Path of Exile in China

I like how a lot of people is talking about China like the most evil thing in the planet and how apparently GGG shouldn't even bring the game there or not deal with a specific company.

Let the chinese people talk about their country, their issues and their gaming companies. Stop being the international internet judges from a PC 12.000km away.

Kudos on the deal and I hope this bring more exciting things in the future for GGG !
Just don't introduce anything in the game that could offend The Party. And we know there's many many things that can offend The Party and therefore need to be censored.

---

"
Chris wrote:
We're incredibly excited to work with Tencent and have a huge amount of respect for their immense power as a publisher in the region.
Tencent is incredibly powerful...

I'm sorry, but this glorification of the publisher really sounds funny. Do Tencent managers read PoE forums? :P

The Party is all-seeing and magnificent!! :PP
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Mar 28, 2016, 6:31:13 AM
"
morbo wrote:

"
Chris wrote:
We're incredibly excited to work with Tencent and have a huge amount of respect for their immense power as a publisher in the region.
Tencent is incredibly powerful...

I'm sorry, but this glorification of the publisher really sounds funny. Do Tencent managers read PoE forums? :P

The Party is all-seeing and magnificent!! :PP

That looked weird to me too. Feels like Chris was brainwashed there or Tencent treated him like a little prince thus leaving him an impression or he is just trying to make Tencent look good in front of our eyes.

Edit:
Not against the expansion into the China, but weren't there better ways to do this than signing a contract with the devil? Somewhy I see Chris with money symbols on his eyes and hear ABBA - "money, money, money" in the background.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
Last edited by Toshis8 on Mar 28, 2016, 7:08:29 AM
I hope this will bring many new player to PoE
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
"
Toshis8 wrote:
That looked weird to me too. Feels like Chris was brainwashed there...

I just hope the OP wasn't written under duress, like all those forced confessions and staged trials the Chinese regime is used to do :)

But don't get me wrong, I think GGG deserves all the success they can get. But you'll never get me to like the Chinese regime and their mafia style business practices.

I'd find it equally weird if someone praised Activision/Blizzard, because they are big and powerful :)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Lookit me posting! Last post was in CB I think.

Get off GGG's back. They're a for-profit company that charges nothing for the game. Aside from stash tabs (which you pretty much need to horde your loot, granted.) You don't have to pay jack.

Expanding the existing IP into new markets is an easy way to leverage a little extra cash.

Cash means the devs get paid. Server costs are covered. More cash means more devs, artists and possibly more internal testing before content releases.

From my perspective it pretty much looks all win as far as I can see.

I don't think there IS any other way to release into a huge market like China without GGG taking the direction they are.

The Chinese players don't have to play the game if they don't want to, any more than we do.

Meanwhile I'll do my little bit buying basic support packages every release or so.

I'm happy with the game.

"
Existing Chinese players on our Grinding Gear Games server can continue to play on the GGG server or can play on the Chinese Tencent server, whichever they prefer.

Although not much of a possibility, but does this mean I can play my characters currently on GGG server in the new Chinese Server? Otherwise this sentence is simply unnecessary cuz of course players can choose whichever server they want to play on.
Last edited by Exodus_820 on Mar 28, 2016, 7:15:29 AM
Ok cool China.... and what about French, German, Spanish versions of the game ?
I understand, the biggest population of the world first..............
Awesome, now its time to come to Africa, preferably South Africa :)
"
StinkFinger wrote:
Good job GGG...

Way to praise these type of companies and people.

I'll leave you with this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHcTKWiZ8sI

Where you expanding next? North Korea? Syria?

I'm sure this post will be "censored", which ironically coincides with what happens over in China daily.

As a chinese, I get very worried about your real IQ level if you believe what this video tells

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info