Path of Exile in China

Congratulations to your thriving business! As you said, to see the "upcoming war" evolve will be really interesting. Trade Chat in China? Jeez...
IGN: SpoiledSoCalScion / ShadesOfPrey

Austriae est imperare orbi universo / GMT +1
Very exciting, congratulations! :D

"
Chris wrote:
We feel confident that we will be able to win the upcoming war against bots and gold farmers in China.

What makes GGG so different, that they would become the first company to ever win the war against bots? Color me skeptical. :P
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
"
odds wrote:
"
Chameleon wrote:
Surprised the game is allowed into China...

Yeah, because there are issues with Skeletons in China. Will there be a consored china version of the game? Skeletons replaced with dolls...

If the video on their website is accurate, then the skeletons won't be changed at all.

I too am rather surprised about PoE being allowed in China as-is. Or even with the skeletons censored, there are lots of other things in PoE that are likely objectionable over there.
"
BlueArrow wrote:
Good luck guys!
GGG world gaming domination!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5TU8o6TvNk
"Ta-Ta, not-a-cockroach"
welcome to china .path of exile
欢迎到中国来!
"
odds wrote:
"
Chameleon wrote:
Surprised the game is allowed into China...

Yeah, because there are issues with Skeletons in China. Will there be a consored china version of the game? Skeletons replaced with dolls...

I imagine they could easily substitute skeletons with those marionette like creatures in the labyrinth, or bandits? Only real issue I would think would be fairgraves and if he crosses the line? If he does they would have to come up with alternate art for him. One other thing that just occurred to me that may cause issue is arctic breath and the health globe artwork, that skull may be a no go, in which case PLEASE BRING BACK THE OLD RESOURCE GLOBE ART!
There are probably many other issues that I didn't think of but thats for GGG and tencent to sort out. The only way I can see this being a bad thing is if GGG can't combat the automated farmers and bots coming out of china.
Tencent is worse than EA, I'm serious.

I'm pretty sure CN server would be like this:

Vorici charges 15000 fus for 6 link. It also take 10 times of fus to 6 link yourself. However, if you pay 2000RMB, you can get a "super awesome orb of fusing" that guarantee a 6 link.

Want to have Eternal orb back? Yes if you pay.

T1 uniques will never drop, they are only available in the shop.
"
msj1990 wrote:
Tencent is worse than EA, I'm serious.

I'm pretty sure CN server would be like this:

Vorici charges 15000 fus for 6 link. It also take 10 times of fus to 6 link yourself. However, if you pay 2000RMB, you can get a "super awesome orb of fusing" that guarantee a 6 link.

Want to have Eternal orb back? Yes if you pay.

T1 uniques will never drop, they are only available in the shop.

lol
Releasing PoE in China will have only one result. I have experience from other games. The game will be P2W, "VIP Accounts" etc. Hordes of Chinese will switch from Chinese version to International and they'll start botting resulting with economy's collapse. Call me racist, but I'm not, I respect everyone. Those are just facts from several games I was playing before.
You looked very cool in the conference and interview,seriously!
Just one question,will there be Chinese version of poe.trade in the tencent POE?
Last edited by EdmundDantes on Mar 28, 2016, 4:02:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info