[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

"
Majad wrote:
"

Look for defense window, if your damage reduction is 50% after using basalt it will be 70%. If your damage reduction is 10% it will be 30%. It directly adds 20% to that value. After i use my Lion's Roar (which is granite), my damage reductions changes from 56% to 67% on my current lvl 92. But with basalt it's 76% from 56%. And when i use both, it's 87% (so only 3% less than max armor reduction of 90%) just with those 2 flasks. When you add Fortify which grants global 20% damage reduction (armor reduces dmg reduction of physical attacks only), arctic armor, endurance charges and max block chance of both attacks and spells you get sick defensive character.

Right. I forgot I could test that myself lol. And I just did now. 90% phys reduction is what I get with granite and basalt.

I choose Granite + Jade because you got two uses before refill, as Majad stated at the very beginning of this replies. But as spartacusbringerofrain explained, Basalt gives more flat physical reduction. In other words, the amount of armour needed for additional damage reduction gets kinda exponential as you approach to cap. So, when using Granite+Jade you get 18% for the first one, but only around 10% for the next one. In case of Basalt, no matter your armour, you get an additional 20% physical reduction.

I consider Basalt a strong choice, and I use it when I needed as any other utility flask. But for general use while mapping, I keep Granite + Jade my default choice (because the two uses before refill).
"
Bawtzki wrote:
How much health do you have when mapping? I looked over your tree quickly and saw that you're at 160%, which by my estimate puts you under 6k (probably even closer to 5k) with good gear. Also, got any vids of build in action?

Life is around 5.5K on level 90/91 and good gear. I will say that is more closer to 5K than to 6K. But survivability is truly great thanks to full block attacks/spells capabilities of this build.

About videos, you got some at the very end of the guide. Is the worst section of this guide, I know. Cleave/Sunder videos are from 2.3 and Static Strike videos are from Perandus League (regrettably, this build improved a lot after these videos were recorded, and I should put some new ones, but well, at least you get an idea of the gamestyle).

"
birdis0n wrote:
"
rafaelsanreis wrote:
is this hc viable?

Im 90 now, till t12 very easy so far but im not able to play atm because of freezes

I never played HC, but for other players replies, seems that this build works pretty well for HC. Survivability is great and with some practice, almost all content could be done deathless, so I assume it is.

But I prefer you rely on other HC players replies on this post to decide if use this build or don't on HC.
Well, 60 pages of Q&A. This totally gets out of proportion... :D

I really enjoy doing this. Thanks to all!
How far along were you when you cleared uber? I've gotten to the 3rd trial and can't get him down. I'm at 32k sunder dps (no charges/flasks) but only at 4k health.
IGN: Mirakool
I was around level 87/88. I was really unlucky getting all trials. I quote a previous answer about this:

"
Some things I consider important against Izaro:

- Sometimes exchanging Atziri's with Basalt could be useful. You get additional chance to reduce physical damage taken.
- A good use of Jade + Granite is really important. With them, you have almost cap physical reduction and sometimes against uber Izaro is mandatory to use them.
- Most important, there's a particular attack from him that could totally destroy you. He turns to his side for 1/2 seconds and then release a pulse that travels towards the screen. That pulse seems a physical damage that works the opposite than Freezing Pulse. As the pulse travels towards the screen, makes a lot more damage. So, against common sense, what I choose to do is to ALWAYS stay in front of Izaro without moving. I run three times merci lab and one time uber, and doing this I never get hit by his pulse. If you run away and pulse hit you, you're dead.

Of course, I can't confirm this, but I'm pretty sure of it. So I do what usually do against bosses. Just facetank him :D (and if he teleports me on third stage, I just run like a mad men and get in front of him immediately).

"
mas_mariano wrote:
I was around level 87/88. I was really unlucky getting all trials. I quote a previous answer about this:

"
Some things I consider important against Izaro:

- Sometimes exchanging Atziri's with Basalt could be useful. You get additional chance to reduce physical damage taken.
- A good use of Jade + Granite is really important. With them, you have almost cap physical reduction and sometimes against uber Izaro is mandatory to use them.
- Most important, there's a particular attack from him that could totally destroy you. He turns to his side for 1/2 seconds and then release a pulse that travels towards the screen. That pulse seems a physical damage that works the opposite than Freezing Pulse. As the pulse travels towards the screen, makes a lot more damage. So, against common sense, what I choose to do is to ALWAYS stay in front of Izaro without moving. I run three times merci lab and one time uber, and doing this I never get hit by his pulse. If you run away and pulse hit you, you're dead.

Of course, I can't confirm this, but I'm pretty sure of it. So I do what usually do against bosses. Just facetank him :D (and if he teleports me on third stage, I just run like a mad men and get in front of him immediately).

Not really sure I understand this entirely. Just stay in front of him the entire time?
Only attack I found deadly is the pulse he throws towards the screen, but seems that only deals huge damage when you're at some distance from Izaro. Can't confirm this, is just my experience about Izaro. I hate doing labs, so I just did once for getting my ascendancy points.

And always try to keep flasks up when you gonna receive a blow.
Yeah that's the only issue I have also. I hate lab so I'm just trying to get my points asap.
Last edited by Mirakool on Sep 27, 2016, 5:58:40 AM
"
mas_mariano wrote:
I'm not satisfied with Endurance Charge generation on 6L version of this build. But I just can't find any way to improve this. Riposte is not good enough because it depends on stun, and stun is not reliable at all against bosses (and this build of course is not good for stun mechanics). And the other option, Warlord's Mark as your course, only gives EC when slain, so against bosses, is bad too.

You're right, extra EC when going 6L seems a poor choice and that should be changed on guide (I will on next update).

About chest, imo, is really important to get a good ES pool, but most important at all is not loosing life on the way. So I suggest you always try to get life from your gear, then look for good Armour/ES. And after the last update (yesterday) I put 4th ascendancy point on Violent Retaliation (even for 6L version) and Blood Dance Boots for FC generation. So you already loose life on your boots to get FC. All this changes are explained on guide.

Thanks. I didn't remember about those boots for frenzy charges. I'll share my thoughts after I read it.

Btw, I remembered about cospri's will for the extra curse and chaos resistance and it seems like a good trade off so you can have enfeb and warlord's mark together. I think the health loss is an ok trade but with Blood Dance, I'm not so sure.
"
mas_mariano wrote:
Did a quick look to your char:

- Exchange Faster Attacks with Elemental Focus, you will see a huge damage boost.
- Right now, almost all high damage boost nodes from tree are still pending to be assigned. You will notice a huge improvement through the next levels of your char: Jewels, Cleaving, Strong Arm, Bone Breaker, 2x double dip from By the Blade.
- You don't generate FC, see if possible to fit last change on guide about The Blood Dance Boots.
- When you got the chance, exchange Command of Steel with 4th ascendancy point (Violent Retaliation with the +2% block chance on the way), +1% next to Solidity and +1% from jewel/corrupted Anvil (check yesterday update on guide).

Right now, your tree is focused on life and your gear is pretty good. Only thing I found is that you don't use Instant Recovery life flasks, that imo, are mandatory. Except for that, I can't find any issue related to survivability. You should be fine, maybe try to clarify in which situations you get killed and try to focus on a good flask usage and extra careful against damage that cannot be blocked (DoT, explosions).

PS: of course, capped elemental resistances, don't?

Yeah, I know I need to drop faster attacks.

I know. I wanted to get all the life nodes first because I value survivability more and I'm already doing a lot of dmg for my level, at least on packs. Bosses take a while.

Right now I can't exchange Command of Steel because it's giving me 4% block that I can't get anywhere else. Getting an Anvil with block % seems pretty damn expensive and I don't have the currency for it yet.

Yeah, my survivability is fine. I don't die. I can kill Colonnade's boss pretty easily (though I don't kill the rares inside so I can get more block chance for my ES and damage from Retaliation). As for the flasks, I don't use instant, yeah, but if I need to use them, I guess I gota change flasks then to Divine since it seems to have the biggest health gain.

fph ~ Orbs work in real life. I exchanged my ex for a lot of regrets.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info