[3.4] The Mistress of Agony - Lowlife BlightDrain Ascendant / Occultist - ALL content viable!

"
goopQ wrote:
Quick question:

Say i wont push further than lvl 94.
Which 6 points would you leave out?
Scion version.

The less important nodes in the build are the 5 ones at the Shadow start (chaos + physical damage), especially if you feel your damage is enough for all content, and the 3 ones in the Nimbleness cluster (pure clearspeed). You can have a fully working guide at level 92 without those 8 nodes. What you take after lvl 92 is up to your personal preferences.
"
djnat wrote:
"
goopQ wrote:
Quick question:

Say i wont push further than lvl 94.
Which 6 points would you leave out?
Scion version.

The less important nodes in the build are the 5 ones at the Shadow start (chaos + physical damage), especially if you feel your damage is enough for all content, and the 3 ones in the Nimbleness cluster (pure clearspeed). You can have a fully working guide at level 92 without those 8 nodes. What you take after lvl 92 is up to your personal preferences.

Ok, the shadow nodes make sense to leave.
But i feel that Nimbleness is important to have.
And that's also the only small thing that's bugging me since i started playing this build:
ED is so slow in castspeed. When you Contagion -> ED, you always have to wait that splitsecond, to make sure the ED projectile is flying. Which is also the reason i linked FC in the ring, instead of Void Manipulation. (might build me another hungry loop, with the original setup though)

This of course only comes into play, when mapping.
Any thoughts?
I consider the Contagion + ED combo pretty fast in the mapping setup (Haste aura + Flesh Offering buff + Onslaught from Elder jewel + extra cast speed from the Necro ascendancy), so I usually take as the last points when leveling the half-cluster of Path of the Savant (4 points, from lvl 88 to 92), then Nimbleness (until lvl 95), then the pure damage points at the Shadow start which I consider a bonus if I want to go up to the highest levels (96+).

I think you'll need Void Maniuplation in the ED setup when mapping in the highest tiers or in Elder runs, when ED does a lot of work in keeping the adds phase manageable.
Excuse me if I'm missing something obvious but how did you get the Deep Wisdom node without taking the int and dex ones before it?
"
merapu wrote:
Excuse me if I'm missing something obvious but how did you get the Deep Wisdom node without taking the int and dex ones before it?

Scion Ascendancy makes you able to jump to the start of other classes. Because he chooses "Path of the Witch" in the Ascendancy it makes him able to allocate points from the Witch start without any connection.
"
0cu87 wrote:
"
merapu wrote:

Scion Ascendancy makes you able to jump to the start of other classes. Because he chooses "Path of the Witch" in the Ascendancy it makes him able to allocate points from the Witch start without any connection.

I did not know that, thank you.
I have a question: How comfortable it is to incorporate MF into this build? With these items I have:

Spoiler

Does Eye of Chayula really that necessary? I have never tried out that ammy before, and since we already got stun immunity from the Occultist ascendancy, it seems redundant if not for the 20% maximum life to ES mod.
That mod alone from PoC is a crazy ton of flat ES and chaos resistance. If you feel comfortable with your ES value with MF gear, btw, you can go for your setup. PoC has a decent rarity bonus on it, too.

Keep in mind that going for stun immunity from the ascendancy is a great DPS loss if you are playing Witch Occultist, because you lose Malediction (third curse, 15% curse effectiveness, about 10% more dmg).

And remember that Item Rarity support can be used in the Contagion setup. That extra rarity will work if Contagion is the first skill you cast on monster / bosses. The first damage over time applied is the one you want to have your MF bonuses on. You can replace Faster casting or Arcane surge support in the Contagion setup if you want to get that extra rarity.
Last edited by djnat on Apr 6, 2018, 1:14:21 PM
"
djnat wrote:
That mod alone from PoC is a crazy ton of flat ES and chaos resistance. If you feel comfortable with your ES value with MF gear, btw, you can go for your setup. PoC has a decent rarity bonus on it, too.

Keep in mind that going for stun immunity from the ascendancy is a great DPS loss if you are playing Witch Occultist, because you lose Malediction (third curse, 15% curse effectiveness, about 10% more dmg).

And remember that Item Rarity support can be used in the Contagion setup. That extra rarity will work if Contagion is the first skill you cast on monster / bosses. The first damage over time applied is the one you want to have your MF bonuses on. You can replace Faster casting or Arcane surge support in the Contagion setup if you want to get that extra rarity.

Thank you for your answer. It looks like Presence of Chayula is mandatory to me now :)

I was looking for a relatively fast map clearer which can utilize all of those surplus item I have in my stash, so one more question, how much better for mapping is the Scion version compare to the Witch version?

I've tried Contagion with IIR before, not worth it though. The QoL Faster Casting provide is just so good to me :) Gonna need a 5l for that.
Last edited by camapngu133 on Apr 7, 2018, 1:00:36 AM
Hey djnat,

I followed your guide during Harbinger, after getting overly frustrated with my MoM Trickster. Life gears were quite expensive back then, and going LL - post nerf - allowed me to do some end game content. After that, I went to the dark side, and made a GC Miner...

(You might actually want to have a look at the Miner thread, as they started going the LL scion route recently. And, I'm pretty sure it could be further improved.)

Back on topic, one of my friends has been playing a Volatile Dead build with indigon. Since most of the dmg is coming from the helmet, he almost picked only life and mana nodes from his tree. If I remember well, he should have around 7K mana. Also, he doesn't use crit, which sounded extremely familiar... So, it got me wondering if indigon + double apep's rage could be used in an ED build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info