[3.4] The Mistress of Agony - Lowlife BlightDrain Ascendant / Occultist - ALL content viable!

"
Tartoffel wrote:
Hi, u seem to be the most dedicated Ed Player.

I wanted to Play Ed this league and wondering wich build to use:
Oculist LL/CI ?
Trickster MoM?
Scrion with Oculist +Raider/Deadeye/Trickster?

I want to be able to kill Bosses and have a decent clearspeed.
Can u add a in-depth section in the Guide for the different class choices?

I´m rly excited toplay ED :D - always wanted to !

Hello!

Currently, after the Wither nerf, ED has lost some of its potential in single target situations. That potential can be almost entirely regained by using the new Despair curse. You can apply it via Witchfire Brew (in the Occultist version) or choose to be a bit less defensive (in the Scion version) and replace Enfeeble with it.

ED's clearspeed is very good at the moment because the AOE is fantastic and you can destroy entire screens of mob with the Contagion + ED combo easily.

Going life based is simple if you plan to play ED as your league starter because life items with mana to go MoM are pretty cheap to obtain. And nowadays, it's easier to get ED / Blight head enchantments on lifebased items, because going ES-based isn't super giga meta anymore.

The only thing I don't like about ED at the moment is the pretty low damage output against endgame bosses. Sadly, in single target, after the removal of double dipping mechanics, ED has become a support of Blight, and a lot of builds focus on Blight damage to kill bosses, using Allelopathy gloves with a dedicated Blight setup inside.

In the end, it's a matter of personal preference. Blight + ED is more effective when talking about pure single target, and going lifebased with MoM is good even if it comes at a little survivability cost when compared to 10.5-11k ES builds.

I'll add in the weekend a section with the details about the different class choices. Stay tuned! :)
Last edited by djnat on Jan 4, 2018, 8:32:51 AM
Ok i made a scion and am still in the lvl process.
Why so many Aura nodes?
Why do u go for lowlife?
mainly for the pain attunement? why the Haste Aura?
What do u think about a life/MoM build with Kaoms and the new Cane of the Unravelling?

In this weekend I am working about how to play lowlife ED (+Blight, eventually) properly.

I've deployed new PoB pastebins for the ones interested. I think that it will be the best possible ED / Blight iteration when going lowlife.

Witch Occultist PoB pastebin: https://pastebin.com/D60PgSBN

Ascendant PoB pastebin: https://pastebin.com/s8uj6Wk1

The idea is using some new uniques (Hungry Loop / Elder jewel) to gain power.

We still make use of a 5L ED (in the new unique ring) to clear maps fast. We are lowlife (and Occultist) so the damage of a 5L ED is still better than the one of any non-Occultist or non-Ascendant lifebased build. The clearspeed is still good because we use the Haste aura + Shield Charge + a quicksilver flask to navigate maps.

We use a 6L Blight (in the Shav) to help ED with the single target damage in the hardest fights.

The total max damage achievable is way over one million DPS at Shaper / Guardians if we sum ED + Blight with Wither stacks running (959926 Blight DPS + 179550 ED DPS).

The Elder jewel is completely optional but it can add some good survivability to the character.

I don't know why but PoB doesn't seem to save correctly that jewel's stats. The best combo would be faster start of ES recharge while affected by Discipline + mana gained as extra ES while affected by Clarity. Having both properties on Watcher's Eye, btw, costs a large amount of currencies (90+ exalteds), having one of the two is more than enough. I'd prioritize the faster start of ES recharge if it was my choice.

Voidwalker boots can be removed if playing with Blight, because that spell alone is enough to eliminate the immunity totem / allies cannot be killed issue.

The Essence Surge notable can be removed when owning the Elder jewel, or if the survivability is considered enough without that notable. Those 4 points are better invested in Zealot's Oath to have it as baseline and not only while flasked. Sorrow of the Divine is removed too, so we can replace it with a 4-uses Sulphur flask with curse immunity on it.

Keep in mind that this pastebin, like the ones I present in the first post of the build, has to be considered like a template. The items used in this simulation are mirror-worthy because I like to explore how far a build can go with insane investments, but you don't need those kind of items at all to make it work in PoE's endgame.
Last edited by djnat on Jan 7, 2018, 4:35:18 PM
"
Tartoffel wrote:
Ok i made a scion and am still in the lvl process.
Why so many Aura nodes?
Why do u go for lowlife?
mainly for the pain attunement? why the Haste Aura?
What do u think about a life/MoM build with Kaoms and the new Cane of the Unravelling?

Lowlife is used to gain 30% MORE damage with spells.

Aura nodes are insane, they give us a lot of things:

- More mana regen with Clarity
- More ES with Discipline
- More speed with Haste
- Less mana reservation
- More RADIUS for our blasphemy curses

Haste aura is insane for the clearspeed, since it affects Shield Charge two times (movement speed and attack speed).

Life builds are better played with Shadow Trickster in my opinion. That ascendancy is designed and balanced very well around the ED / Blight gameplay.
Last edited by djnat on Jan 6, 2018, 3:45:37 PM
The whole guide will receive a massive update in the next days to incorporate the new ED + Blight playstyle and the new items from 3.1.

Stay tuned!
i´m looking forward to it !
thx alot!
The whole build has been completely modified and revised.

Passive tree(s) have been reworked, and the gear / gems / flasks sections have been updated too.

Tomorrow I'll add a short comparison between Ascendant, Occultist and Trickster to the guide.

Stay tuned!

How long does it take to build up the hungry loop with the supports? Seems like it’d take a long time.
You can level up gems in 2nd weapon set simultaneously until they has reached 99% of 19 lvl. Then throw they into the ring one by one completing the last 1%.
Would it be viable to play a build more focused around stacking abyss jewels? There are currently abyss jewels that:

add chaos dmg to spells
add chaos dmg to spells while holding shield
% increased damage over time while holding a shield

They are really pretty cheap too. My problem with ED in the past is that there is very little flat damage added to spells, so this may be a fix. We could use tombfist, lightpoacher, shroud, etc to stack a ton of flat chaos dmg, and it may be more powerful than the traditional ED build. If anyone is ambitious enough to investigate this, I would be interested to know.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info