[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

"
This is my gear on Prophecy, lacking in damage but its a block build, i expected that. Reached lvl 90 easy, twinned T15 maps (ofc not Core) are not a problem, uber lab the same. This build cost me around 3ex

flasks i use:

36 challenges complete and this lucky Chance :

Thanks very much for this build, it's awesome.

I really enjoyed reading your reply. That was exactly my experience while playing Perandus league with this build and that's why I decided to write this guide.

Only difference, of course, was that I didn't get such a lucky item like Skyforth, but, I was happy enough with a "The Doctor" drop that allow me to end league with more than 15 exalted savings.

Thanks for sharing this. Regards!
"
Roofz wrote:
Just hit level 78, 4,4k life with 40k dps on sunder and around 60% block. Been running maps up to tier 8 with all kinds of mods and feels pretty safe. Died one time to some random boss, probably due to overconfidence. I am running all three auras and CWDT with tempest shield, blood rage and lightning golem and everything seems to cast just fine. Maybe should get some lower level CWDT to cast it more often.

Glad this build is working for you! I suggest you check recent version of this guide. Only one thing: take advantage of Ancestral Warchief, it greatly increase your DPS and is perfect for boss fights. Regards!
"
espanyol44 wrote:
"
zeroonea wrote:
just 3 aegis shield on poe.trade in prophecy now, the price is 2ex and up.

--------
Re quote my question:

"
- Riposte, Melee Splash, Stun, Endurance Charge on Melee Stun

Does melee splash will make 3 endurance charge on a single riposte when block? (because it attack muti target?)

If not, should I do this: - Riposte, Vengeance, Stun, Endurance Charge on Melee Stun. With Vengeance I have 30% chance to counter attack when hit. so it is increased chance to get endurance charge on block and hit too.

Riposte, Melee Splash, Stun, Endurance Charge on Melee Stun with this setup 3 EC allways up for me with static strike.with sunder/eq no EC coz 1 shot all pack. :)

My reasoning behind this was that because all counter attack gems have a cooldown (shared with different instances of the same gem), you can't use the same gems for different actions (like CoH and Stun). Then, stun mechanics depends on a chance calculated between damage and defender's max life. For that, Riposte seems good enough because it deals a good amount of damage and Melee Splash seems mandatory because hitting more than one enemy gives you an additional chance to stun some of the mobs you damage with this counter attack skill.

In other words, Riposte + Melee Splash doesn't assure you to get 3 EC at the same time, just gives you more chances to stun more than one enemy and get more than one endurance charge.

Hope this answer your question. Regards!
"
Bromeek wrote:
If i have this:

Should i change my passive skill tree? I play Varunastra version. 92lvl.

With legacy BoR I only see two important changes:

- You have +9% Block Chance thanks to BoR legacy stats, so you will not need the two jewels with +1% Block Chance. At the same time, you could remove Solidity cluster and use that three points for increased defensive/offensive stats.
- Legacy BoR has a poor Endurance Charge generation chance (10% against 20% with current version). For that, maybe you need to make some changes to improve your EC generation. You can read about this in the 6L + Aegis section of this guide. But basically you could go for Riposte + Melee Splash + Stun + Endurance Charge on Melee Stun combo or exchange Enfeeble with Warlord's Mark curse.
Keep updeiting. Ty

RIP'ed 85 lvl in uber lab. 1 hit, from final boss. Then he hit at ground skill.
5,6k life and 13k armor was. No flask popet at that moment, big mistake.

No again 85 lvl. :)

Jusct my recomendations,

less dps, but you dont need to spamm Blood range ;)

On Boos fights,
Leap slam out and adding Anc.Warchief + fortify he gets, and stay a little more ;)

Lightning Coil Desert Brigandinine + Aegis ? Works ?
I'm really sorry to read that. What do you think was the problem against Uber Izaro? My opinions:

- As you stated, against hits that deal a huge amount of physical damage, flasks are really important. That's why I choose Jade plus Granite, so I have 4 times before refill to get my physical damage reduction as high as I can.
- Aegis with a good ES pool maybe helps too, imo, at some point, is the only way to get even better defenses in this build.
- I think Lightning Coil would be great for 6L + Aegis version. I just don't consider it because I try to make always budget builds. But, if you can afford it, go ahead in my opinion. Just consider that LC will have a final good amount of Armour (thanks to Iron Reflexes) but you will need to get ES from elsewhere in gear (helmet, rings, belt).
- When dealing with bigger bosses, I strongly suggest Static Strike, the damage output for single target is huge, compared to other skills. Sunder is great but lacks of enough damage against dangerous bosses.
- Was good enough stun combo you got to produce Endurance Charges? I thought that without "Stun" support gem, this will not work that good. Don't know, but maybe is better to add it.
- Playing HC maybe is interesting to get more EC from tree, but again, not sure about it, because maybe in the situations you really need it, you don't produce EC so fast.

I will really appreciate your opinions about all this. Usually people ask about HC viability of this build and because I don't play HC I rely entirely in the opinions from other players.

Thanks for your recommendations, regards!
"
mas_mariano wrote:
"
Roofz wrote:
Just hit level 78, 4,4k life with 40k dps on sunder and around 60% block. Been running maps up to tier 8 with all kinds of mods and feels pretty safe. Died one time to some random boss, probably due to overconfidence. I am running all three auras and CWDT with tempest shield, blood rage and lightning golem and everything seems to cast just fine. Maybe should get some lower level CWDT to cast it more often.

Glad this build is working for you! I suggest you check recent version of this guide. Only one thing: take advantage of Ancestral Warchief, it greatly increase your DPS and is perfect for boss fights. Regards!

Thank you for reply! After trying out some other builds and wasting a shitload of currencie I geared this char again today. This time will try some cleave action. After trying it again in DL i was amazed how fast attack speed actually is :D Still some things to do, like gem levels etc. Some links are empty, probably will use warchief or something.
Items for now.
Spoiler
Some suggestions for quick improve:

- Q20 Reckoning for increased AoE, you will curse more mobs at the same time.
- Try to get a Rustic Sash for implicit inc. Physical Damage.
- As you stated, Cleave setup needs better gems, at least Cleave is your main priority.
- You need Rumi's? Considering block cap, you should reach max block chance without it. Granite/Jade are great for physical damage reduction.
- I don't see Blood Rage in your gear. Too good to miss: 3 Frenzy Charges plus 20% inc. Attack Speed.
- And as you stated before, Ancestral Warchief for bosses.

Well, hope you enjoy the build! Regards!
"
mas_mariano wrote:
Some suggestions for quick improve:

- Q20 Reckoning for increased AoE, you will curse more mobs at the same time.
- Try to get a Rustic Sash for implicit inc. Physical Damage.
- As you stated, Cleave setup needs better gems, at least Cleave is your main priority.
- You need Rumi's? Considering block cap, you should reach max block chance without it. Granite/Jade are great for physical damage reduction.
- I don't see Blood Rage in your gear. Too good to miss: 3 Frenzy Charges plus 20% inc. Attack Speed.
- And as you stated before, Ancestral Warchief for bosses.

Well, hope you enjoy the build! Regards!

Ty again for suggestions. Now I am improving gems before doing anything really. Cleave setup will be priority. As for frenzy charges, i took Outmatch and Outlast from uber lab, you think it isn't enough? As for Rumi's i get 74/75 block chance without it. Linked warchief in my boots.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info