[2.4]Cheap, Tanky, Reflect Immune ! Low Life Kinetic Blast Champion 110k+ dps 8k+ ES 18k eva!

"
Klezdaoufz wrote:
Hey there

I'm currently trying out this build in prophecy league !
I lvled it up as 1st character, TERRIBLE IDEA, get something before you can afford shav or some good ES gear (with 1 aura on life : discipline)

The main issue i see at the moment is stun immunity, for me you HAVE to get eye of chayula or you'll die by beeing stun locked on some random shit

Hey ! Thank you very much for posting your experiences and your gear here, i appreciate it. I warned about using this as a first character in several posts, if youre not a good trader and cant afford shav its not a good build to start. But you seemed to have made it anyways so congrats to you.

I disagree about the stuns. It was never an issue for me except for special boss fights like crematorium or T15 Kaom. It depends on your playstyle though. If you're careful with where you're running into, you can go well without it. At least I managed to level to 95 with this build and only had to use chayula in very special occasions.

"
Klezdaoufz wrote:

sitting at 25k dps in GMP in H/O, its really enough to clear maps really fast. Best thing is doing low costs maps like undergound river / necropolis because you want walls to boost your explosions. Im currently trading maps like gorge or plateau because its not very optimal for us.

Yeah your DPS should be fine at this point for any yellow map. You're right about indoor maps, tiny spaces usually have a good effect on the explosions you get, but it's not like this character sucks at clearing gorges. With 100% pierce chance you have very good aoe in general. You didnt post your tree, your flasks or your jewels, but I hope you picked up the pierce nodes, they are really important !

"
Klezdaoufz wrote:

Current gear is here :
Spoiler

its a really low cost gear atm almost all self dropped. would like to get 6L shavs asap tu a huge dps boost ans prolly going straigh for skyforths because they solve all the problems of the build (generating power charges - stun - mana reserve)

Any feedback is appreciated about gear / setup im using

post : a good thing about the build is that you can swap some auras for resists as i am doing right now, its more easy to stuff

Your gear is really good already, good job! I agree that skyforths is very handy, as for any kind of crit LL/CI build. However it is not totally mandatory. If you can afford it, sure, go for it, but its not like this build sucks without it.

What do you feel like you need the most?
more damage => try to get a good wand. Imbued with 10+crit and 1.6 aps and some form of elemental or physical damage on it.

more defense => get higher ES gear. This can get expensive real quick, but its worth it if you want to push further. 350-400ES on the helmet and 200-230 on the gloves will give you a good boost, same once you get rings with crafted %ES on it. An amulet other than chayula can give you both defense and offense (crit multi+ %ES ) if you can give up the immunity to stuns.

Quality on your gems will give a bit of improvement aswell.

And true, with so many Auras you can swap out one or two and use Purity of elements/some other defensive aura which can fill out resists until you get better gear. thats for sure a plus early on.

Thanks again for posting and keep us updated about your progress

cheers
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625

I bought this one for 15c its really great but bypassing stun immunity is pretty hard. In prophecy you find a lot of exiles so you can die very quick by beeing chain stun

And for the wand the damage increase is really important with a 300dps+ wand with almost same attack speed and crit ?

my current flasks are very defensive, thinking of rumi's and a granite for 100% uptime on armor. trying some differents build

For the tree i have the exact same one as you. I tried to Theory craft it for optimal paths but i have to admit its really great and well optimized. You need EVERYTHING on it well done :)
Last edited by Klezdaoufz on Jun 10, 2016, 1:22:28 PM
Alright, im playing another build this league so i have no idea how this performs with no stun immunity now. It was not an issue at all in perandus.

your flasks are fine. If you are far away from crit cap (less than 80% with all charges) a diamond flask can help. Otherwise very good flasks. You can swap the amethyst for a silver flask if you like.

the wand i used in my gear post gave me almost double dps than the piscators iirc. Its good to start, but endgame you want a good dps wand with high attackspeed. 10+crit and 1.6 or higher apps is what you want too look for, it should give you more deeps.

You can also try out obliteration wand. it might seem like a subpar choice but the explosions are really op imo. I am using it on a different, new wander build I made and im having a lot of fun
Last edited by cmphx on Jun 10, 2016, 2:13:32 PM
guys if you feel like you need something more against stuns I have the following suggestions for you :

1. get this new unique flask: Kiara's Determination

This is an amazing flask! It has low duration, but with flask nodes and maybe a belt that gives "increased flask effect duration" it should work fine !

2. the stun avoidance enchant on boots is very good aswell

cheers
Can you make a skill tree based on Lv. ?
Ex: Lv 35 Skill tree
Lv 45 SKill tree
Would be a huge help. Thanks
"
d0nalex wrote:
Can you make a skill tree based on Lv. ?
Ex: Lv 35 Skill tree
Lv 45 SKill tree
Would be a huge help. Thanks

Since I did not level this character but rather respeced a melee duelist i cant really say what will work for leveling. Its best if you ask the guys here from the thread, like Xerofite or Klezdaoufz if they have suggestions/help for you since they actually leveled this character in a fresh league.

cheers and good luck
I lvled up with tornado shot its really great, big range nice dps mono/pack
Cruel was a problem though ^^ you have no hp pool, this is why i recommand to not start with this build in a new league.

When around 60 go for stuff with ES you'll have around 4k+ ES get discipline on your life and decent chaos resist and you'll be fine to farm shav

For the skill tree, there is noway its gonna be easy to take nods and respec without using some regrets
i would do something like this :
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQDAADuFSAZtCLiI9Mj9ipNLOktg0fiTP9NkmqTa9RvJ3XLe9R9dYSUiXGNfY9gmmqbLaOKpDmn1KrNu-O-p8KOxKLTftZY6mLsXO4O73r2o_ih_rr-yA==

You can go to the scion node if you feel lacking of HP pool, it depends a lot on you, but you'll have to invest more points into respec.

Update : i just got skyforth in prophecy and its totally crazy how it boost the build, Currently at 6600 ES with garbage stuff, 68K dps full charges with piscator and 5L. This build is insanly good and the clear speed is very very great
"
Klezdaoufz wrote:
Update : i just got skyforth in prophecy and its totally crazy how it boost the build, Currently at 6600 ES with garbage stuff, 68K dps full charges with piscator and 5L. This build is insanly good and the clear speed is very very great

awesome ! Can you post your gear maybe ? :D

Also i recomend you try out Obliteration wand just for fun. Its a 1alc item, has low dps but the explosions add nice AoE clear I like it alot actually
Hey ^~^ Awesome build man! I was getting so into building a KB and glad I found this.

I always had issues with getting tanky on KB and not dying to reflect, not damage aha. Great idea!

In reference to the Phys/Chaos version---

So one thing i did was mess with the tree optimization and I would really love your opinion. A thought was that if I get enlighten, I can run BM + Disc + Herald + enlighten 2 and put Frenzy on Frenzy + GMP CoH + Sin's mark

this is what I changed it to

DPS Version with Frenzy charge +
http://www.poeplanner.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

New aura setup thats the auras with 16%
https://poe.mikelat.com/#84MESo/9b.qNh/V6bk.cc

Wand - Vaal Haste + Vaal Clarity + Inc Dura
Shield- Ice Wall + Spell Echo + (or spell totem + FC IW)
Chest- KB + GMP + Pierce + Slower Proj + Added Chaos + ??? (Crit Multi)
Helm- Wrath + Grace + Flame Dash + Ice Golem
Gloves-Frenzy + GMP + CoH + Sin mark
Boots- Blood Magic + Enlighten + Discipline + Herald

I figured with that enlighten the extra 4% mana res was unneeded and it was worth giving up to make points. giving up that whole side. I couldn't think of anything else that would make this better or break the build in some way.

However, I also realize this is slightly more restrictive, so--
A slightly tankier version closer to what you have, with the open possibility for energy from within. If I ever feel like i could lose a little ES for the ES+EVA+res section its also open possibility.

http://www.poeplanner.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

This one I feel is probably what I'll do, and it has a lot more EVA %.

Would really love your opinion ^~^

So my biggest questions are

-Do you think non autocurse for PC will make me want to shoot myself?

-Do you think I'm screwing myself over without mana at the bottom of the tree? Mana gating is aweful. I could somewhat mitigate this with a highroll Prophecy wand for a bit. One that is ~250 pdps

One other question is, If you WEREN'T going to go Champion, what would you use to get tanky? Say on a Scion for example? I have some other build ideas that revolve around something similar and I could also fit Determination into the same aura setup possibly.

Last edited by Kerotonin on Jun 22, 2016, 1:54:20 PM
"
Hey ^~^ Awesome build man! I was getting so into building a KB and glad I found this.

I always had issues with getting tanky on KB and not dying to reflect, not damage aha. Great idea!

Hey ! Great you like it ! You understood exactly what my main idea for this build was.

"

In reference to the Phys/Chaos version---

So one thing i did was mess with the tree optimization and I would really love your opinion. A thought was that if I get enlighten, I can run BM + Disc + Herald + enlighten 2 and put Frenzy on Frenzy + GMP CoH + Sin's mark

this is what I changed it to

DPS Version with Frenzy charge +

New aura setup thats the auras with 16%
https://poe.mikelat.com/#84MESo/9b.qNh/V6bk.cc

Wand - Vaal Haste + Vaal Clarity + Inc Dura
Shield- Ice Wall + Spell Echo + (or spell totem + FC IW)
Chest- KB + GMP + Pierce + Slower Proj + Added Chaos + ??? (Crit Multi)
Helm- Wrath + Grace + Flame Dash + Ice Golem
Gloves-Frenzy + GMP + CoH + Sin mark
Boots- Blood Magic + Enlighten + Discipline + Herald

I figured with that enlighten the extra 4% mana res was unneeded and it was worth giving up to make points. giving up that whole side. I couldn't think of anything else that would make this better or break the build in some way.

However, I also realize this is slightly more restrictive, so--
A slightly tankier version closer to what you have, with the open possibility for energy from within. If I ever feel like i could lose a little ES for the ES+EVA+res section its also open possibility.

This one I feel is probably what I'll do, and it has a lot more EVA %.

Would really love your opinion ^~^

Nice ideas ! I like you approach of going the route vaal pact -> then go right. At first glance it looks a bit more efficient, especially with the eva/ES hybrid nodes. I'll have to compare it in more detail before i can say more about it. However I feel like grace+champion nodes already give you "too much" evasion. Once you reach 15k or higher levels, you dont feel any difference, at least I dont, between 15k and 50k. So if you want more tankyness, going for higher total ES is the way. Grace+Frist to strike, last to fall is the most efficient way of getting high evasion, and any more nodes into it will feel wasted.

Keep in mind that your build has 121 points planned. What would you leave out for a ~lvl 90 character? Leveling past 92 has been made ALOT harder than it was in perandus, so a 113 point tree will be more realistic at first.

You made a good observation about the aura reservation. There is alot of room for optimization here and you alraedy figured out something. Honestly I havent figured out yet what the best aura setup is for phys/chaos. You dont need any damage aura tbh, I used wrath because it gives dmg and I had room for it, but its not needed actually.

"

So my biggest questions are

-Do you think non autocurse for PC will make me want to shoot myself?

-Do you think I'm screwing myself over without mana at the bottom of the tree? Mana gating is aweful. I could somewhat mitigate this with a highroll Prophecy wand for a bit. One that is ~250 pdps

One other question is, If you WEREN'T going to go Champion, what would you use to get tanky? Say on a Scion for example? I have some other build ideas that revolve around something similar and I could also fit Determination into the same aura setup possibly.

1. Yes. Dont do that lol. It will slow you down considerably if you have to manually curse and use frenzy to keep up both your charges. Herald of ice auto curse is just too nice to pass by. As you said, as a wander usually damage is not a problem, same for this build. Especially the phys/chaos version has NO issue with damage EVER. Like you see in my videos, tempchain, enfeeble, monster life T15 maps are not a problem. The damage is just right. Single target is never an issue thanks to frost wall.
Skyforth is the best choice for power charges. Sadly its super expensive. A pcoc gem works too, but as soon as you use it, people shout at you and despise you for being so "inefficient" xD

2. what do you mean with mana on the bottom of the tree? I dont understand it. Mana should be fine, you have the duelist leech and for spamming you can just use vaal clarity. Just make sure you have a decent amount of mana left after aura reservation (around 200 is plenty, the more the better ofc)

3. I think if you are very experienced with the game/mapping in general, this build is maybe a bit overkill in terms of defenses. Its much "cheaper" to get your defenses from flasks. Rumi, Vinktars High ES + careful playstyle is enough for most cases. It is just harder to keep those flasks up, and if you mess up, you will likely die. If you're a good player you will never mess up, but if you are doing alot of mistakes/being sloppy like me during playing, its better to have a bit more defenses on your side.

Imo the "best" way to play a phys/chaos wander right now is as CI pathfinder. You can do a similar tree like matrix factor has:
For auras you can go Discipline and two herald you like.
And adjust other gems to phys/chaos. Pathfinder makes it so you always poison on hit while using a flask which is incredibly strong. You will also move really fast with flask effect quicksilver. Rumi will give you maxblock, which should be up 100% of time. Taste of hate is some dps and nice phys mitigation. Vinktars will make your sustain easy and make you reflect immune. The bit of phys leech from CoE will let you sustain mana if you happen to run out of flasks. All your flasks have surgeons which is also great. Honestly I think it might be the strongest wander overall, if you have the money to get a good wand, a nice 6L vaal regalia and a nice shield, and other ES gear to cap resist/getES/accuracy etc.

Matrixfactor has a nice guide but i think he underestimats the effect of going 100% pierce and using frostwall with echo. I guess you have seen how much power it it does. His build is mostly elemental, but its easy to change into phys/chaos. Its also alot stronger to do that.

I hope that helps, feel free to post follow up questions, the gear of your character or other things you want to show/discuss

Edit: oh and please put long links into spoilers :D it messes up forum post width
Last edited by cmphx on Jun 22, 2016, 3:39:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info