[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

Well, that's a pretty nasty list you got there. Let's see:

- Uberi Atziri: never tried it, and probably never will.

- Vaal Temple: definitively want to try it out. I want that shaper's orb! And with not so difficult mods and some practice I guess (and hope) it could be done.

- The Shaper: just sell the pieces. Can't see how to kill him with a melee life based build. Any mistake will kill you. If not, you will run out of flask and next mistake will kill you. And if you manage to not getting killed, then all the ground will be filled with vortexs that makes impossible to get to the shaper. I assumed vortex were cold damage based, so I try Shaffle's with Shappire up and damage was just the same (or is not cold damage or has a lot of cold penetration).

- Hall of Grandmasters: only good news I got for you. The tanky ES I guess is a Aegis Shield full block based build. Kinda similar to this build. You can stay for ages hitting him and Aegis will replenish constantly, but, if you exchange both rings with Ming's Heart, then you will deal quite some chaos damage that will goes directly to his life pool and will be able to kill him (I did it pretty easily on last run I made). But, HoG is just too long to try and I'm just not interesting in such effort.

Glad you enjoy this build! Let me know if you have any success on these maps, mostly Vaal Temple!

Edit: Taste of Hate is such a great flask, is just too expensive for overall cost of this build, that's it. I reach 36 challenges without warband challenge (left without doing warbands, shaper, grinds and 24 essences).
Last edited by mas_mariano on Sep 26, 2016, 8:37:02 AM
Hey.

Loving this build so much but I'm having issues keeping up even one endurance charge with riposte (I'm using 6l + aegis. You can check my profile).

I don't know if this is supposed to be like this or if it's because I'm still doing "low" lvl tiers (i'm lvl 70 atm and I don't want to do tiers higher than 10 even though I can go higher).

If it's always like this and getting endurance charges is difficult, even in bosses which seems to be the case, wouldn't it be better to get a skill point from merc on bandits instead of an extra endurance charge?

This is pretty shitty for me because I thought I could run Vaal Immortal Call in bad situations but like this IM is practically useless.

I'm also curious about what you think of the sacrificial garb unique from Atziri (the ones that give at least 300 ES, instead of hp, and another good roll for EV or AR) as being bis for this build, which seems to be to me but I'd like to hear thoughts.
fph ~ Orbs work in real life. I exchanged my ex for a lot of regrets.
Last edited by Majad on Sep 26, 2016, 8:46:36 AM
Hi, Max Block/Facetank seems to be perfect for my playstyle as I like to keep it simple ;-)

I'm equipping my Gladiator to try this build, so far I already got

- Bringer of Rain
- Lioneye's Remorse
- The Anvil

As I just love using as many uniques as possible, are there recommendations for gloves/boots/belts? I do own the following, so

- Wyrmsign

seems great, because it offers a free concentrated effect! What would you recommend as fifth link in addition to Cleave, Multistrike, Added Fire?

For boots how about:

- Redblade Tramplers
- Windscream
- Lioneye's Paws

Belt:

- Immortal Flesh
- Doryani's Invitation

Is there anything you think you could fit in nicely? (I always have difficulty getting cap-ele-res when equipping too many uniques ...)

Sorry if any of this has been asked before and thx for any suggestions :-)
Last edited by SoilnRock on Sep 26, 2016, 9:02:37 AM
Just one (and probably the only that comes on my mind) advice for the shaper is: Sunder. Forget about cleave and that's it. I will probably try it (again) when fragment prices drops a lot.

@Merdento: I'm already looking forward to using Taste of Hate, i'll probably swap it for 1 healing pot, so i will have 1 healing pot with bleed immunity, basalt with freeze immunity and 3 dps unique pots!)
@Majad: You should read my alternate setup suggestion few pages ago using Blasphemy with War Mark. That way you will have end charges all the time and immortal call will be extremely helpful in those situations.
@SoilnRock: You want high HP pool/DPS and res on your gloves, so Wyrm is out of question. And Conc Effect applies only to socketed gems, so only if you socket something in them will be affected.
It's the same for belt, both immortal flesh and doryani lacks the stats you need on belt: hp/res/dps and /or armor. Check mine for example:
It would be perfect if it have 85+ hp, 40%+ res and if it's rustic sash and not leather belt but oh well. Even now it's great belt for this build. 48 str is big hp/dps buff.
Last edited by spartacusbringerofrain on Sep 26, 2016, 8:56:57 AM
Ah, I totally forgot that I would have to equip my main attack gems in BoR - stupid me ...

Thx for your reply, so far I'm only level 79 and I will try to use those uniques as long as possible.

Thx for your quick reply!
"

@Majad: You should read my alternate setup suggestion few pages ago using Blasphemy with War Mark. That way you will have end charges all the time and immortal call will be extremely helpful in those situations.

Might actually go for blasphemy + wlm but right now I can't since I don't have the last two points on ascendancy to get 2% block and dmg % on block.

Either way, seems like I can go blasphemy + wlm (I'll need to use self flagellation, I guess, to have a second curse? Can't think of anything else other than doedre's damning for a 2nd curse and that ring is a big no for this build) and the other two sockets, I'll probably go for 20 cwdt + 20 normal immortal call, if so, I'll probably remove vaal immortal call for something else, idk about that.

Either way, this doesn't fix not having charges during bosses which is what I aim for... But maybe the 20 cwdt + 20 ic fixes that. I don't know.

Edit: Just remembered now, I'd probably need to drop hatred to get wlm blasphemy and I'd probably have enough mana to go for HoA instead. hm...
Last edited by Majad on Sep 26, 2016, 9:19:59 AM
"
Majad wrote:
"

Might actually go for blasphemy + wlm but right now I can't since I don't have the last two points on ascendancy to get 2% block and dmg % on block.

Either way, seems like I can go blasphemy + wlm (I'll need to use self flagellation, I guess, to have a second curse? Can't think of anything else other than doedre's damning for a 2nd curse and that ring is a big no for this build) and the other two sockets, I'll probably go for 20 cwdt + 20 normal immortal call, if so, I'll probably remove vaal immortal call for something else, idk about that.

Either way, this doesn't fix not having charges during bosses which is what I aim for... But maybe the 20 cwdt + 20 ic fixes that. I don't know.

Edit: Just remembered now, I'd probably need to drop hatred to get wlm blasphemy and I'd probably have enough mana to go for HoA instead. hm...

Yea self flag is the jewel you need. Personally when i decide to try testing part 2 of blasp setup, i'll go for 2 offensive curses since i the only thing i'm looking forward is fastest possible t16 boss kills. Mandatory is ofc Vulnerability, but i'm not sure about the second one yet. Punishment is awesome, but it's not working well with this build, you need to cast totem, wait for him to attack first then when you attack you will get punish buff, after that you melt :) Maybe using golem again will help with this one. I'm leveling to 93 now and when i'm hit it i'll check blasp setup again. Keep in mind that with blasp+2 curses+HoA you will have enough mana to use additional gem, like rallying cry for even more dps, very helpful.
"
Yea self flag is the jewel you need. Personally when i decide to try testing part 2 of blasp setup, i'll go for 2 offensive curses since i the only thing i'm looking forward is fastest possible t16 boss kills. Mandatory is ofc Vulnerability, but i'm not sure about the second one yet. Punishment is awesome, but it's not working well with this build, you need to cast totem, wait for him to attack first then when you attack you will get punish buff, after that you melt :) Maybe using golem again will help with this one. I'm leveling to 93 now and when i'm hit it i'll check blasp setup again. Keep in mind that with blasp+2 curses+HoA you will have enough mana to use additional gem, like rallying cry for even more dps, very helpful.

Right now I don't need dmg, I'm only lvl 70 clearing t10 maps pretty well but my survivability is still kinda low.

So I'm going for enfeb and wlm. I've also changed vaal immortal call to vaal discipline (only lvl 9 though) for another survivability since I'm using 6l and aegis.

This is the new gem set up I made:

I'll probably change it again once I hit lvl 85 or when I start doing t15 or something.

Edit: Not to mention, with this gem set up, we can drop mana leech from gloves and/or rings but that would make hexproof maps a big no no.

Edit: As for the auras, I'm now running wlm + blasphemy, HoA and Arctic Armour. Looking good.

Edit: Seems like flag only works on you and not the enemies. Jesus. That means we can only run 1 curse unless we use doedre's... God damn it, GGG.
Last edited by Majad on Sep 26, 2016, 11:11:20 AM
"
Majad wrote:
"

Right now I don't need dmg, I'm only lvl 70 clearing t10 maps pretty well but my survivability is still kinda low.

So I'm going for enfeb and wlm. I've also changed vaal immortal call to vaal discipline (only lvl 9 though) for another survivability since I'm using 6l and aegis.

This is the new gem set up I made:

I'll probably change it again once I hit lvl 85 or when I start doing t15 or something.

Edit: Not to mention, with this gem set up, we can drop mana leech from gloves and/or rings but that would make hexproof maps a big no no.

Edit: As for the auras, I'm now running wlm + blasphemy, HoA and Arctic Armour. Looking good.

Edit: Seems like flag only works on you and not the enemies. Jesus. That means we can only run 1 curse unless we use doedre's... God damn it, GGG.

What's your weapon? And how much hp.armor you have? You shouldn't have survivability problems at all. Are you using basalt potion?
"
What's your weapon? And how much hp.armor you have? You shouldn't have survivability problems at all. Are you using basalt potion?

Practically 4k hp and 800 ES. 7459 armour / 52% phys dmg reduction.

And I'm not using basalt. Only granite and jade.

Edit: Keep in mind I'm lvl 72 lol.

Edit: You can see my character's gear if you go to my profile.
Last edited by Majad on Sep 26, 2016, 11:48:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info