[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

"
Majad wrote:
"
What's your weapon? And how much hp.armor you have? You shouldn't have survivability problems at all. Are you using basalt potion?

Practically 4k hp and 800 ES. 7459 armour / 52% phys dmg reduction.

And I'm not using basalt. Only granite and jade.

Edit: Keep in mind I'm lvl 72 lol.

Hmm didn't try Varunastra yet so i can't give good advice for that setup. You should wait for OP to reply on that one. What main skill are you using and what's your unbuffed tooltip dps (with only auras active)? I strongly advice using Soul Taker though but that will make you respec greatly. What's your 6l gems? But, with several more levels you will be less vulnerable due to less level difference. As for the flasks, i prefer basalt over jade (in fact i didn't even use jade on this build at all), it's 20% additional dmg reduction which is just...HUGE. Keep in mind that you want to initiate every strong battle with shield charging for fortify effect. Basically, charge and spam Sunder/Cleave while stationary (for Arcic Armor dmg red to trigger as well) and that's already 30%+ flat phy dmg reduction (excluding your armor dmg red, end charges, basalt etc). Only move when strong mob uses his heavy hit (like Vaal Slam in t14 Maze or Voll in Oasis t12 / Wasteland T11 etc). Everything else is easily facetank. Spells are not problem at all so you should be more than good this way. This is very tanky and defensive build if you use everything properly.
Well I managed to get around 500 chaos mostly by selling maps with this build, so Im more interested in a stronger build with more expensive flasks, Ill wait for the update :P

Also do you have any recomentations for good boots+glove enchantments?
"
Hmm didn't try Varunastra yet so i can't give good advice for that setup. You should wait for OP to reply on that one. What main skill are you using and what's your unbuffed tooltip dps (with only auras active)? I strongly advice using Soul Taker though but that will make you respec greatly. What's your 6l gems? But, with several more levels you will be less vulnerable due to less level difference. As for the flasks, i prefer basalt over jade (in fact i didn't even use jade on this build at all), it's 20% additional dmg reduction which is just...HUGE. Keep in mind that you want to initiate every strong battle with shield charging for fortify effect. Basically, charge and spam Sunder/Cleave while stationary (for Arcic Armor dmg red to trigger as well) and that's already 30%+ flat phy dmg reduction (excluding your armor dmg red, end charges, basalt etc). Only move when strong mob uses his heavy hit (like Vaal Slam in t14 Maze or Voll in Oasis t12 / Wasteland T11 etc). Everything else is easily facetank. Spells are not problem at all so you should be more than good this way. This is very tanky and defensive build if you use everything properly.

29k dps.

As for the flasks. Meh. Both my flasks, separately, give 19% reduced phys dmg and 38% together.

I prefer granite and jade because of the charges. You can use them twice before charging and with basalt you can only use it once unless you get extra charges or reduced charges used as a mod.
fph ~ Orbs work in real life. I exchanged my ex for a lot of regrets.
"
Merdento wrote:
Well I managed to get around 500 chaos mostly by selling maps with this build, so Im more interested in a stronger build with more expensive flasks, Ill wait for the update :P

Also do you have any recomentations for good boots+glove enchantments?

Gloves enchants you want the commandment of force or commandment of reflection. I think either is fine. No idea about the other commandents and how much dmg they do tbh.

For boots, the AS on kill is the best one, imo. You can also go for the 06. mana/life leech on kill but it's rather meh.
Last edited by Majad on Sep 26, 2016, 12:18:04 PM
Just three more question:

1. Why do you keep Tempest Shield at Level 1? I see no reason why not to level it up to lvl 7 as you do with Blood Rage.

2. Any reason not to level Enfeeble when I got more intelligence through jewels?

3. Shield Charge + Fortify + Faster Attacks (as in your writing) or
Shield Charge + Fortify + Increased Duration (as in your gems)?

Thx again :-)
"
Majad wrote:
As for the flasks. Meh. Both my flasks, separately, give 19% reduced phys dmg and 38% together.

I prefer granite and jade because of the charges. You can use them twice before charging and with basalt you can only use it once unless you get extra charges or reduced charges used as a mod.

That's right but basalt gives FLAT 20% dmg reduction and that's uncomparatible imo.

For the gloves i would strongly recommend new gloves type Spiked Gloves which have implicit increased melee damage, but you can't enchant anything on them since it will replace the implicit. Anyway, it's 20% increased physical damage is by far the best for this build.
Last edited by spartacusbringerofrain on Sep 26, 2016, 5:23:32 PM
How much health do you have when mapping? I looked over your tree quickly and saw that you're at 160%, which by my estimate puts you under 6k (probably even closer to 5k) with good gear. Also, got any vids of build in action?
"
That's right but basalt gives FLAT 20% dmg reduction and that's uncomparatible imo.

For the gloves i would strongly recommend new gloves type Spiked Gloves which have implicit increased melee damage, but you can't enchant anything on them since it will replace the implicit. Anyway, it's 20% increased physical damage is by far the best for this build.

What does it being flat mean? Does it mean it reduces 20% of the 100% phys dmg first then the armour reduction comes in play after, further reducing another % of the already reduced damage instead of stacking with your armour?

I have no idea how that works at all.

Right now I can't change gloves. Out of currency lol.

Didn't know the enchants would remove the implicit already in the gloves.
Last edited by Majad on Sep 26, 2016, 7:29:38 PM
"
Majad wrote:
"

What does it being flat mean? Does it mean it reduces 20% of the 100% phys dmg first then the armour reduction comes in play after, further reducing another % of the already reduced damage instead of stacking with your armour?

I have no idea how that works at all.

Right now I can't change gloves. Out of currency lol.

Didn't know the enchants would remove the implicit already in the gloves.

Look for defense window, if your damage reduction is 50% after using basalt it will be 70%. If your damage reduction is 10% it will be 30%. It directly adds 20% to that value. After i use my Lion's Roar (which is granite), my damage reductions changes from 56% to 67% on my current lvl 92. But with basalt it's 76% from 56%. And when i use both, it's 87% (so only 3% less than max armor reduction of 90%) just with those 2 flasks. When you add Fortify which grants global 20% damage reduction (armor reduces dmg reduction of physical attacks only), arctic armor, endurance charges and max block chance of both attacks and spells you get sick defensive character.
"

Look for defense window, if your damage reduction is 50% after using basalt it will be 70%. If your damage reduction is 10% it will be 30%. It directly adds 20% to that value. After i use my Lion's Roar (which is granite), my damage reductions changes from 56% to 67% on my current lvl 92. But with basalt it's 76% from 56%. And when i use both, it's 87% (so only 3% less than max armor reduction of 90%) just with those 2 flasks. When you add Fortify which grants global 20% damage reduction (armor reduces dmg reduction of physical attacks only), arctic armor, endurance charges and max block chance of both attacks and spells you get sick defensive character.

Right. I forgot I could test that myself lol. And I just did now. 90% phys reduction is what I get with granite and basalt.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info