[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

First off thank you for updating this guide it was really helpful!

I am having a really hard time with this build for Izaro in uber lab. I am level 86 but I should be at least close to being able to kill him? I died a couple of times in the 2nd stage.

I have invested in the Aurora Shield. With the Tempest Shield up I can get the 78% chance to block.

I was looking at getting the 6L chest and 4l helmet but that is going to put me back at least 4+ ex if I want life with es and armor/evasion.

Could you offer some advice?
Perhaps look at my character (SmashingJoe)
-----------------------------------------------
EDIT

I have done some testing and I am waaaaayyy overcapped on the chance to block attacks. So I have the jewel slots completely free for a jewel with stats that you've recommended.

Last edited by mojo5110 on Jul 12, 2016, 4:07:55 PM
"
SolemnKnight wrote:
Hey nice build man!

Just wanted to ask about the early game grind, as my first char what kind of weapons/skills should I be using to get through since I dont have those uniques. I understand first chars for leagues are always tough to get going anyways.

thanks!

Hi, thanks!

There's a complete section in the guide about early game, look for "Leveling Tips" section. I strongly recommend you use the uniques I listed there, because these are really cheap and surely you will be able to buy them as you advance in the very first levels of your char. I'm not saying these uniques are better in any way to great rares, just that they're cheap and really easy to look for in poe.trade.

If your question is related to something more specific, just let me know.

Luck with build!
"
mojo5110 wrote:
First off thank you for updating this guide it was really helpful!

I am having a really hard time with this build for Izaro in uber lab. I am level 86 but I should be at least close to being able to kill him? I died a couple of times in the 2nd stage.

I have invested in the Aurora Shield. With the Tempest Shield up I can get the 78% chance to block.

I was looking at getting the 6L chest and 4l helmet but that is going to put me back at least 4+ ex if I want life with es and armor/evasion.

Could you offer some advice?
Perhaps look at my character (SmashingJoe)
-----------------------------------------------
EDIT

I have done some testing and I am waaaaayyy overcapped on the chance to block attacks. So I have the jewel slots completely free for a jewel with stats that you've recommended.

First off, I wasn't able to try uber Izaro with this build right now. I made this build for Perandus League and I used another build a made for Prophecy based on Lightning Strike. I'm trying to get trials for uber lab in Standard, but after dunno, 60 maps, only got two trials. I play leagues on a regular basis, it makes no sense to me being forced to do hundreds of maps in Standard just to get trials for uber (but I'm trying Ringo, I'm trying real hard...).

Some suggestions:
- Which attack kills you? Did you try to avoid that attack instead of facetank? It happened to me with this build that I was used to facetank everything, but sometimes, you need to step back. At least until you found out what is killing you.
- Did you got flask up for physical damage reduction when you died? Did you use these on a regular basis when dealing with the attack that kill you from Izaro?
- About switching to 6L, try to get something decent and cheaper and after a while you upgrade it. I see some decent ones in Standard for less than 1-2ex: http://poe.trade/search/takohunohonita
- I see you use Cleave, did you tried to switch PtL with Concentrated Effect when dealing with Izaro? I got a 35% final DPS increase with this change and you just need best single target damage you can get.
- About block chance, just don't forget to calculate the +3% chance from Tempest Shield triggered with CWDT and the +8% chance from Painforged ascendancy point.

Hope something of this may be useful to you! Regards!
Last edited by mas_mariano on Jul 13, 2016, 3:45:11 PM
hey got a question, if I get a +1 to curses in the anvil Should I run vulnerability and enfeeble ?
Yes, if you're using Cleave/Sunder/Earthquake as main attack skill. If you choose Static Strike then Elemental Weakness. Maybe you could run Enfeeble on CWDT setup and leave Reckoning+Vengeance with Vulnerability.
Hey! This build looks great. And since ive just ripped my char. I would like to start with this build. But im a big fan of whirling blades. Do you think there is like a sword version of this one? I read you did it before with Varunastra. Do you still have the tree of that char? That would be great.

Thanks alot!
Can you do the Varunastra build again with the comming div card for it ? The build looks so OP with that weapon.
And got another little question, this build can work too with lacerate ?
@Zardin90 & @kramurz:

I included a complete section for using Varunastra Sword with this build: some minor changes in gear and major changes on passive tree.
"
Ohznip wrote:
And got another little question, this build can work too with lacerate ?

Yes. Basically, you just need an attack that works as melee for taking advantage of implicit support gems on BoR. I don't test it, but I guess setup will be similar to Cleave:

Lacerate + Multistrike + Added Fire Damage + Increased Area of Effect/Concentrated Effect.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info