sec spark duration in instances with pvp enabled - who cares, buy more mtx.
Last edited by EFBBBF on Apr 30, 2016, 7:24:11 AM
Spark and Vaal Spark projectiles (including those from monster Sparks) are now 20% slower. Quality on Spark and Vaal Spark is now worth 1% projectile speed per point of quality (rather than 2%). The time that Sparks must travel before they re-arm has been increased from 500ms to 1000ms. Spark projectiles now destroy themselves after travelling 150 units, which is in-line with other projectiles.
lol riiiiiip arena spark.

My work is done.

Next patch spark dies after 150 units of travel. If I understand that correctly (and I may not), I think it means spark will become the shortest threat distance projectile in the game. i.e. other projectiles (like arrows) travel straight and expire after 150 units of travel. Since spark does a random walk and zig-zags, its linear range will be less than every other projectile in the game.

And they're nerfing the base damage.
And they're nerfing the projectile speed (unsure of wording, but looks like a 20% nerf to base projectile speed in addition to halving the quality bonus).
And they're nerfing the multi hit after bouncing via doubling the re-arm time from 500ms to 1000ms (effectively 50% damage nerf vs players in closed spaces).

Sadly, GGG went full retard on spark without doing any other pvp balance. So, I guess back to off screening with bows and EA spam.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on May 30, 2016, 4:10:11 AM
"
Vhlad wrote:
lol riiiiiip arena spark.

Since spark does a random walk and zig-zags, its linear range will be less than every other projectile in the game.

that's right and this is not fair for spark.

though, im happy for changes besides that small detail. nerfing quality of spark and it's base proj speed was the best nerf they could do. now they should recall 2.1 damage values back though.

thanks to you vhlad, and icedeal's endless mail spamming we got rid of one cancer. spark's opness was flashy, easy to use. it got fixed quick.

icedeal & vhlad after nerf:

Spoiler

"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on May 30, 2016, 4:23:31 AM
I would love for my "countless e-mails" (actually two not even about sparks but Inquisitor) to be responsible for this but the truth is you'll have to thanks the hordes of brain dead ziggyD and mathil followers (you know, the guy who invented LA/FW combo) for this.

Moral is if you want a skill to be nerfed in PvP, pay a streamer to showcase it and make it meta. (be carefull ea users, people start to get excited about Grand Spectrum jewels on reddit ^^)

Spoiler
Good ridance for Sparks, no one will miss you
Last edited by IceDeal on May 30, 2016, 11:03:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info