[2.2] Low Life Tri-Curse Poison Essence Drain Occultist - Uber Viable, 10k+ ES, 40k+ DoT dps

tried to make a newbie budget version lol. Apeps rage. and a prismatic shield for blood magic auras. ended up with a pathetic 4k DoT dps. Damn this game it's grindy expensive required items :(
Last edited by Fraktal_ on Jun 3, 2016, 5:16:00 PM
What order do you take Ascendancies in? Rolled this for the new Prophecy League.
Will be updated or not?

Continuous with this ?
I'm playing this in Prophecy, only 72 so far.

Have 2.5k life and 4.5k ES, obviously not got to the LL stage yet, but it's pretty fun up to this point. The play style is quite unique and my only gripe is that I regularly play with a mate and it can feel unsatisfying in group play because it seems like all of his explosive loud flashy abilities are doing all the killing and not my little purple snot ball.

My current ED dot is just under 7k per second, with 2k tooltip dps.

Solo I kill things at a pretty comfortable pace - contagion + essence drain, run to next room. I have a wither totem for bosses but I haven't got a consuming dark yet so my single target dmg still isn't too great.

One other gripe now that I think about it - The cast speed for ED is uncomfortably low, but I don't think getting cast speed on jewelery is really going to help it much.

I'm running a 4L with ED-pierce-void manip-rapid decay.

I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes. I put a lot of thought into choosing a character this league as I've wanted to make a flicker strike character for a long time now, but I thought this one would do better in red maps, which is my goal for this league (be better at clicking on things etc).

I don't think the (at prices when I looked before I logged off last night) 10 exalt price to set this up (shavs + doedre's) is unreasonable. Unfortunately I'm not going to be at home this coming weekend so it's going to take me a couple of weeks to set up instead of the one I was originally hoping.

I'd love to hear from other people playing it this league.
I'm finding my survivability is reeeeally low with this build so far. Resists capped, about 2.2khp and 1.2k ES, lvl 68 just farming Dried Lake. I have +HP on a bunch of my gear, but the nothing's really getting scaled on the tree.

I've never played an ES based build before, what do you guys do before you get to a Shav's?
If you've followed the suggested leveling tree then you should have a bunch of ES nodes. If you've only got 1.2k ES then your ES on gear must be quite low.

At 68 you should have a few chaos - I got to 2.5k life and 4.5k ES on about 8 chaos on Sunday, things should be even cheaper now.
I'm currently taking a break from poe to play overwatch, that's why I haven't gotten around to update the guide. I will probably test some stuff with this build in standard and then update for 2.3. The tree hasn't changed much so no changes there. The most interesting part are of course the two additional ascendancy points. Without testing I would say you should go for the additional curse if you don't have a +1 curse amulet otherwise vile bastion seems like the obvious choice.

Regarding the question if the pierce nodes are worth it: they are, 100% pierce is great qol. I just haven't decided which points to drop yet.
Just wanted to say thx for the Guide.
Used it in 2.3 and managed to faceroll endgame lab with it =)
IGN: Darkrox (not my main, just for easy contact)
~ Yes i'm the Darkrox from Runes of Magic - World's #1 Guild Pravum 2009 - 2011 ~
Great build. I'm about to enter maps and I'm having a great time. My profile is public if anybody cares to look.

I plan on picking up Malediction in the Ascendancy tree once I get Heretic's Veil and beat Uber lab. I'll drop it for Vile Bastion once I get a +1 curse Chayula.

Only tree change in 2.3 was Arcane Vision which is a no-brainer for me for just 1 point. I grabbed it immediately once I got Shav's.

I'm also going to drop both of the 3-point jewel sockets behind mana nodes to get the pierce chance on the tree. I don't like buying/rolling jewels anyways.
Last edited by Nickoladze on Jun 16, 2016, 11:45:50 AM
Anyone still running this in Prophecy? I'm 85 with 11k ES and CI, feels pretty strong, but the clear speed is pretty lackluster without leveled gems. Considering building an Uberlab/Atziri farmer in the meantime, since the Heretic's Veil and Shavs just seem plain out of reach this league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info