[2.4 VIDEO] #1 Pathfinder PHC - Blade Vortex flask build. Uber atziri video. Easy lvling

That CI build looks really solid. Early league leveling (at least on HC) might be pretty tough though. It takes about 30-40 respec points to switch from the life variant to that variant, which isn't that bad endgame. Definitely something to consider.
"
Rathke wrote:
"
Cherub23 wrote:

As for theorycrafting: I was thinking alike - with me playing softcore I might switch to CI earlier as you.

I'm on the same boat, and I went ahead and looked at the trees of a lot of high lvl CI Pathfinders, came with this "common" tree for most of them:

http://poeurl.com/Kdo

(There's still a lot of room to add more Jewel/AoE/Duration/Damage/Defense nodes as I see fit in the future, but all of them had this in common)

The big problem with going CI is that you will want to run Disc. In that case, Disc+Hatred will murder your mana. I was thinking about grabbing the Charisma cluster (12% reduced reserve mana), that will leave me with 75%, using a blasphemy too would be crazy (You can do it if you have a high lvl Enlighten and Skyforths... not gonna happen for me), so yeah, can't see when you can justify running blasphemy (except, again, very very high end)

Edit: this is my end-game gem plan:
Spoiler

Controled destraction is a really bad choise imho. I thought make main bw setup like this: bw-added fire-spell echo-increased crit chance-AOE-culling strike. Main priority now is to sustain flasks with surgeon bonus from tree. So reduced CC from CD not an option. Culling strike has nice 10% cast speed and 38% damage increase.
Last edited by AlmostZer0 on Aug 31, 2016, 5:10:37 PM
"
Rathke wrote:
"
Cherub23 wrote:

As for theorycrafting: I was thinking alike - with me playing softcore I might switch to CI earlier as you.

I'm on the same boat, and I went ahead and looked at the trees of a lot of high lvl CI Pathfinders, came with this "common" tree for most of them:

http://poeurl.com/Kdo

(There's still a lot of room to add more Jewel/AoE/Duration/Damage/Defense nodes as I see fit in the future, but all of them had this in common)

The big problem with going CI is that you will want to run Disc. In that case, Disc+Hatred will murder your mana. I was thinking about grabbing the Charisma cluster (12% reduced reserve mana), that will leave me with 75%, using a blasphemy too would be crazy (You can do it if you have a high lvl Enlighten and Skyforths... not gonna happen for me), so yeah, can't see when you can justify running blasphemy (except, again, very very high end)

Edit: this is my end-game gem plan:
Spoiler

Funny - My Tree is looking somewhat the same. I passed the Phys Dmg Cluster and some other things and ended up grabbing 20% reduced Mana from Tree:

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAJuNzqh_ljdMAbyfbced73qNkkQN0373PcjwJJ1iWt-YxKKXBhmKwzr7CZu1Kjgki_bahMUPqxqPFr91_YRv1EK1SOtjES8rCl3yDkgqCxGWcFIHHn_GidOVLpMnjDbw1WwLvorviI_6SVEi9KEvytP5N-wY0NDr9W0ZtAzXz3C7LL9fasMJEVDZW5f06rpGcUmxFde5kzW5GyVSUw18NArhiIau8h2nKx1PS66XlT1fV8k3Zh2qVmPpAkyzKPospq6zRX4gboLHQZYOXFAwHb4FQtD1avozhyycA-4=

With that and a Conqueror's Efficiency I will run Disc/Hatred and as soon as I get my hands on an Enlighten: Herald of Ice(Maybe Artic Armor? Need to test).

Aura Calc:

As for Gems - also have almost the same baseline. I simply miss the forth 4L (Kappa) and will test which 5th and 6th link I will use. The Herald of Ice / Ice Bite sth I wanted to test. Not sure about that.

My Gems:

Spoiler

Before going CI / Mana reserve I will try to do it as hybrid with Vaal Pact / Ghost Reaver and a Health Potion (and Ninjareflexes).
I always play a lot the first weekend so I don't want to make a big Regret-Investment (With the current PF-Hypetrain the flasks will be expensive enough)

Using a Magnate almost fixes the less flask charges problem, and the 2.3 version of this build will still function close to 100% with magnate instead of a rare belt I think.
"
Zaccie wrote:
Using a Magnate almost fixes the less flask charges problem, and the 2.3 version of this build will still function close to 100% with magnate instead of a rare belt I think.

It definitely will. The bigger question is what to do now that you really don't need the huge mana pool.
"
Glick wrote:
"
Zaccie wrote:

It definitely will. The bigger question is what to do now that you really don't need the huge mana pool.

Yeah true, I do think CI is going to be the way to go once you get the gear, especially that new ring leaves the amulet slot open for better stats like crit chance, % ES etc and can definitely be used as a replacement for skyforths if you never manage to get a pair.
I'm wondering why this build opts for Nature's Adrenaline & Master Surgeon, over Nature's Boon and Master Alchemist.

Nature's Boon is so clearly superior to Nature's Adrenaline. 8% elemental mitigation with flask management boosts are better than speed for sure. I'd also argue status ailment immunity has the potential to be better than bleed removal (if you get bleed removal on flask). Also 20% chance to shock/burn/freeze on a build that hits so frequently could give you a potential 40%+ damage increase, and a huge defensive boost through freeze. Perhaps I'm an idiot and I'm no expert, but I'm wondering why he opted for these options for the reasons listed above.

*This build also does a large amount of elemental damage, so the 40% increased elemental damage on Master Alchemist isn't negligible either.
Last edited by Relytz on Aug 31, 2016, 9:47:31 PM
"
Relytz wrote:
I'm wondering why this build opts for Nature's Adrenaline & Master Surgeon, over Nature's Boon and Master Alchemist.

Nature's Boon is so clearly superior to Nature's Adrenaline. 8% elemental mitigation with flask management boosts are better than speed for sure. I'd also argue status ailment immunity has the potential to be better than bleed removal (if you get bleed removal on flask). Also 20% chance to shock/burn/freeze on a build that hits so frequently could give you a potential 40%+ damage increase, and a huge defensive boost through freeze. Perhaps I'm an idiot and I'm no expert, but I'm wondering why he opted for these options for the reasons listed above.

*This build also does a large amount of elemental damage, so the 40% increased elemental damage on Master Alchemist isn't negligible either.

It's not only bleed removal it's also free surgeons for unique flasks.
Also his tree only grabs 6 of 8 points so you are still free to put the other 2 points elsewhere.
Also move speed is pretty important for map clearing.
"
Relytz wrote:

Because Master Surgeon is by itself reason enough to go Pathfinder, and it's what allows you to keep an insane uptime on flasks; you could make the case of dropping the other points to grab Nat's Boom and Alchemist, but you'd never spec out of Master Surgeon on a Pathfinder BV
"
Because Master Surgeon is by itself reason enough to go Pathfinder, and it's what allows you to keep an insane uptime on flasks; you could make the case of dropping the other points to grab Nat's Boom and Alchemist, but you'd never spec out of Master Surgeon on a Pathfinder BV

Alright, I see. So the Master Surgeon's affect is very good for keeping up flasks? Nature's Boon is very appealing to me and it seems OP drops it. What would you remove in exchange for Nature's Boon?

I also forgot to mention that Master Alchemist grants immunity to the status ailment of Vinktar's flask's shock. That's another huge defensive boost.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info