[2.2] Low Life Tri-Curse Poison Essence Drain Occultist - Uber Viable, 10k+ ES, 40k+ DoT dps

"
SoilnRock wrote:
Hi,

is there any reason why I shouldn't do this build with a 6L-Beast Fur Shawl and going for CI ...?

Has anyone been doing this build in 2.4 - is it guardian/shaper-viable?

Thx for any feedback :-)

Well you miss out on the thing of reserving your life for 2 auras as well as proccing Pain attunement. So you get both defense and Offense for it. And I don't think the Shawl's 40% increased spell damage makes up for the 30% MORE spell damage from pain attunement.

Though I can say I've been using this build and playing CI up until I have gotten myself a shavs so it's not like it doesn't work.
Ah, i see ...

But I just love my 6L-Beast Fur Shawl - 6L-Shav's is kind of expensive :-/

Sitting on 20 % chance to evade and 7800 ES (without Vaal Discipline!) with CI at lvl 79, using Voidbringer Gloves for even more ES recovery. Aiming for Void Barrier notable skill at lvl 82, that should be enough defense for now.

No need for Eye of Chayula so far, using Astramentis to get strentgh requirmeets for the gems.

So far everything so good, just got a little problem with my resitances, having incredible 0/0 Cold/Fire atm ;-)

Should I ever get a 6L-Shav's I will reconsider.

Thx for your info/help!
Last edited by SoilnRock on Oct 22, 2016, 2:23:54 PM
"
SoilnRock wrote:
Ah, i see ...

But I just love my 6L-Beast Fur Shawl - 6L-Shav's is kind of expensive :-/

Sitting on 20 % chance to evade and 7800 ES (without Vaal Discipline!) with CI at lvl 79, using Voidbringer Gloves for even more ES recovery. Aiming for Void Barrier notable skill at lvl 82, that should be enough defense for now.

No need for Eye of Chayula so far, using Astramentis to get strentgh requirmeets for the gems.

So far everything so good, just got a little problem with my resitances, having incredible 0/0 Cold/Fire atm ;-)

Should I ever get a 6L-Shav's I will reconsider.

Thx for your info/help!

As I said, as long as you are going with CI, you can just go with a good ES-chest. Shavs is only the thing you need if you are aiming for the "low-life" part of the build. I farmed with a good rolled 5l Occultist Vestment and CI until I had farmed up my 7-8ex and just bought a normal shavs that I 5l with a Jewller's touch and then went from that.
I wanted to do this build but to many ex needed and I am poor I dont even have 1 lol much less 7-12 ex that this build need. Maybe next league...but it sound like a fun build ♥♥
Last edited by Sahary on Nov 2, 2016, 1:45:53 AM
"
Sahary wrote:
I wanted to do this build but to many ex needed and I am poor I dont even have 1 lol much less 7-12 ex that this build need. Maybe next league...but it sound like a fun build ♥♥

It is a fun build, and as long as you have som patiece for the early game it works good as a league starter. I've used it as my leaguestarter both this league and the last one and it has worked fine. I can't say for Hardcore since I only play softcore, but CI-builds have lasted even there so.
Why do you not bother using the amazing Wither?

It debuffs, added dmg and can be used with a totem for constant rapid cast.
"
DestroyPoE wrote:
Why do you not bother using the amazing Wither?

It debuffs, added dmg and can be used with a totem for constant rapid cast.

I'm pretty sure it says that a Wither totem is included.
Would you recommend getting Chaos Innoc for those who have a life/not rich af and cannot afford Shavs?
Any alternatives to the ridiculously exp Shavs/Heretics Veil?
"
Monstarella wrote:
Would you recommend getting Chaos Innoc for those who have a life/not rich af and cannot afford Shavs?
Any alternatives to the ridiculously exp Shavs/Heretics Veil?

I always aim for CI to start off with until I can farm enough currency to get a shavs. So any high ES chest and helm is good. Heretics veil just improves your curse setup and gives you a bit more mana not being reserved(until you get an enhance gem and you're back to about as much again :P
Any updates for 2.5?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info