[3.4] The Mistress of Agony - Lowlife BlightDrain Ascendant / Occultist - ALL content viable!

Hello i was playing your build, but i wasn't sure about that Necro-subclass so i did some small changes
and switched to Tri curse occultist-subclass version with Impresence as my amulet.I have to say that i dont think its slower, with this setup our curses are literaly disabling mobs from the game and also we have more ES regen.I highly suggest everyone to try this -its super fun also the debuff from impresence looks amazing :D Im still improving this character i need watcher's eye,gem lvls and enchants.
Im leaving link to my character so everyone can look at it and maybe try this version.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/FAKEBOYY/characters

@djnat I thought maybe u can add this "version" to your guide it might be helpfull to some people.
"
Hello , thx for build.

Can i buy 2 Watcher's Eye , first with onslaught/hast (50 chaos) and the second ES/discipline (1exa) ?

No, because Watcher's Eye is limited to 1. So you want to have both the aura mods on the same jewel to make use of them.

@FAKEBOYYY: when I get home from work I'll see your pick in details and I'll let you know. :)
Anyway to make this build work without essence worm right ring?
"
ntencex wrote:
Anyway to make this build work without essence worm right ring?

The only way is using Allelopathy in the gloves slot, but single target damage from Blight is about 23% weaker and you lose some ES too.
I'll be running this build again as the occultist for bestiary!

If you're interested more in the build as it levels, ill be running it on my stream and attempting to take it to the endgame!

Jkurs on twitch, come and join the action . :)
Hey Jkurs, welcome back here!

Happy to know you will re-play the MoA in Bestiary too! Occultist is very strong in this content, if you want to try the super endgame bosses rather than focusing on pure mapping, it's probably the best choice! I wish GGG fixes the bad interaction between Contagion and Profane Bloom in the future... so mapping will be a lot faster.
Last edited by djnat on Mar 16, 2018, 6:09:54 PM
"
djnat wrote:
Hey Jkurs, welcome back here!

Happy to know you will re-play the MoA in Bestiary too! Occultist is very strong in this content, if you want to try the super endgame bosses rather than focusing on pure mapping, it's probably the best choice! I wish GGG fixes the bad interaction between Contagion and Profane Bloom in the future... so mapping will be a lot faster.

Yea, it would definitely be nice, I was contemplating making the Scion as its averages based on your scoring system seemed better overall. I think the Occultist will still be pretty decent for clear speed -- after all, it is still an essence drain build :)
Essence Drain with the 3.2 Scion is the fastest map clearing version I have played so far. Occultist cannot compete, the difference is really huge. Shadow Trickster is pretty fast too, but Scion got the Necromancer thing which is awesome for general speed!
"
djnat wrote:
Essence Drain with the 3.2 Scion is the fastest map clearing version I have played so far. Occultist cannot compete, the difference is really huge. Shadow Trickster is pretty fast too, but Scion got the Necromancer thing which is awesome for general speed!

Maybe i'll have to roll them both at some point, just depends but my focus is more for bosses as to why I chose occultist. I dont mind going a bit slower on maps as long as I can roast bosses with pity and despair ;) haha

My biggest concern will be for bestiary mobs, those things are annoyingly tanky.
"
djnat wrote:
You really need two things to see your damage skyrocket:

1. The Hungry loop with the proper ED setup
2. At least a 5L for Blight (when you get the currencies for a 6L, the last gem will be a lvl 4 Empower)

Blight is very important in single target, that's why you are struggling with red bestiary mobs & map bosses. Essence Drain isn't enough for that purpose. If you look at my Uul-Netol video in the main post of the guide, you can clearly see that Blight is doing the job a lot more than ED.

An update - things certainly skyrocketed once I had my Hungry Loop setup (also allowing me to run Haste), and I've been pretty happy with the build's performance up to Shaper Guardians and red Elder (haven't kept the Shaper alive during the latter, but I'm levelling a Frost Wall in my off-hand to test out). Burned a good chunk of my currency getting a Presence of Chayula (selling off 1k Jewellers Orbs, sextants etc) so I'm now saving up to replace helm/gloves (& possibly juggling jewels/ring to balance stats & resists) before looking to 6L my Shavs. Gems are at 19/20, with a few duplicates in the offhand - out of Blight, Essence Drain and Contagion, which is the priority for 21/20? Or would e.g. a 20/23 Temporal Chains be more important?

For the 6L Blight setup, if you don't have access to a L4 Empower, what would the best substitutes be - L3 Empower, or would ... IDK, Decay work out?

Also, any thoughts on Aspect of the Spider as a substitute for Enfeeble?

Occasionally think I should swap the Blight & ED setups between chest & ring while mapping - multiple "allies cannot die" make me want to swap Pierce into the ED setup, and likewise inc movement speed map-mod chimerals or other hopping things make me feel like I'm blink & drunk playing darts, and that maybe LMP might help out =p

Spoiler

Last edited by Haasts on Mar 19, 2018, 7:40:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info