Failed to connect to instance

Amsterdam: http://pastebin.com/PN5rp3Py
Frankfurt: http://pastebin.com/9DXYCRj7

Client log:

2016/04/13 18:58:18 1925270 6a8 [DEBUG Client 3760] Got Instance Details from login server
2016/04/13 18:58:18 1925270 6c4 [INFO Client 3760] Just before calling client instance session
2016/04/13 18:58:18 1925270 c6 [INFO Client 3760] Connecting to instance server at 159.122.72.165:6112
2016/04/13 18:58:39 1946268 106 [DEBUG Client 3760] Connect time to instance server was 20998ms
2016/04/13 18:58:39 1946268 206 [INFO Client 3760] Abnormal disconnect: Failed to connect to instance

Was hijacking someone else's thread but here's my own. I'm not using wifi/firewall and haven't tried using a different ethernet cable or different PC as I don't have them available right now.

Problems started occurring yesterday evening local time. It seems somewhat random but I'm getting the 'Failed to connect to instance' too often to continue playing unfortunately. 50% of the zones will give the error and I'll end up in the char creation screen without any options to click, just the message 'Failed to connect to instance'
Last bumped on May 6, 2016, 11:42:45 AM
Your WinMTR results actually look fine. You have no packet loss, no latency spikes and your average response times are just fine.

If I had to guess, based on the time frame you mentioned, I'd say you were impacted by the recent issues with the hosts.

There's nothing, you'd be able to do.

Here is some information about what happened ( from reddit ) :

"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:
It looks like our servers hosted in Dallas have lost connection to everywhere else(!). Unfortunately this is where our database backend his hosted. We're getting in touch with out provider now (and having difficulty at that). This looks like a major outage on their side.
Edit: Service should be restored now. Still finding out what actually happened.
Update: Beginning around 13-Apr-2016 05:40 UTC, the SoftLayer network in the US began experiencing routing instability. The primary impact to customers is that traffic into / out of datacenters in the US would have experienced a disruption. Most public Internet access was unaffected by this incident.
Network stability has returned as of 13-Apr-2016 06:13 UTC. Network engineers are currently reviewing the incident to determine root cause.

"
Chris wrote:
I managed to get in touch with them via phone and they've confirmed they're looking into it now.

So it looks like the problem, for you, was because of the data centre issue. How are things looking today? It looks like ( from the post ) things should be working again.
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
No the problem is still persisting and I got the error as recently as 10 minutes ago.
I'm assuming WinMTR still looks fine, yes?

:(

I think so yes, I just ran these again

Amsterdam: http://pastebin.com/ZzK3vtcs
Frankfurt: http://pastebin.com/3LdLE51m

The Amsterdam one is now reporting a 7% packet loss somewhere but I have no clue what I'm looking at tbh
Yeah, those still look fine. I see in another thread that a fellow who is also in the EU servers is being routed back to NA servers when trying to play atm.

I'm not sure what's going on, to be honest.

That 7% loss is likely just traffic mitigation. It doesn't show up on the following hop.

Bumping this because I want to be able to play again, especially for the weekend.
I've been having the same symptoms as OP for about 3 days now.

This is a WinMTR thingy from just now:

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| 192.168.1.254 - 0 | 75 | 75 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 1 |
| [myrouter].ip.telfort.nl - 0 | 75 | 75 | 5 | 7 | 38 | 5 |
| bbr01.eq01.ams01.networklayer.com - 0 | 75 | 75 | 6 | 7 | 30 | 7 |
| ae5.dar01.sr01.ams01.networklayer.com - 0 | 75 | 75 | 6 | 6 | 12 | 6 |
| po1.fcr01.sr01.ams01.networklayer.com - 60 | 75 | 30 | 6 | 15 | 117 | 117 |
| f0.4a.3a25.ip4.static.sl-reverse.com - 0 | 75 | 75 | 6 | 6 | 8 | 7 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
WinMTR - 0.8. Copyleft @2000-2002 Vasile Laurentiu Stanimir ( stanimir@cr.nivis.com )

Seems like there's a bit of a problem in the second to last hop :/

edit: looks like the paris server doesn't need to go through the problematic hop. Will check if it's more stable for me there.
"Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip" - Winston Churchill
Last edited by SonOfSon on Apr 15, 2016, 12:25:32 PM
Naw, I believe what you are seeing on that last hop is just traffic mitigation.
Notice how the results on the final hop are fine again.

I'm guessing that the problems both of you are having are related to the routing instability problem Chris reported. It does still seem to be impacting some users. Is it constant or intermittent?

intermittent... Could be fine for half an hour, maybe an hour if lucky, then "Failed to connect to instance". It's usually unstable for a bit after that and then "rinse, repeat"
"Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip" - Winston Churchill

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info