[2.4 VIDEO] #1 Pathfinder PHC - Blade Vortex flask build. Uber atziri video. Easy lvling

"
Glick wrote:
"
Edeka wrote:
Good for the upcoming league softcore?

Please read the thread :(

I did, yes or no?
"
Le_Sanzo wrote:

I also guess CI would be better but trying to path out a proper tree for it seems mind boggling for me. xD
I noticed "Rathke" had posted a tree but he had suggested using Cybil's paw. Will that be till end-game mate?

Not for me, there is another guide that goes full hybrid (link), I'm just contemplating using it if I can't afford decent CI gear early on.

Basically I'll be playing hybrid till reaching maps and then switching as soon as I can. the 104 points hybrid tree is something I hope never having to use, it'd mean I'm lvl 80 and can't afford 3-5 decent ES pieces xD. (Keep in mind the new essences might help with this too, there is gone that guarantees ES on helm/chest/gloves/shield)

Rewards for CI are probably Kill all (skill point) / Help Oak (+16% phys dmg) / Help Alira (Power charge)
---------------------------

OP certainly has a better grasp of the playstyle than me, so I'll be waiting to see what he comes up with, but the original idea of this build - Grabbing a ton of mana to sustain 50 stacks on bosses, and taking advantage of that running MoM, has changed. You can probably still run it like this just fine, but I'm not sure it's worth investing heavily into mana solely to keep up MoM... but I'm not experienced enough in the build to be sure. For the same reason, grabbing all the inc duration nodes might not be needed, so a few changes on the tree are probably reasonable anyway.

Edit: Yes edeka, this will probably be one of the best builds to start the next league... If you don't mind the fact that EVERYONE THINKS SO, so we'll probably have a ton of competition for the flasks and stuff :/
Last edited by Rathke on Sep 1, 2016, 12:02:46 PM
"
Rathke wrote:
"
Le_Sanzo wrote:

I also guess CI would be better but trying to path out a proper tree for it seems mind boggling for me. xD
I noticed "Rathke" had posted a tree but he had suggested using Cybil's paw. Will that be till end-game mate?

Not for me, there is another guide that goes full hybrid (link), I'm just contemplating using it if I can't afford decent CI gear early on.

Basically I'll be playing hybrid till reaching maps and then switching as soon as I can. the 104 points hybrid tree is something I hope never having to use, it'd mean I'm lvl 80 and can't afford 3-5 decent ES pieces xD. (Keep in mind the new essences might help with this too, there is gone that guarantees ES on helm/chest/gloves/shield)

Rewards for CI are probably Kill all (skill point) / Help Oak (+16% phys dmg) / Help Alira (Power charge)

OP certainly has a better grasp of the playstyle than me, so I'll be waiting to see what he comes up with, but the original idea of this build - Grabbing a ton of mana to sustain 50 stacks on bosses, and taking advantage of that running MoM, has changed. You can probably still run it like this just fine, but I'm not sure it's worth investing heavily into mana solely to keep up MoM... but I'm not experienced enough in the build to be sure. For the same reason, grabbing all the inc duration nodes might not be needed, so a few changes on the tree are probably reasonable anyway.

Edit: Yes edeka, this will probably be one of the best builds to start the next league... If you don't mind the fact that EVERYONE THINKS SO, so we'll probably have a ton of competition for the flasks and stuff :/

Thanks for the answer :D! I don't mind competition haha :D
I think going CI relatively early is do-able, especially in Essence. It's a lot easier now than it has been.

"
Rathke wrote:

I'm going for almost the exact Tree, I believe the mana reserve nodes are worth it, but I'll be skilling them as I see the need (Charisma goes for sure)

This is my plan for now: We grab quite a few nodes that are close to important life clusters, so I'm going hybrid, perhaps even into early maps, maybe using Ghost Reave + Cybil's to sustain ES+Life (Maybe, depending on how the gearing goes) and later transitioning into full CI. It should be around 12-16 regrets in my tree, something you can even get from quests, so it shouldn't be that painful.

Yeah, that was my plan as well.
It's a good idea to get the other start to get to the dmg nodes faster. I think I'll do that as well.

Do you think Force Shaper is really worth it?
Maybe i will start with this build tommorow- on softcore of course :-)
https://www.twitch.tv/der_rasierer
How do you guys think, is there a point in starting league with BV pathfinder when I practically don't trade ? I mean, I'm fine with buying, but I find selling too bothersome, so my currency comes from chaos recipe and random drops. Can I make it work in such situation? Looks like a lot of poeple are going to roll BV so i fear flasks will be too expensive to aquire early.
So, now that we're capped at 20 stacks, does it make sense to swap spell echo with physical to lightning? The goal should be to have more damage per stack, and while there are other gems that might give more raw DPS, this should be enough to make the vessel of vinktar make you even more totally immortal than you already are....
"
Ramirose wrote:
How do you guys think, is there a point in starting league with BV pathfinder when I practically don't trade ? I mean, I'm fine with buying, but I find selling too bothersome, so my currency comes from chaos recipe and random drops. Can I make it work in such situation? Looks like a lot of poeple are going to roll BV so i fear flasks will be too expensive to aquire early.

Quick answer: No, but you don't have to use the expensive unique flasks. Pathfinder is strong even with non-uniques. You just won't be able to do endgame. Personally, I wouldn't but it's up to you. Occultist/Trickster/Assassin is probably a better ascendancy if you don't have the currency.
Last edited by Purexec on Sep 1, 2016, 1:32:50 PM
"
Purexec wrote:
"
Ramirose wrote:

Quick answer: No, but you don't have to use the expensive unique flasks. Pathfinder is strong even with non-uniques. You just won't be able to do endgame. Personally, I wouldn't but it's up to you. Occultist/Trickster/Assassin is probably a better ascendancy if you don't have the currency.

Thank you for your reply, i thought about trickster, which eventually could be nice CI build, still i probably end up tossing a coin between going BV, or just rolling ED as first character.
I think I'm sold on the idea of C.I. as well. Exchange Master Herbalist for Veteran Bowyer also seems like a smart exchange: The Chaos Resistance from Master Herbalist is useless, and Poison just received a considerable nerf. So that trade definitely (to me) seems like a good idea.

Or indeed you can exchange Master Herbalist for Nature's Boon.
Last edited by Relytz on Sep 1, 2016, 2:43:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info