[2.2] Low Life Tri-Curse Poison Essence Drain Occultist - Uber Viable, 10k+ ES, 40k+ DoT dps

"
tsunny wrote:
"
ViciousGhost wrote:
"
tsunny wrote:
What are some budget options to run until I can acquire shavs and heretic veil?

i literally ran tabula rasa until shav. went lowlife once i got it.

before heretic i used this:

I see.

So I will just pick up life nodes while leveling, go normal life based ED occultist and then respec when I get shavs?

Also, how close do you have to be for void beacon to apply?

im not playing this build as long as the poster is, so maybe for leveling specifics he will give way more better info, but i did it like this: spending some life nodes like you said, hybrid playstyle (is also mentioned in the guide on frontpage !).

for the void beacon you see a marker on the enemy mobs when it applies. in normal combat with whirling blades and cont+ED spam i was always in the range for not getting hit and void beacon, so no worries there, its a massive dps boost imo
Ok cool.

So I'll try getting my first ascendancy points as soon as I can.
What 2 curses would you run to level with?
I'm only like level 35 atm, but I was thinking maybe enfeeble+vulnerability.
You will be squishy as hell during leveling, that's why I would suggest temp chains and enfeeble for leveling. With good leveling gear you can probably use temp chains and vulnerability.

As for budget gear: I used some random 4L chest with some life and ES until I upgraded to a shavs (I played as hybrid until then). Heretic's Veil is only needed if you want to run Enhance in your blasphemy setup. This isn't really needed until you're doing Uber or hard T12+ map bosses. So until then any old ES helmet will do.

"
klinolol wrote:
You will be squishy as hell during leveling, that's why I would suggest temp chains and enfeeble for leveling. With good leveling gear you can probably use temp chains and vulnerability.

As for budget gear: I used some random 4L chest with some life and ES until I upgraded to a shavs (I played as hybrid until then). Heretic's Veil is only needed if you want to run Enhance in your blasphemy setup. This isn't really needed until you're doing Uber or hard T12+ map bosses. So until then any old ES helmet will do.

I'm using a tabula atm, and ED really blows through the mana. Should I just keep chugging potions and roll with it? I tried poachers mark for a bit, and that seemed to help with flask spamming and the frenzy charges made me a lot faster.
A 6L ED is very hard on mana. Good rings with a mana roll help but you probably won't get around using a mana flask. Once you have a decently sized mana pool (around 1200 mana) you only need the mana pot in -regen maps and for single target spam. Another option (that I don't recommend) is using a prism guardian and running Grace and Clarity on life as well.
Poacher's mark doesn't do anything for mana sustain, the mana and life on hit applies only to attacks, not spells. It's still an option for the frenzy charges and flask charges. I haven't tested it but I doubt it's better than any of the curses this build already uses.
You can also temporarily spec into some mana nodes (the finished tree has 24% increased max mana but you will pick up those nodes relatively late).

edit: I just updated the shield recommendations. Unless you're struggling with capping resists a Rathpith Globe beats most rare shields because of the combination of spell block and spell damage. It's also orders of magnitude cheaper than a 500+ ES shield with a spell damage roll.
Last edited by klinolol on Apr 29, 2016, 6:16:38 AM
Think they fixed Profane Bloom Bug so you can edit :)

Im kinda new to PoE. Never played ED but your build looks pretty solid for me :) . Special that I play only on HC mode... he seems to be tanky.

Anyway want ask you... need some tip/advice how can I avoid or play against DD boss'es.
Last edited by Unk_Particle on May 21, 2016, 1:03:01 PM
With the 2 additional ascendancy points in Prophecy, what would be the best to get? Malediction or Vile Bastion?
What you think about Scion version with Occultist/Deadeye ascendancy?

Will you update this build for Prophecy?
Last edited by Asag on May 22, 2016, 7:07:08 AM
Two Questions:
1.What if i get chance to poison in passive and ditch consuming dark for a better dagger/wand?
or
What if i get pierce chance in passive and ditch pierce support gem and replace it with poison support gem so that i can ditch consuming dark?
or
What if i just simply replace rapid decay with poison and ditch the consuming dark?

Which one is the better choice or i better stick with consuming dark?
*im planning to get rid of the consuming dark because i think that +1 fire gem & chaos conversion mods is useless for ED.

2.Since poison is stacked, does is reliable if i invest in cast speed for ED?or just 1-2 stacks of poison is enough?
Last edited by newuser123456 on May 25, 2016, 2:16:25 AM
Hey! Had to thank you for this awesome build. I'm just lvl 74 with a bad gear but since, rolling over everything in low tier maps.

For now I put the Eldritch Knowledge Unique Cobalt jewel in the slot above the witch starting point, it gives a nice 35% increased chaos damage, not sure if it's really usefull though, haven't done the maths yet.

Looking forward to the third curse and switching low-life !
Customizable Colourblind-proof filter (Updated each league) - http://filterblast.oversoul.xyz/Crymsius/
Last edited by Crymsius on May 29, 2016, 5:20:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info