[2.2] Low Life Tri-Curse Poison Essence Drain Occultist - Uber Viable, 10k+ ES, 40k+ DoT dps

I have been running this in this league and I am very happy with it. I can understand Gibtuck's feelings about the clearspeed but I am pretty sure this build isn't really made for the blinding clearspeed that other builds have.

I have not yet gotten either Heretic's veil or even consuming dark, trying for a bit of SoloSelfFound but I just orb of chanced into an almost perfect rolled Shavs with 9% spell damage, 200% ES and 35% Lightning res, so I got the low-life part ready at last.
Last edited by kuroneko540 on Jun 23, 2016, 5:26:05 AM
A follow-up on my post, I've started using shavs now and reserving my life away and if anything, the dps increase you get from Pain attunement going online is quite big and helps the clearspeed quite a lot.
Hello,

any chance that you guys know if the 40% essence drain dmg enchant affects the DOT? Or does it only affect the initial hit?

Cheers
Before I get into the feedback regarding this build in particular... I just wanted to post to praise the work you have put into this build Klinolol. As a lesser experienced player I would like for all more experienced players who take the time to compile these build guides to know we appreciate what you do. My first few attempts to make a character on this game were great until I hit merciless and then my builds always fell apart. It was frustrating wanting to get to end game and experience that part of the game but not being able to. I decided to look what other people were doing, found a build, gave it a go and finally made it to end game. So this is me just letting you know that you and people like you have made this game more enjoyable for me and people like me with the work you put into these builds and guides. With that being said here we go.

I've been playing hardcore for the first time this league and I decided to go with this build. I haven't played much this league I am only around 75 and running a slightly different version that is using CI currently (until I get shavs) but I am loving this build. The amount of survivability provided with the dual curse(eventual triple) and ridiculous effective health pool that can be achieved with ES combined with the bonuses you get from the occultist tree makes this one of the strongest builds i've actually played. Not only once you get to higher levels and get more of your key items online but also during the leveling process(cruel+).

Having ran strictly health based builds in the past and this being my first ES build I was a little skeptical as to surviving through the leveling process and actually making it to mapping. I remember thinking, "The majority of my effective health pool is ES, and there is no potions to on demand heal my ES" Now I know about Vaal discipline and it was in fact one of the first gems I actually bought for my character. However, as it turns out, I never had anything to worry about. I chose to focus mainly on the ES+ nodes for more survivability and outside of a couple boss fights (Daresso being one) I never found myself at less than half of my ES pool. I remember thinking as I was passing through merciless A3, a normal health based build at this part of the game would be working with probably around 2500 maybe 3000 health pool as I stare at my EHP of roughly 4500 ES not to mention the 2k+ health on stand by giving me roughly 6500 EHP. More than twice what my normal health builds would yield. I did use POE trade and buy upgrades when I could afford them but I am by no means an expert at collecting or generating currency.

The only thing I would caution new players to this build or ES builds in general is to be cautious of chaos damage. Until you either take the leap and commit to a CI spec or get a shavs online, chaos damage is your only real threat outside of a couple boss fights
Last edited by Marysvillain on Jun 25, 2016, 9:51:47 PM
"
Marysvillain wrote:

The only thing I would caution new players to this build or ES builds in general is to be cautious of chaos damage. Until you either take the leap and commit to a CI spec or get a shavs online, chaos damage is your only real threat outside of a couple boss fights

I must say though that CI is quite good, getting those extra nodes behind it makes your ES-pool ginormous. I ahd a chest piece with around 600ES that gave me well over 10k ES when I didn't have a shavs.
Hey!
Was going to play LL ED and found your build. Good job writing it!
I am running it now and picked up CI for now because I need to farm up some currency for the shavs.
I did Uber Lab just now, with Argus and all with this gear I didnt even spend 30c on.
Spoiler

I found the bino while leveling and I didnt get a better shield, my reists are capped and I have almost 8k ES, so I just use it.
As 4th ascendancy I'm picking up the additional curse(Malediction), removing the need for the GG expensive +1 curse Chayula.
The alternative would have been, as you wrote, Vile Bastion, which would to a certain extent remove the need for the chayula but you would still need a +1 curse somewhere. For cheap you would be looking at swapping out chayula for a doedres damning, freeing up the neck slot and taking the ring slot.
Super endgame, when you went for the +1 chayula, you can probably pick up ascendancy stat nodes for the %ES, if you dont care about the bit regen vile bastion gives.
For some reason Prophecy bored me so Im thinking about building Uber Atziri farmer in standard because I have 6L shavs here (obtained in perandus league). Is this build a good choice for this or its better to look for something else? Anyone farming uber atziri with this?
Uber Lab is definitely doable with this build including all the empowering affects on Izaro. The boss himself is not too tough.

I would hesitate to recommend this as an uber lab farming build though as it doesn't really give you any particular advantage against traps. Those builds with high regen rates and endurance charges can basically ignore traps which allows you to complete labs much faster. This build cannot do that. In fact, I believe the way trap mechanics work taking out a percentage of life+shield, the fact that we have most of our health reserved for auras in order to achieve low life works against us.
Why not get the pierce nodes on the far right to get 100% pierce
"
gm08872 wrote:
Why not get the pierce nodes on the far right to get 100% pierce

This is what I have done - I would highly recommend it. 100% peirce is a huge benefit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info