[2.4]Cheap, Tanky, Reflect Immune ! Low Life Kinetic Blast Champion 110k+ dps 8k+ ES 18k eva!

Wow! thank you for the thoughtful response! I love walls of text about efficiency <333 That was very insightful.

"
1. Yes. Dont do that lol. It will slow you down considerably if you have to manually curse and use frenzy to keep up both your charges. Herald of ice auto curse is just too nice to pass by. As you said, as a wander usually damage is not a problem, same for this build. Especially the phys/chaos version has NO issue with damage EVER. Like you see in my videos, tempchain, enfeeble, monster life T15 maps are not a problem. The damage is just right. Single target is never an issue thanks to frost wall.
Skyforth is the best choice for power charges. Sadly its super expensive. A pcoc gem works too, but as soon as you use it, people shout at you and despise you for being so "inefficient" xD

OH yea, one day I'll afford those, and one day ill afford Shavs too! ahahaha. Still working about that. It was a dream for efficiency and using Frenzy once every 12 seconds didn't "sound" awful in my head but I know I'll feel the same way after using it once.

Also, I know 100 is probably not going to happen but it just makes more sense to me to full build it and have the perfect tree and be able to pick and choose what i need when it comes. I get the building for reality too aha. I just have more fun playing with the tree for 100. Just my building style - I build to get EVERYTHING I could possibly want which ends around 160 points and just make reductions to what is the least painful to give up. It works for me at least and helps me get the most optimal pathing, but it does make lvl100 builds more common and i just leave it to if i want more of one or the other.

"
2. what do you mean with mana on the bottom of the tree? I don't understand it. Mana should be fine, you have the duelist leech and for spamming you can just use vaal clarity. Just make sure you have a decent amount of mana left after aura reservation (around 200 is plenty, the more the better ofc)

https://i.imgur.com/rjIgVxf.png This section on the right with the mana flask and AS because I went left into scion instead of through ranger. But I believe I will be right at 200 with 1k mana so I SHOULD be ok, as much as i'd like 300+.

"
3. I think if you are very experienced with the game/mapping in general, this build is maybe a bit overkill in terms of defenses. Its much "cheaper" to get your defenses from flasks. Rumi, Vinktars High ES + careful playstyle is enough for most cases. It is just harder to keep those flasks up, and if you mess up, you will likely die. If you're a good player you will never mess up, but if you are doing alot of mistakes/being sloppy like me during playing, it's better to have a bit more defenses on your side.

Aha, To be honest, what enticed me was it being A. Exactly what I'm looking for concept-wise and also I like building to play "sloppy" and being able to simply ignore mechanics and content, because that also scales with skill / effort im willing to put in lmfao. If you can go full derp and still live then actually trying would be a multiples easier. All in all, your idea/playstyle and mentality really fits mine XD And your responses are 10/10 :).

"
Imo the "best" way to play a phys/chaos wander right now is as CI pathfinder. You can do a similar tree like matrix factor has:

For auras you can go Discipline and two herald you like.
And adjust other gems to phys/chaos. Pathfinder makes it so you always poison on hit while using a flask which is incredibly strong. You will also move really fast with flask effect quicksilver. Rumi will give you maxblock, which should be up 100% of time. Taste of hate is some dps and nice phys mitigation. Vinktars will make your sustain easy and make you reflect immune. The bit of phys leech from CoE will let you sustain mana if you happen to run out of flasks. All your flasks have surgeons which is also great. Honestly I think it might be the strongest wander overall, if you have the money to get a good wand, a nice 6L vaal regalia and a nice shield, and other ES gear to cap resist/getES/accuracy etc.

Matrixfactor has a nice guide but i think he underestimates the effect of going 100% pierce and using frostwall with echo. I guess you have seen how much power it it does. His build is mostly elemental, but its easy to change into phys/chaos. Its also alot stronger to do that.

Oh, you're telling me people don't think Pierce + Frostwall is on par with Cast on Death + Summon spectre to res yourself in Hardcore before it was patched long ago? Weird..
Well yea, that combo perfect and beautiful, I remember using it with KB on CoC for keks. So gorgeous. So many damage, so many deaths to reflect. So worth.

Yea I see how powerful that could be as a ranger. It is definitely much more.. "active" as well aha. Which is just a little off putting for me. Probably bit more efficient but not autopilot-y. I might mess with the idea and some of the tree and see what the conversion looks like to me. esp as phys chaos.

I'll make sure to update as well with gear and some thoughts midway around 70. thanks again ^~^! Hopefully I can mess around with some of your other ideas if you post more builds or have anything in your head. that shit is my favorite :D

And also, FORUMS PLS, yea ok xD will do i didnt know how to fix that.
Last edited by Kerotonin on Jun 22, 2016, 11:29:21 PM
Little update about gear :
Spoiler

im now at 7k ES with 95k dps on tooltip (fully charged). going for better wand to see the damage boost. i still need to take a power charge though for lvl 95 ^^

Currently using a different version for auras :
life : wrath + anger + grace
mana : discipline + herald of thunder + herald of frost + purity of elements

with both heralds linked for curse. i have 167mana left thats not a lot but still playable would aim for 250+ to be good in maps like 60% less regen
Just respecced my earthquake champion to this build because I have chanced the skyforth on standard. I would say this is the strongest build (dps-wise and tankiness) i've tried up to date. A bit similar gear to @Klezdaoufz atm but havent min-maxing the jewelleries yet. One question i have is at what point a decent rare wand would out dps piscator? Currently dont have enough currencies to spend on ~3 exalt wand.
"

https://i.imgur.com/rjIgVxf.png This section on the right with the mana flask and AS because I went left into scion instead of through ranger. But I believe I will be right at 200 with 1k mana so I SHOULD be ok, as much as i'd like 300+.

Ah, this section. Well it works without it of course. They are basicly travel nodes. The increased flask charges gained however is not to be underestimated, its very nice for keeping flasks up.

"

Yea I see how powerful that could be as a ranger. It is definitely much more.. "active" as well aha. Which is just a little off putting for me. Probably bit more efficient but not autopilot-y. I might mess with the idea and some of the tree and see what the conversion looks like to me. esp as phys chaos.

I'll make sure to update as well with gear and some thoughts midway around 70. thanks again ^~^! Hopefully I can mess around with some of your other ideas if you post more builds or have anything in your head. that shit is my favorite :D

And also, FORUMS PLS, yea ok xD will do i didnt know how to fix that.

Of course other classes work well as a wander too. Mathil is doing an Occultist Witch at the moment which looks just as fine. But getting nice dps is not hard, its about the defenses and other than ES and some block he barely has any (once more :D). Which is fine if youre a good player, but not that great if you are not as experienced.

Feel free to post your gear and experiences here later if you want :D I'm always interested to see how other people fare with my build.

I'm hesitating whether I should post another build guide. Currently I'm playing a poison-type Berserker which is a bit weird but again fairly tanky, high dps and high clearspeed. We'll see :D Also gonna post my lootfilter at one point.

"
Klezdaoufz wrote:
Little update about gear :
Spoiler

im now at 7k ES with 95k dps on tooltip (fully charged). going for better wand to see the damage boost. i still need to take a power charge though for lvl 95 ^^

Currently using a different version for auras :
life : wrath + anger + grace
mana : discipline + herald of thunder + herald of frost + purity of elements

with both heralds linked for curse. i have 167mana left thats not a lot but still playable would aim for 250+ to be good in maps like 60% less regen

That is some sweet gear :D And wow, you have reached lvl 94 already !! Its a good idea to use Purity of Elements in cases where you find it hard to cap resists otherwise. There is plenty of room for auras in this build, so why not :D

For more dps, you can start looking for a high dps, high aps wand.
If you want to get higher ES, I suggest to upgrade your rings and the helmet. While vertex is good as a cheap option, eventually you will want a 400+ES hubris. Same for your rings, eventually you'll want one with an open prefix to craft %ES. And if you can cap resist without purityofelements, I suggest you try out adding haste to you auras. The movespeed is quite nice and at a certain point, movespeed is the only limiting factor in your clearspeed.

But overall you have reached very end-game gear, congrats :D

"
Just respecced my earthquake champion to this build because I have chanced the skyforth on standard. I would say this is the strongest build (dps-wise and tankiness) i've tried up to date. A bit similar gear to @Klezdaoufz atm but havent min-maxing the jewelleries yet. One question i have is at what point a decent rare wand would out dps piscator? Currently dont have enough currencies to spend on ~3 exalt wand.

Wow, grats on chancing them :D

I think an imbued wand with 10+crit, 1.6+ attack speed, and a bit of damage on it will outperform piscators at one point. We're looking at something like 170+ total dps from the wand. Its hard to find something cheap on standard, but you can try this: http://poe.trade/search/sitedonabaruih. Unless you find a cheap deal, its better to go with piscators first. You can also try out obliteration and see how it feels to you, also only costs 1 alc.
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
Last edited by cmphx on Jun 26, 2016, 1:49:09 AM
Aloha! First of all, thanks for the guide.

I want to start this build but I have no idea how to level it.

Can someone recommend something effective pls? Tabula Rasa etc. is available of course.

Thanks!

And another question: How does this build perform in uber lab with traps and stuff?
Last edited by Diggleer on Jun 26, 2016, 2:46:51 PM
"
Diggleer wrote:
Aloha! First of all, thanks for the guide.

I want to start this build but I have no idea how to level it.

Can someone recommend something effective pls? Tabula Rasa etc. is available of course.

Thanks!

You can check out the last two pages of this thread, a few people left notes how they leveled it. You basicly have two options:

1. Go 2H melee earthquake full yolo and spend 100 regrets once you reach merc dried lake

2. level as bow/tshot and switch to wands as soon as you reach the wand crit nodes. You can either go life based and respec a few points later, or go ES right away. The crown of thorns and its upgrade will help alot. I also posted a super budget gear option in the first post where you can see some easy to get items.

"
Diggleer wrote:

And another question: How does this build perform in uber lab with traps and stuff?

Just like any other ES build would. With a quicksilver and Haste you run very fast, so its easy to dodge traps. With frostwall+KB single target is great so Izaro fights are over quickly
Thank you very much for your quick answer.

I guess it will be tornado shot then, which will definitely be a lot of fun :-/

Grinded so long for the Shav's, but no motivation to start the char...
One last question before i dive into leveling.

How would the Physical/chaos COE Tree ideally look at ~ lvl 80?

Thanks!
"
Diggleer wrote:
One last question before i dive into leveling.

How would the Physical/chaos COE Tree ideally look at ~ lvl 80?

Thanks!

Probably like this:

Basicly skip the jewel slots, extra power charge and some crit. you can skip some ES nodes if you have good gear
I have a 4k ES lvl 75 champion. My gear is pretty crap and just got whatever I had in my stash. Maybe maybe my wand is ok? I probably made the switch to this layout too early lol. I only have the 4 ascendant points for perma-fortify.

I am struggling with Merciless Izaro. My single target damage feels pretty crappy. I tried a frost wall + totem setup, but it didn't seem to do much (it would target the green skeletons or Izaro would walk past the walls very fast due to his buffs).

Maybe like two minutes into the fight, I only did 5% of his hp in damage (if I'm lucky). Not sure if I can outlast him if he has the right buffs (charges, statues, etc). Do I just need to be patient with the fight? Or concede that certain Izaro buffs make him very difficult? Or is my gear subpar? Not sure what else I can do other than fully linking a lightning warp to less duration and faster casting to help keep my distance.

My gear is below.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info