Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[2.3]Dela's Obliterate Build CHEAP & FAST clears 200% life UPDATED

"
To help with single targets I'm using a four link setup

Spell totem > Faster casting > Inc Duration > Wither

Credit to DamonMorr for finding a budget solution to single target!! Between the totem and frost walls I have had no issue at all. Please share your feedback those that are leveling if you try this out (This is where I really hope it shines!!)

I need to update the guide with this in mind. Very cool!

"
I'm pretty sure this here Obliterate Wander would make a strong contender for 2.2 Best Budget Build, if not just win it out-right.

Wow kind words, thanks. I'm just glad others are enjoying it! Fun to have a fast build on a budget.

"
This build is obscenely fun, great job.

Cheers! If you make any tweaks or find any neat interactions let us know!
Last edited by getinthevan on Apr 8, 2016, 5:22:00 AM
Atziri down! Thanks to wither totem bro!
"
DaTz_ wrote:
i respec'd into occulist and tried dual wield obliteration for 60% chance and tried broken faith aswell.. damage doesnt feel as good or as satisfying as elementalist imo

much appreciated, i would have taken occultist, but now i will stick with elementalist
Very interesting build and the videos do a great job demonstrating the power of the build.

A few questions/suggestions:

Please turn off your loot filter sounds when recording a video.

Can you elaborate on the map bosses that you skip?
E: nevermind.

Great build altogether, just love it when I get to play a build that gets just better when the pack is larger.
Last edited by Reductant on Apr 8, 2016, 12:57:52 PM
Super fun build love blowing things up, but I do need some help, how would I path to acro, and Im using 5 link no snakebites because of lack of resists and lvls.
"
Hmm... Is my frost wall broken? O_o
It does absolutely negligible damage with snakebites and max charges (=poison stacks). I'm still only level 58 on it but I don't suppose the damage will sud

So frost wall isn't there to do damage itself, it is there to use in combination with Kinetic blast. The way kinetic blast works is when it strikes a target explosions go off AROUND the target but not on it. This is why it appears sometimes that KB does poorly on single targets. However, you can pull your target near other mobs or a wall, hit the wall, and now the explosion will hit the target. This is why we use frost wall. In combination with the pierce gem, it allows us to pass through and create many many explosions on the ends of the wall - doing tons of hits that can "shot gun" I really should make a video and showcase this and how to use the wall properly.

"
Please turn off your loot filter sounds when recording a video.

Can you elaborate on the map bosses that you skip?

To be honest that showcase video is quite poor and I had no idea that more than a handful of people would watch it. I should redo the showcase video. I will fix the few times I misspoke and also the loot filter audio. Thanks for the tips, got a lot to improve.

As to the bosses, the toughest ones are the ones that say on them "Resists Chaos" on them. The T10 necro boss, his second phase comes to mind. However, bosses I found difficult were before we brainstormed the solution, wither totem bro. It helps an enormous amount. Again, I need to update the guide!

"
Super fun build love blowing things up, but I do need some help, how would I path to acro, and Im using 5 link no snakebites because of lack of resists and

Sorry at this time I'm away from a computer to link a tree and I'm not sure what level you are but you can skip on the Templar aoe nodes and go straight for acro and the dodges nodes. It should cost you about 4ish points to path there.
Hi again, i'm the guy trying to make your Obliterate build work with crit !

I am now level 68, facerolling tier 6 maps.

What do i play ?

I play Scion dual obliterate wands Kinetic blast with Cast On Crit. Kinetic blast allows me to proc multiple critical hits that result in multiple spells being casted (for no mana) with each auto.

Is it budget ?

2 Obliterate wands + tabula rasa + Romira's banquet. It is cheap. Romira is so good : more crit, more accuracy, more mana leech and it costs 1 chaos.

What links are required ?

6L tabula : KB + CoC + increased crit strikes + added chaos damage + GMP + bladefall
4L : spell totem + wither + increased duration + faster casting (thank you totem friend)
2L : blasphemy + warlord's mark

Each time i fire my wand, either it casts bladefall and oneshot the monster pack or it gives me 1 power charge. This process does repeat until i cast bladefall. Since Obliterate has such a high base crit chance + increased crit strikes + crit chance from passive scion tree (225%), it almost never takes more than 2 hits to get bladefall to pop.

Skill tree

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAADBBx4IZwj0DkgPqw_EEGIRDxFQEZYVuBa_HU8kiyaVKgsqOC0fLag1uTY9Olg7DTt8PV9JE0lRSbFLV0wtTLNQMFJTUq9VS1XGXEBd8l8qX2pfsGHiYqxn_GpDaoxsjG0ZbWxvnnBSdFV1nnX9dwd7bn_GgwmD24RThG-ExYcHhxOHy4nTieCMC4w2j_qTH5MnlSCVLpYylyGXlZf0m7WcpJ2qoqOi2acrp5usmLDYsZC31rjKuXy7TbzqvoDAVMDjwXzB88M6yBTIW8pKzxXQH9DQ18_bWdte3V_mWOyw74jv6-_98NXxs_Vv99f5Nw==

The shenanigans around the jewel slot at the top of the tree allow me to have 100int in radius of Eldritch knoledge jewel, that is to say 50% more chaos damage !

Ascendency

Berserker + Deadeye

Berserk + warlord's mark with blasphemy equals 3.5% hp leech and 2.4% mana leech thanks to romira's.
I also play with Vaal pact so the leech is instant.
Deadeye means more projectiles and pierce, overall much more KB procs.

Single target damage

It's still no that great but bladefall helps a lot. Crits are happening very often. tier 6 map bosses twinned die in less than 20 seconds.

Surviving

I believe i survive much better than your version of the build. I have way less hp (134% and a tabula) but i went a bit further thanks to the scion passive tree. I no longer need mana regen aura so i took the ES aura. I play with ghost reaver so mana leech is instant and applies to my ES. My hp + ES total is higher than what would your 200% hp be. I heal so much thanks to berserker + warlords mark that even jesus thinks it's a miracle.
I also bought armor + ES parts and i generate endurance charges.

This puts me at 36% dmg reduction, 75% all resists, 3700 total hp+ES (which is poor but i'm so low level right now) and tons of leech.

I have no idea how to link gear so here's my profile (char crit_on_claw) :

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Tygra_Moonfang/characters

Any comments or ideas to further improve are welcome, any critiques too obviously.
Thank you again for the idea Dela, i'll keep doing updates !
Last edited by Tygra_Moonfang on Apr 8, 2016, 3:02:07 PM
"
Any comments or ideas to further improve are welcome, any critiques too obviously.
Thank you again for the idea Dela

Hey Tygra! Love hearing about the crit version. That's def the combo (berserker/assassin or deadeye) I'd pick/try as Scion, sounds great. So glad it's working for you! When I get more time I'll investigate this further. Crit seems great since we do chaos dmg and its reflect free for the most part! Personally I like having the regen to sustain frenzy instead of Vaal pact but both are great. Thanks for sharing, looking forward to updates.
Last edited by getinthevan on Apr 8, 2016, 3:11:52 PM
CoC KB to Bladefall seems like a sweet setup! Any chance of getting a video of it?

My biggest let down of this build is its tankyness. But besides that once you get it up and running its a blast (literately) I had to turn my currency drop sounds way up as I was killing mobs 3 screens away. My dps is kinda low, sitting at 3.6k dps with full charges, so I'm sticking to tier 7 and under maps. Spider Forest and sewer type maps are the best for this and can be cleared in under 3 mins. Any tips on getting my DPS up? I'm using a 5L CJ and I have the snakebite gloves as well as devotes helm.
Last edited by DamonMorr on Apr 8, 2016, 3:20:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info