[2.3] CoC Cyclone Discharge Trickster! HC/Level 100 Viable!

"
"
About GEM Choice:
Inc AoE gem beats BV.
For Single Target you switch AoE with Void Manipulation (or Conc Effect if u feel ok with the low radius).

Disagreed about Increased AoE. Blade Vortex is great for generating charges because it hits so much more. My character hits 5 times per second with cyclone, meaning ideally I'd discharge 5 time a second. Every bit helps. Conc effect is a very good idea for things like Uber Atziri though, should make the fight way faster.

Also, I really think that The Vertex is a really good item. It's definitely worth running, and it frees up your glove slot (assuming you were using voidbringers) so you can use something like facebreakers instead.

My issue with the Vertex and facebreakers is that we drop a lot of ES using both items. For maxing damage it is the best option, but for survivability, I'd go with Voidbringers/High ES rare. The build doesn't lack damage so facebreakers aren't mandatory.

It all depends on what you are going for. Personal preference.
For my current builds, thoughts and videos.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
"
"
About GEM Choice:
Inc AoE gem beats BV.
For Single Target you switch AoE with Void Manipulation (or Conc Effect if u feel ok with the low radius).

Disagreed about Increased AoE. Blade Vortex is great for generating charges because it hits so much more. My character hits 5 times per second with cyclone, meaning ideally I'd discharge 5 time a second. Every bit helps. Conc effect is a very good idea for things like Uber Atziri though, should make the fight way faster.

Also, I really think that The Vertex is a really good item. It's definitely worth running, and it frees up your glove slot (assuming you were using voidbringers) so you can use something like facebreakers instead.

And there is ur answer why u wont need BV for charges, u allready hit fast enough to generate a lot of charges, ur discharge generates charges aswell. Single targets die in 1 discharge anyway (not bosses) so ur BV wont generate u any charge (or maybe 1 ~ wow), its just a lost gem socket in that moment.
AoE provides twice as much AoE clearspeed. Where a Single Target switchgem will give u 50#-% more damage for bosses.

DV was okish in the 2.0 meta w/o the superior inc. Critical Strikechance gem. Now we got 2% basecrit on top, and there is no need for additional charges. I mean do whatever u like^^, everybody i told to switch to AoE was more than thankfull for it. (And trust me i am playing coc cyclone since 1.2 and tested so much arround combinations and possibilities, unless u have a very very budget build or playing w/o a volls amulett (and also 6+ PC) BV is worse than AoE)
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
Last edited by Doe on Apr 5, 2016, 1:12:59 AM
just wanna post my positive experience to offset to a lot of the bullshit near the beginning of this thread, i've been playing poe off and on and i've always wanted to try a discharge build, this thread convinced me to do so.

dumped all my standard currency into the pricey pieces, had some luck with some drops and crafts and other char's gear enabling to pull it off and i'm having a blast, i basically hit 70 switched over and jumped right into t8+ maps. so thanks for detailing out this build for people to follow.

the only thing is i wish there was a more definitive guild on leveling before going all out discharge - i did pretty well as a poison trapper, but it was a very pricey respec.
Last edited by Covan on Apr 5, 2016, 11:46:37 AM
i dont feel i am doing enough damage, also discharge doesnt proc alot.

can someone check my gear/tree and tell me what is wrong in my build? i have spent more than 5ex on it:(
Havnt read all pages but i guess noone asked, what do you guys think about doing this build as an inquisitor with dual elreon rings, shouldnt the damage be absolutely insane?

Isnt skyforth boots also pretty damn nice for this build? More powercharges, reduced mana .

Would be cool if someone corrects me here but i am thinking of trying this exact thing with inquisitor
My single target feels inadequate. I don't know why it's like this, but I have a 5L Voll's Protector, a Voll's Devotion, and I have 6 total power charges, 5 total endurance charges. What am I doing wrong?

Also, would it be worth trading in my Voll's Devotion for a 6L Voll's Protector? Would this help my single target?
"
Obeast wrote:
My single target feels inadequate. I don't know why it's like this, but I have a 5L Voll's Protector, a Voll's Devotion, and I have 6 total power charges, 5 total endurance charges. What am I doing wrong?

Also, would it be worth trading in my Voll's Devotion for a 6L Voll's Protector? Would this help my single target?

It will be easier for op to answer if you can link your gear, gems, tree.
No one can tell you why your dps is low unless they see what are you using.
"
And there is ur answer why u wont need BV for charges, u allready hit fast enough to generate a lot of charges, ur discharge generates charges aswell. Single targets die in 1 discharge anyway (not bosses) so ur BV wont generate u any charge (or maybe 1 ~ wow), its just a lost gem socket in that moment.
AoE provides twice as much AoE clearspeed. Where a Single Target switchgem will give u 50#-% more damage for bosses.

DV was okish in the 2.0 meta w/o the superior inc. Critical Strikechance gem. Now we got 2% basecrit on top, and there is no need for additional charges. I mean do whatever u like^^, everybody i told to switch to AoE was more than thankfull for it. (And trust me i am playing coc cyclone since 1.2 and tested so much arround combinations and possibilities, unless u have a very very budget build or playing w/o a volls amulett (and also 6+ PC) BV is worse than AoE)

Hey. I tried switching from BV to Conc Effect and Increased AoE... You're right, this is way better than BV. Sorry, I was wrong.
"
Obeast wrote:

Link your gear please!

Also, remember to keep your mouse very close to the target and pop diamond flask/vaal haste for bosses. Single target damage is OP from what I see.

Increased Aoe/Conc effect is legit.
For my current builds, thoughts and videos.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Last edited by Grocery on Apr 5, 2016, 2:46:46 PM
I was wondering the best way to level before switching to this build? E.g. the early leveling skill tree etc. I'm not really sure were to start when it comes to building my tree (going ele dmg way or the chaos/phy way etc.)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info