Got Hacked

The problem remains Lask that while it might be our faults using the logic that you do in most of your arguments is complete invalidation of them. Am I saying that it's GGG's fault? No. Am am saying that without 1 maybe 2 cases where it otherwise may have happened (which are both very miniscule and would have to involve exploits which would be far more valuable to use for capturing more valuable information) that I wasn't compromised, but I won't rule it out.

Using the logic of "why don't they strip the top 200 ladder" and that is 2-fold. First GGG have stated for the most part and they seem to be very intolerant about it (and why not overall it's mainly just frustrating) that they will not restore items so the easiest way to keep your items you took as the other party and to continue to strip accounts as a steady rate would be hitting these people. Second if they did hit the top 200 it would make it far more likely for GGG to investigate and possibly roll the servers back as well as take the accounts of being compromised truthfully.
"
Lask001 wrote:

You ask the impossible - I don't have access to GGG's servers.

What you are concerned about doesn't matter, it sucks but deal with it.

I have hardly called anyone out on cheating, though it would not surprise me if many of you did.

YOU HAVEN'T HARDLY CALLED ANYONE OUT ON CHEATING.

Do you have Alzhaimer? Because that's what you did EVERY. SINGLE. POST.

And since you don't have acess to GGG's servers or any of our PCs why would you suppose that was us that got hacked?

100+ (as i said 20 hours ago, we still missed the Americans) people got scammed in 24 hours. Probably let's go for 200+, and they are getting more and more people by the hour.

Those are too many peoples getting scammed. Since the majority haven't opened anything other than this site, the wiki and poe.xys.is i trouly doubt it's on our side.

On the other hand, i'm sure GGG is investigating right now, since, as i said, there are too many of them.

Oh, and we're asking just for our character with their equip on them. Nothing more. Orbs and unique can be refarmed, 75+ levels, gems leveled and everything no.
"
Orianas wrote:
The problem remains Lask that while it might be our faults using the logic that you do in most of your arguments is complete invalidation of them. Am I saying that it's GGG's fault? No. Am am saying that without 1 maybe 2 cases where it otherwise may have happened (which are both very miniscule and would have to involve exploits which would be far more valuable to use for capturing more valuable information) that I wasn't compromised, but I won't rule it out.

Using the logic of "why don't they strip the top 200 ladder" and that is 2-fold. First GGG have stated for the most part and they seem to be very intolerant about it (and why not overall it's mainly just frustrating) that they will not restore items so the easiest way to keep your items you took as the other party and to continue to strip accounts as a steady rate would be hitting these people. Second if they did hit the top 200 it would make it far more likely for GGG to investigate and possibly roll the servers back as well as take the accounts of being compromised truthfully.

I don't get what you are trying to say in your first paragraph other than I am a jerk about how I tell people off, which I whole heartedly agree with.

Why would GGG have to restore items if the top 200 were being hit, why couldn't they just say the same thing as they do now - it's the users fault almost every time? 200 users is an extremely small percentage of the user base.
"
Daiug wrote:
"
Lask001 wrote:

I have hardly called anyone out on cheating, though it would not surprise me if many of you did.

And since you don't have acess to GGG's servers or any of our PCs why would you suppose that was us that got hacked?

100+ (as i said 20 hours ago, we still missed the Americans) people got scammed in 24 hours. Probably let's go for 200+, and they are getting more and more people by the hour.

Those are too many peoples getting scammed. Since the majority haven't opened anything other than this site, the wiki and poe.xys.is i trouly doubt it's on our side.

On the other hand, i'm sure GGG is investigating right now, since, as i said, there are too many of them.

Oh, and we're asking just for our character with their equip on them. Nothing more. Orbs and unique can be refarmed, 75+ levels, gems leveled and everything no.

You have me confused with someone else, probably that drpizu guy or w/e his name was.
So basically reading their response after being hacked we are SOL and will not receive anything back including your toons and gear.

I paid for micro transactions like bank space I didnt recieve and cant use, at least PayPal will reverse all those charges.
Last edited by occyvaldes on Feb 19, 2013, 11:31:23 AM
What I am saying in the first paragraph is that although often times things may be the way you think they work it's not always the case. Again other than the 2 ways that I can possibly and utterly think about 1) a browser or Windows 0-day allowing access to the configuration file even though I'm using Chrome with no script and java and flash disabled 2) man in the middle attack; those are the only possible ways I may have been compromised and they would allow you much better information than some currency that isn't exactly fluid.

The 2nd paragraph you obviously didn't read or are incapable of thinking like the people on the other end. When they have access to 1000s of accounts do they strip them as quickly as possible creating an uproar in the community which would cause GGG to investigate and possibly roll the servers back before the attack or do they slowly strip accounts of less high profile targets. Also another point I didn't touch on for why not to hit the top ladder players is simply the login scheme. It's hard to distinguish kripps email from kripp223 or whatever some other person might have used.

Lastly am I faulting GGG here? No typically organizations that deal with account information are far more secure with that information than their users, but it's not unheard of for larger more secure companies to be compromised and completely in the dark about it for a long time. There are several security vulnerabilities when you open up login to your databases through a browser based interface versus solely through a secure client.
"
Orianas wrote:
What I am saying in the first paragraph is that although often times things may be the way you think they work it's not always the case. Again other than the 2 ways that I can possibly and utterly think about 1) a browser or Windows 0-day allowing access to the configuration file even though I'm using Chrome with no script and java and flash disabled 2) man in the middle attack; those are the only possible ways I may have been compromised and they would allow you much better information than some currency that isn't exactly fluid.

The 2nd paragraph you obviously didn't read or are incapable of thinking like the people on the other end. When they have access to 1000s of accounts do they strip them as quickly as possible creating an uproar in the community which would cause GGG to investigate and possibly roll the servers back before the attack or do they slowly strip accounts of less high profile targets. Also another point I didn't touch on for why not to hit the top ladder players is simply the login scheme. It's hard to distinguish kripps email from kripp223 or whatever some other person might have used.

Lastly am I faulting GGG here? No typically organizations that deal with account information are far more secure with that information than their users, but it's not unheard of for larger more secure companies to be compromised and completely in the dark about it for a long time. There are several security vulnerabilities when you open up login to your databases through a browser based interface versus solely through a secure client.

Do you even know what man in the middle is? Pretty much impossible for that to work, which you would understand if you knew how routing works. It sounds like you are googling computer terms and just throwing them out in a vain attempt to get your gear back.

I thought of that, I just don't agree. From my view point, the hackers are a chinese company that profits from selling currency. They go to maximize short term profit, and stealing everything at once and selling it is perfect. If there is a roll back, they will still be able to get access to the same accounts again, and therefor double their profit. Is this what would happen? Who knows? I think the chance of a rollback is almost zero though, because how would you differentiate who made legit progress and who didn't? I can promise you if "compromised accounts" started getting rollbacks, I'd be using it to dupe my currency, as would many others.

I never said it's impossible, just that GGG said they are secure, and that I will trust them any day over you guys.

Again you assume I am an idiot along with everyone else on the forums. I agree man in the middle attacks are extremely hard to pull off but not impossible and I'm not saying that is what is happening. In fact it's why what I am implying makes my argument even stronger. The 2 methods that could have potentially compromised my account are far and above what anyone would go through to make a few bucks on PoE. And while I don't know your background I can be 90% positive my background in exploitation, networking, and programming is more extensive than yours. With that said yes this is the Internet yes I could have just made that up yes given probability I did. But, I didn't I received my Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Mathematics from an accredited university in 2006 followed that up with a BS in IS have worked in telecommunications related fields and have developed for several IP based phone systems. Does that make me right? No but it also does t make a team of 13 people infallible either. Again, with that said GGG is not a bad company and I don't even want my items back. I want the game to be secure so that I can be sure that the time I put in is time not wasted.
"
Lask001 wrote:
"
Daiug wrote:
"
Lask001 wrote:

You have me confused with someone else, probably that drpizu guy or w/e his name was.

Well even GGG said that almost all those "hacks" are in-fact caused by cheating. Let´s assume thats true. Now we have like 50 people on the forums who all claim that their computers are bulletproof blah blah blah. Well...either they (or majority of them)are lying or the internet suddenly changed into a honest place overnight(very unlikely :D ). I personally banned probably over 1000+ players in various on-line games for cheating, and when they came back with "OMG I NO CHEAT" their posts looked exactly the same as we can see here now. Its the very same pattern. Even though there are probably some honest posts, its very likely the majority is just lying. Just look in-game...all those groups with maphack links in their name are "hacked" players who used maphacks.
ign: klavesnica
"
Orianas wrote:
But, I didn't I received my Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Mathematics from an accredited university in 2006 followed that up with a BS in IS have worked in telecommunications related fields and have developed for several IP based phone systems.

"
Orianas wrote:

I'm not going to say it's GGGs fault, but after downloading and running 5 other AV tools (Spybot, MSE, AdAware, Kapersky, AVG) all came up completely clean no false positives at all and NOD32 is pretty good about catching things as well before they come up.

wow, just wow... IT guy who cant even find out himself if theres something wrong running on his computer... could do that when I was 14 years old. IT guy that downloads 5 AV´s to scan his comp because someone stole his pw... sure... we all believe you...
ign: klavesnica

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info