[2.3]Dela's Obliterate Build CHEAP & FAST clears 200% life UPDATED

I am in sc attempting a version of this build now, and I think it might be viable for HC. It gets almost 200% life and 200% ES and goes hybrid with Crown of Eyes which the OP mentioned as an option. I am only in act 2 merciless still running firestorm (got all these spell damage nodes lol).

I am wondering what you guys think of splashing crit with this build? If so, what would I drop in the 5L setup for increased crits?

Tanky Crit Variant 117 points used (cant figure out what to cut out)
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMAAN-w34qCEGt61AfpAo-myL_cjUuuRKtGUhslVa78TNlbLJxtGREtEVCX9Aj0IvR8gzW5UlPAVGwL6-6nK5eVPV9qQ5MnmuAc3DLRTLO-in_G74hFnbiTjxpFRwQH0B-hLxGW-TdTUij6wGaD2-_rBx4OSNfPgsdXyQSzrfE8BVXGlS5d8kmx-egNfKIAGF2f3-98Oljw1SoLKwpBh_AfrJiP-klRcFIRL7c-aPL311xA62P-CoRIUq-HyzY9tUjyRdi9XGu7TaebbWydqjrhNZLDbd1fdZ4Pq-ywbIymV_6PZ_zPFRa_jAtirE3jJpW5fGHiVUuMNgAA
IGN: SuijinRaven, BakuRaven, JasterRaven
What ascendancy?
The rest of the 'end-game' content will be available along with a heap of new stuff when the game launches in a few months time. From what I've seen it's going to be awesome. - Michael_GGG
Still Elementalist :P
IGN: SuijinRaven, BakuRaven, JasterRaven
Was thinking of trying a champion variant, to get fortify since I am on HC. What do you think of this?

Also - you said some bosses are hard to kill. Have you tried using a Frost wall + Spell Echo setup? It makes all your explosives hit the boss and burns him down fast. At least on normal KB builds :P
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Could you please post your ascendancy points?

Looked for about 5 minutes still can't find it.

And how do you get that movement speed? Is it because of all the frenzy charges?
The rest of the 'end-game' content will be available along with a heap of new stuff when the game launches in a few months time. From what I've seen it's going to be awesome. - Michael_GGG
is it laggy build?
"
tobes111 wrote:

And how do you get that movement speed? Is it because of all the frenzy charges?

From the third paragraph in the OP:

After that, we select the witch Elementalist Ascendancy so that we can gain "Elemental Conflux" on kill to shock/chill/ignite our damage. Normally this isn't possible with chaos damage. Additionally we select the "Beacon of Ruin" to proliferate this damage and set up chain reactions. "Liege of the Primordial" is selected to further boost our chaos damage when we summon a chaos golem.

And from the third page of the post:

This is with all buffs up:
20 helm
4 belt (could be 5?)
25 boots (could be 30)
3 tree (maybe more need to check)
20 onslaught (flask)
90 quicksilver (adrenaline roll + flask effectiveness)
20 Vaal haste

"
genida wrote:
"
tobes111 wrote:

From the third paragraph in the OP:

After that, we select the witch Elementalist Ascendancy so that we can gain "Elemental Conflux" on kill to shock/chill/ignite our damage. Normally this isn't possible with chaos damage. Additionally we select the "Beacon of Ruin" to proliferate this damage and set up chain reactions. "Liege of the Primordial" is selected to further boost our chaos damage when we summon a chaos golem.

And from the third page of the post:

This is with all buffs up:
20 helm
4 belt (could be 5?)
25 boots (could be 30)
3 tree (maybe more need to check)
20 onslaught (flask)
90 quicksilver (adrenaline roll + flask effectiveness)
20 Vaal haste

thankyou!!

i must be blind!
*** I will be updating the guide soon, as well as sharing my current thoughts on tree variants (mainly with Tankiness in mind) Keep checking the thread and brainstorming with us ***

"
Atziri down! Thanks to wither totem bro!
Awesome!
Would love to know more about this.
What level are you?
HP/armour/evasion/dodge stats?
Any gear or sttategy changes?

So I went with snakebite gloves(my pair with vuln on hit), same flask setup (didn't even swap in a ruby or topaz... was surprised I didn't need them), swapped out hypothermia for poison gem (didn't want to have to keep frenzy up) and ran wither bro totem.
Level 92, 5200 HP (swapped out some life in the tree for a bit more regen to sustain blood rage and get another jewel) 75/75/75 resists, 800 armor (11% reduction), 2800 eva (24% evade), no dodge. 6250 tooltip dps. Obv not HC viable for this part, and take note that I am a quite experienced with Atziri. Trash was a joke, big packs, all down EZ. First phase no prob, summon frost walls and bro totem and poison first vaal, then swap to other and do the same. Both died at about the same time (about 5-8 seconds total roughly) Second phase was what I was worried about, but it was also easy. same strategy but I let my chaos golem tank what he could and I kept summoning. Bosses died fast, killing the ranged one first. Onto Atziri - her spears hit hard, about 1/2 or so HP but manageable. They shouldn't hit this hard but I was cursed. I was planning on switching out my vuln on hit gloves since she reflects curses (blasphemy + vuln would be a superior option) but I hadn't died yet so I just went with it. Only tough part was/is split phase, where I had my one death of the run, after that I figured out correct strategy. While they are appearing just summon a fresh totem and frost walls. When they pop up, click a flask or two, spam KB for a few attacks, then dodge the spells - they will wither and die from poison.

"
What's the verdict on Snakebite vs Shadows and Dust?

Jury still out, but I like S&D better I think. I hate trying to keep the reduced duration frenzy charges up to poison, our most important gem link. I am in the camp that the poison gem should be part of our main link setup for consistency. S&D are amazing that they increase our movespeed and damage while we rampage up. The damage is generic so it affects the corpse explosions from obliterate!! At about 700 stacks I have ~ 5k tooltip dps increase. S&D also add a whole new level of FUN, trying to keep the stacks up is great and watching them tick up offscreen from chain reactions is just the best. If there ever was a build for rampage, this might be it!

In the end, I will not be recommending them as they are a league specific unique and won't be available in the future... save for some absurd, mostly unaffordable price. I think the final glove setup will be just a pair of rare gloves or Southbound if we change the herald of ash setup.

"
What skill setup did you all level with? I have a tabula and both obliteration wands. My tooltip DPS is only about 1300. If anyone has any suggestions that would be amazing.

My leveling was all over the place, and I sort of "fell into" the build while leveling. It wasn't exactly planned from the start. My guess as to why your dps is low is becuase your added chaos dmg gem isn't leveled. This adds an absurd amount of dmg for the build. I would level with bladefall until KB feels sufficient enough. Bladefall + the obliterate wands will have a similar effect to packs. Hopefully others can pitch in and share what has been good for leveling for them.

"
Still not sure how you have 5k + dps tooltip dps in hideout... I have 2.4k and obliterate everything ...see what I did there Kappa

Haha I did ;) I think the difference comes from 3 things - leveled + quality gems, elreons chaos craft on jewelry, and + accuracy on gear. Currently at 6250 town tooltip with poison gem in.

"
did the build...got really decent stuff for her, ripped to some trash mobs had taste of hate but...honestly no way the build viable hc high maps...is there a way you would path the tree for HC ? was lvl 84 or 85 when I ripped.

Sorry to hear about the death, the current tree I have is a SC one and I'd agree too squishy for HC. Many requests for a "Tanky" version, which I am working on. I will post my initial thoughts soon. If anyone comes up with a tree, feel free to share. Besides feeling squishy in maps, what were the other feelings of the build in HC? What was good, what was bad?

"
I am in sc attempting a version of this build now, and I think it might be viable for HC. It gets almost 200% life and 200% ES and goes hybrid with Crown of Eyes which the OP mentioned as an option.Tanky Crit Variant 117 points used (cant figure out what to cut out)

Hey there! This is similar to the hybrid version I wanted to run, but I was not considering crit. here are my issues with it and concerns I have with hybrid and a few insights on your tree: as a hybrid, you cannot run blood rage easily. It will "burn" you for both your ES and life... so either you don't run it and lose out on the frenzy stacks, attack speed, and life leech or you do and are constantly fighting the degen. I prefer to not fight against the degen, so BR is out. This means that we need our frenzy charges a different way (blood dance?? or?... not a fan of no life on them) or we need to skip on snakebite gloves. (this is how I'm trending anyhow, as it is better for boss killing using the poison gem) If we do skip on BR perhaps vaal pact will be an option. As to your tree, I have two issues - 1. You need ghost reaver (or lots of ES on hit jewels) otherwise your ES is kind of worthless as only an initial buffer. 2 - a much bigger problem I see is that you only have approx 130% chaos dmg in the tree. We really need to get this as high as possible so that our Obliterate explosions 1 shot. Ideally 300% so that the 25%hp explosion goes to 100% or more. Good brainstorming and glad to see variants come out!

"
Was thinking of trying a champion variant, to get fortify since I am on HC. What do you think of this?
Also - you said some bosses are hard to kill. Have you tried using a Frost wall + Spell Echo setup? It makes all your explosives hit the boss and burns him down fast. At least on normal KB builds :P

I have not looked at the champion variant, but fortify perma sounds amazing. Duelist is a bit out of the way, but perhaps we can make the stretch. I will add this to the things to look at for the "tankiness" solution. If you come up with a test tree, feel free to post it. As to the tough bosses, I think this is mainly only in regards to leveling now. I have no more issues with the exact setup you are talking about + whither bro totem!!

"
is it laggy build?

Occasionally you can get a minor spike in lag... but laggy I'd say no. At first, feeling a "lag spike" created by an obliterate chain reaction is a little scary, but usually it means a large obliterate explosion is going off and everything is way dead. You can see a few of these "pops" in my videos and that is about as bad as it gets.

Honestly, I'd say the regular "lag" of the game is scarier from things like Perandus boxes or public groups with a CoC/Mjollner player. Feel free to chime in if you are playing the build and share your experience with the "lag" pops, currently I consider them a minor minor issue but something to look at for HC. Someone playing HC please share, as I'm sure this is a little more concerning.
Last edited by getinthevan on Apr 9, 2016, 9:07:51 AM
Did another Atziri run after I corrupted a few of my gems. Deathless this time. Room to improve though. If people are interested I can add an Atziri video to the to-do list.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info