Failed to connect to instance

I'm having the same issue as the posters above, go from point A to point B via portal, way point or whatever and after about 15 - 20 seconds game goes to login screen.

Once in a while right after dropping due to failure to connect and when trying to reconnect, selecting a character from the list, the game also goes back to the initial screen where we chose from the different player classes, only no text. Just an empty unresponsive screen save for small text lower left corner with failure to connect to instance that fades away after a few seconds. I then have to tab out and force close game and run again.

This also happened to me a few weeks ago and I don't know how many different fixes I tried, dont know what made it work or if GGG just tweaked something and took my troubles away.

As of now I have a port in the fire wall, I have lowest graphic settings in game, run it as administrator and windows xp service pack 3. Pack check is fine and so on and on. There were a bunch of other fixes that i don't even remember.

I find threads from players describing this issue all the way back to 2013. I do understand that this issue may re appear as the game develops and indeed (beyond the control of the GGG team technology and IT infrastructure changes. That said there are so incredibly many people over the past years describing this issue. And like them I do not feel at all interested in playing the game or promoting it to people I know.

I play other games on this computer, several online and I have yet to play a game in my life that suffers from so many ctd, and drop issues. Other games get the graphics wrong or some weird ragdoll defying physics, but POE seems to give its eternal focus to connection issues and it really destroys the feeling I have for this game.

I will also write the support and describe my issue but this is a problem for me playing on the Singapore server, changing to Australia or California changed nothing.

Please resolve this issue that so many players suffer from.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info