[2.4]Cheap, Tanky, Reflect Immune ! Low Life Kinetic Blast Champion 110k+ dps 8k+ ES 18k eva!

Just one random thing i noticed; use none legacy prism guardian (gives +2 to aura gems instead of only +1).
"
ellsworth81 wrote:
I have a 4k ES lvl 75 champion. My gear is pretty crap and just got whatever I had in my stash. Maybe maybe my wand is ok? I probably made the switch to this layout too early lol. I only have the 4 ascendant points for perma-fortify.

I am struggling with Merciless Izaro. My single target damage feels pretty crappy. I tried a frost wall + totem setup, but it didn't seem to do much (it would target the green skeletons or Izaro would walk past the walls very fast due to his buffs).

Maybe like two minutes into the fight, I only did 5% of his hp in damage (if I'm lucky). Not sure if I can outlast him if he has the right buffs (charges, statues, etc). Do I just need to be patient with the fight? Or concede that certain Izaro buffs make him very difficult? Or is my gear subpar? Not sure what else I can do other than fully linking a lightning warp to less duration and faster casting to help keep my distance.

Hey ! Lvl 75 might indeed be a bit too aerly to spec into this, especially if you can only reach 4K es. Can you also post your tree ?

You should check again my gem setup and what i wrote about it. It is better to use Frost wall with spell echo and self cast it. Make sure you have 100% pierce chance and you cast the wall right before or behind the boss you are trying to kill, then he should die pretty fast. What is your tooltip dps with all auras?

You should use flame dash to keep distance. Your gear is okay, but reaching higher ES should be your main goal (i.e. more ES on helmet, glove, boots). If you cant get it, it might be best for you to buy a lab carry and move on from there. The "first to strike, last to fall" is the most important ascendancy node that you still miss.

And as 0llowain noted, you have an old shield. You can use a divine orb to get +2 to aura gems on the shield. Also your anger/wrath are fairly low level, yet they are responsible for most of your damage so getting them to higher levels before you do lab will help.

Generally speaking it is often better to do merc lab once you are lvl 80+ its alot smoother and easier then I have found. Hope that helps.
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
Hi cmphx, I'm really enjoying this build thank you very much.

I've just survived two incidents in the same T10 map, with a Vulnerability mod, where I expected to die. One was a mental Beyond pack that ended up dropping two T11 maps, and the other was a huge pack of bearer explosions I couldn't manage to avoid. So, very impressed by the tankiness and clear speed is impressive too.

I have one question regarding the stats in your guide. The crit multi you displayed is 445%. Was this when you were using Increased Critical Damage in your set up? If so, do you know what your crit multi was without ICD? I currently only have 260% and doubt I'll be able to get a great deal more.
Also another question please!

With regards to the wand in the elemental version of the build, how big is the difference between:

1) pure elemental damage mods
2) pure physical damage mods
3) a mix of both physical and elemental damage mods?

I'm looking to upgrade my wand and trying to determine what's the best deal.

Thanks,
Doom.
"
DoomLegion wrote:
Hi cmphx, I'm really enjoying this build thank you very much.

I've just survived two incidents in the same T10 map, with a Vulnerability mod, where I expected to die. One was a mental Beyond pack that ended up dropping two T11 maps, and the other was a huge pack of bearer explosions I couldn't manage to avoid. So, very impressed by the tankiness and clear speed is impressive too.

I have one question regarding the stats in your guide. The crit multi you displayed is 445%. Was this when you were using Increased Critical Damage in your set up? If so, do you know what your crit multi was without ICD? I currently only have 260% and doubt I'll be able to get a great deal more.

Hey ! I'm glad you like the build. Yep, its pretty tanky, but bearers still could kill you so I would still recommend dodging it :p

yeah, I used a ICD gem in the picture, it was 19/20 I believe so my multi without it would be 445-117=328. The picture was taken without the use of a pierce gem. So while I have less multi without the ICD gem, the pierce gem gives 29% more damage, which just about compansates the damage loss anyways (4.45/3.28=1.35) so dont be worried. I dont know why you only have 260, can you post your gear and tree maybe? 300 should be reachable for anyone.

Sources of crit multi can be:
- a jewel
- tree
- amulet with crit multi on it
- wand with crit multi on it
Thats basicly it, the tree is the best and easiest source of multi next to jewels+amulet.

"
DoomLegion wrote:
Also another question please!

With regards to the wand in the elemental version of the build, how big is the difference between:

1) pure elemental damage mods
2) pure physical damage mods
3) a mix of both physical and elemental damage mods?

I'm looking to upgrade my wand and trying to determine what's the best deal.

Thanks,
Doom.

You determine the usefulness of a wand for this build the following way:

1. attack speed > 2. crit chance > 3. elemental damage > 4. physical damage

Therefore getting an imbued wand with 1.6 or higher aps, 10% or higher crit chance already is very good.

Then you go with whatever you can in terms of damage on it. The more, the better, so get one with the highest "total dps" (i.e. elemental and physical added together) on it, where you slightly weight elemental damage higher, since you have better elemental scaling.

Cold damage has the most use (helps shattering for herald of ice). Lightning damage is also nice (helps shock) and physical damage has the advantage of barely being resisted and help leech vs elemental reflect. Also you get 30% of physical added as lightning through the notable "tempest blast" in the wand nodes, so getting physical damage also nets you a bit of lightning damage. Fire damage is fine too, but the burn does almost nothing.
Thanks for the detailed answers, it clarifies pretty much what I was thinking.

So, aside from the attack speed and crit chance requirements, would you say total DPS on the wand outweighs the preference of elemental damage over physical?

I'm currently level 89 and despite my desire to play with the tree, I've actually followed yours exactly as I see nothing I'd like to change :)

I just have the last couple of pierce nodes to take, and then maybe look at getting a jewel socket to improve crit multi and ES.

I currently only have 17% crit multi on my gear from my amulet, but I need to upgrade this and as you say I'll try and get some on my wand when I upgrade this also.

Thanks for your help.
My current gear
Spoiler

i have 6k es and 16k dps with auras in my hideout

i feel my dps is sucks at the moment

any feedback is appreciate :D

and thanks for the great build

i really enjoy it
Last edited by AirSuckit on Jul 2, 2016, 9:26:58 AM
"
AirSuckit wrote:
My current gear
Spoiler

i really enjoy it

Hey there thanks for your post ! I'm glad you like the build :D

Congrats on your gear man, its very good already and from what I see is that you have great understanding how to make it work. I especially like your wand :D

I honestly dont know how you only have 16k dps with that gear. Is that with all auras on ?

Your auras are okay, could need more levels which will add some damage, but overall its fine. You should try to get quality on all your KB links, it really adds alot.

And from what i can see in your profile, you still have to take pierce nodes in the tree (i HIGHLY recommend it, you will love it vs bosses !!) So go there asap. You also have 3 useless life nodes still (Bravery at duelist start) which you should spec out of.
Also "Influence" will give you alot of dps.

Other than that, everything seems fine. For higher ES you can later buy a good hubris helmet with high ES, boots with higher ES and craft %ES on your rings eventually, but 6k should be fine for just about everything.

I hope that helps, again I am glad you enjoy it :D gl
Last edited by cmphx on Jul 2, 2016, 11:13:19 AM
So today I was doing a bit of fucking around with math and im noticing something for our build.

I rolled a highroll 60-115 chaos and 10% AS on my wand. Not hard, just need like.... idk <100 transmutes... maybe im lucky.

Im thinking of just multimodding it for
Imbued
`60-115chaos
`CRAFTED79% Phys
`CRAFTED 13-20 phyt flat // 44 Spell%
`Multimod
`CRAFTED Crit 27%
`10% AS (1.65APS)

The stats would give that wand 300+ DPS with a 2-3 ex investment total. So I'm crafting it out probably, not sure if I'll do spell% or flat phys.

But, this let me sell my wand for 15ex and have a lot of fun crafting a wand worth more :P
Last edited by Kerotonin on Jul 2, 2016, 4:00:57 PM
"
cmphx wrote:
"
AirSuckit wrote:
My current gear
Spoiler

i really enjoy it

Hey there thanks for your post ! I'm glad you like the build :D

Congrats on your gear man, its very good already and from what I see is that you have great understanding how to make it work. I especially like your wand :D

I honestly dont know how you only have 16k dps with that gear. Is that with all auras on ?

Your auras are okay, could need more levels which will add some damage, but overall its fine. You should try to get quality on all your KB links, it really adds alot.

And from what i can see in your profile, you still have to take pierce nodes in the tree (i HIGHLY recommend it, you will love it vs bosses !!) So go there asap. You also have 3 useless life nodes still (Bravery at duelist start) which you should spec out of.
Also "Influence" will give you alot of dps.

Other than that, everything seems fine. For higher ES you can later buy a good hubris helmet with high ES, boots with higher ES and craft %ES on your rings eventually, but 6k should be fine for just about everything.

I hope that helps, again I am glad you enjoy it :D gl

thanks for your answer !!

i didn't notice that life nodes still exist

i'll take pierce node asap
Last edited by AirSuckit on Jul 2, 2016, 9:33:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info