[2.3]Dela's Obliterate Build CHEAP & FAST clears 200% life UPDATED

wouldnt grabbin RT be gg? for 5 points i think it might be worth it
"
The build is really strong and fast at clearing packs, but lacks A LOT in single target which is the only let down for me in this build.

I don't have much trouble with any bosses or rares anymore but my build is pretty optimized and my gear is good. I don't want people to have to require a 6l or curse on hit gloves etc. The issue IS the single target bosses that don't have mobs around. Been trying many combinations to solve this, while still keeping the price of the build down, that is the goal. I'm fairly certain a solution can be found. I can add a video of me killing things if you prefer but I'd rather find a solution that works on a much smaller budget. I have a promising idea that I will test when I have some time !!

For now, a couple of things to remember:
Keep your accuracy up. Especially true for bosses.
Use spell echo frost wall. This is probably the most important offensively and defensively
Use the poison gem if you can't keep the frenzy charges up and are using snakebite gloves. The boss will mostly die to poison stacks.
Curse the boss with vulnerability

Keep the feedback coming! Brainstorm it up!
"

It absolutely is good and quite possibly worth the points. I had it for awhile and spec' out of it for a few reasons:
1. You don't need a ton of accuracy to hit reliably. (This is more of a crit issue and that doesn't matter) it's easy to get ~500 from gear and have a great chance to hit.
2. With RT you feel the phys reflect mod on maps. Since you can't evade them you can 1-shot yourself on a big pack. Without RT you evade a significant amount of hits from reflect.
3. The xtra points to go to RT will prob be coming out of life and I like an extra ~25%

This is just my personal preference but the beauty of it is that there is room to customize the tree both offensively and defensively to what you want/like. RT could be the right call in the right build!
"
getinthevan wrote:
"

It absolutely is good and quite possibly worth the points. I had it for awhile and spec' out of it for a few reasons:
1. You don't need a ton of accuracy to hit reliably. (This is more of a crit issue and that doesn't matter) it's easy to get ~500 from gear and have a great chance to hit.
2. With RT you feel the phys reflect mod on maps. Since you can't evade them you can 1-shot yourself on a big pack. Without RT you evade a significant amount of hits from reflect.
3. The xtra points to go to RT will prob be coming out of life and I like an extra ~25%

This is just my personal preference but the beauty of it is that there is room to customize the tree both offensively and defensively to what you want/like. RT could be the right call in the right build!

true that makes sense i only have like 80% chance to hit was like 70% but 80% seems bad but feels pretty good..so i prob will grab something else instead
leveling this build in hardcore, lvl 40 right now and keeping my options open so far on the tree
probably i will be using acro

here is the tree i am planning

http://www.poeplanner.com/AAAABAMBR9-K6QL-s1crvYJtGQj0wFRqQ7zql_RSUz1fl5VMswQHg9tVxjpYrJj311Kvu03dX2f8RX4OXGr6IvRsC5MnUzVQQow2f8YRlgcelS7w1UlRj_pcQIfLp5t1ns8VVUth4iaVFr9qjPVvyBSi2bDYD6ski8M6ieDmWJMfSRObtYTFbWy1SDY9napsjGKstMXC7AW1BnBOn3p_jb_UIzBx3ahLeDpCUUcM8qXLPs-95jB8jX0j9k2Sm6GPRqcI6-4y0UVHwGaa4EWdU1I8Be98BLOiAPAfn9-t8Rhd0B_v6zfU7T8=

maybe i could get some feedback on this tree? i am not exactly sure if the templar side is really worth it tbh

ascendancy class, not sure yet, but i might wanna try the occultist since i started a witch already
how strong is the chaos golem damage from the elementalist passive really?

what are you thinking about crit btw? not planning on trying, but that would make for some insane poison and overkill damage from herald

Last edited by prospecial on Apr 7, 2016, 6:49:08 AM
Thinking about respec into occulist and using a shield ...maybe broken faith ? Sounds like it would be good using with blood rage so I have no es... Not sure tho I feel like I'll lose allot of dmg going occulist... Could get a chaos wand maybe
"
maybe i could get some feedback on this tree? i am not exactly sure if the templar side is really worth it tbh

I think if you want Acro you could skip on the templar side. It is quite nice, but in your current tree you'd really need to have % life jewels to make up for not having the scion life wheel. Personally I wouldn't be comfortable with that low of a % of life and I think sac'ing the templar side for more life is fine. Also, keep in mind that if you decide to use Snakebite gloves, the extra frenzy makes it just that much harder to keep at full charges. You may be able to pick up 2 points there as well. Also, make sure to grab those 2 point jewels! Super good option for damage and health.
I'd probably do something like this:
http://www.poeplanner.com/AAAABAMBR02SI_aNfbDYwzqP-oPbVcY6WOvuMHxh4lVLJpUM8qXLYqydqmyMj0YOXEV-avqMNgQHbAuboWqM9W_IFFFHu01Sr91fZ_x1nlxAh8unm88VCPTAVLzq5liJ4EkTkx_316cIU1Ka4EWdD6vv69AfUEI31O0_Nj2ExZu1UzWNv2pDFr8i9FJTl_SXlQW1wuxMs1cr_rO9gm1stMXpAtQj34qVLklR8NUHHrVIrJgwcUt43agki5Mnf8ZtGRGWPV86QqLZHNy4kyj6gsf56EGHtz7-Cti9NZL-j03jplc64fJFjxq-iqEv

"
Thinking about respec into occulist and using a shield ...maybe broken faith ? Sounds like it would be good using with blood rage so I have no es... Not sure tho I feel like I'll lose allot of dmg going occulist... Could get a chaos wand maybe

Interesting idea about the Broken Faith shield. Didn't really know that shield existed. I think there is promise in being an Occultist and using a shield, but prob more likely as a CI build so you can get some sick ES from your shield. Again, I think you are right though in that losing out on the damage the Elementalist provides will be difficult to make up.
I was also thinking of Broken Faith shield so well worth a try.

I respecced into Acro and took out damage and area nodes. I can't really tell a diff tbh... so perhaps another ascendency class is better than elementist.

I also tested using a high eva shield with grace and acro. It was much better defensively and can still clear maps pretty fast, but it just doesnt have the same explosive feel of dual wanding... Could def notice diff in dmg. But again this is where broken faith might be a good option.
Hi Dela, i saw that you commented on one of the videos saying you wanted to try building a crit version of the build.

I'm currently trying it, playing a lvl 62 scion atm. I use KB to proc multiple times my CoC and it works very well to clear all packs (i facerolled merciless without deaths and i'm now almost act 4).
However i have the same problem you have, my mono target dps is poor. What spell linked with CoC could do some work ? I tried EK but its range is meh, bladefall is ok but doesn't benefit much from our chaos dmg bonus (and doesn't proc multiples times with only 1 KB), essence drain is nice damage since its chaos but the DoT doesn't stack and the hit is fairly low. Any ideas ?

I'll write more details about my build tomorrow when i come back from work.
Last edited by Tygra_Moonfang on Apr 7, 2016, 6:28:35 PM
"
I respecced into Acro and took out damage and area nodes. I can't really tell a diff tbh...

Good to know it still felt strong. Are you an Elementalist or an Occultist currently?

"
Hi Dela, i saw that you commented on one of the videos saying you wanted to try building a crit version of the build. Any ideas ?

Hrm! So far in testing, bladefall seemed the best for me, but I can understand you wanting something with more range. The problem with essence drain, while a fine option, is that a lot of its damage is tied to the DoT... I don't really have a good suggestion for you off the top of my head. Perhaps forgoing CoC (since we do well enough with packs and clearing already) and making our KB hit harder via crit multi might be the answer. Def interested to hear more about the build and hear from you first hand. Or if you do stay with CoC try barrage out? It should probably proc a lot more for single target.
Last edited by getinthevan on Apr 7, 2016, 6:40:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info