[3.4] The Mistress of Agony - Lowlife BlightDrain Ascendant / Occultist - ALL content viable!

The problem with Abyss jewels is that their flat chaos damage modifiers don't affect damage over time of our skills (ED, Blight, Contagion) at all. So they are near to useless in a pure DoT build like this one. "Classic" jewels with three damage modifiers plus ES% are still BIS for us.
Would you mind making your profile not private, djnat?
Also, what do you mean with the 5l ring? I am litterally confused
"
AroXa wrote:

I prefer keeping my profile private, sorry.

This new ring allows to have a 5L setup in the ring slot.

As you can read in the ring mechanics' section:

The Hungry Loop consumes socketed support gems when they reach maximum level. Simply socketing a gem that already has the maximum level is not enough, the gem needs to be socketed in the ring before actually leveling the gem (by clicking the "+") to its maximum level for the ring consume the gem. Consequently all consumed gems can only result in a modifier of their natural maximum level; the +1 gem level effect from corruption can not be achieved since the Vaal Orb needs to be used after the gem hit its maximum level.

When a support gem is consumed, the Hungry Loop gains a modifier that supports socketed skill gems with the maximum level of the consumed support. Gem quality is ignored. The Hungry Loop can consume up to four different support gems.
"
djnat wrote:
"
AroXa wrote:

I prefer keeping my profile private, sorry.

This new ring allows to have a 5L setup in the ring slot.

As you can read in the ring mechanics' section:

The Hungry Loop consumes socketed support gems when they reach maximum level. Simply socketing a gem that already has the maximum level is not enough, the gem needs to be socketed in the ring before actually leveling the gem (by clicking the "+") to its maximum level for the ring consume the gem. Consequently all consumed gems can only result in a modifier of their natural maximum level; the +1 gem level effect from corruption can not be achieved since the Vaal Orb needs to be used after the gem hit its maximum level.

When a support gem is consumed, the Hungry Loop gains a modifier that supports socketed skill gems with the maximum level of the consumed support. Gem quality is ignored. The Hungry Loop can consume up to four different support gems.

thats a nice ring for sure
I am leveling the witch version of this build in Abyss.

Currently level 78, and growing fast.

The hungry loop is AMAZING. I'm easily annihilating T10 maps at the moment with the ED + Contagion + Blight arsenal.

I bought a Watcher's Eye with faster start of ES recharge while affected by Discipline + Onslaught on kill while affected by Haste. It's fantastic to have perma-onslaught while mapping, the boost to clearspeed is superb. The faster start (up to 40%, my jewel has 38%) is an immense survivability boost.

Despair is very strong too for trash clearing.

Despite the Wither nerf, the build feels way stronger than in 3.0!
"
djnat wrote:
I am leveling the witch version of this build in Abyss.

Currently level 78, and growing fast.

The hungry loop is AMAZING. I'm easily annihilating T10 maps at the moment with the ED + Contagion + Blight arsenal.

I bought a Watcher's Eye with faster start of ES recharge while affected by Discipline + Onslaught on kill while affected by Haste. It's fantastic to have perma-onslaught while mapping, the boost to clearspeed is superb. The faster start (up to 40%, my jewel has 38%) is an immense survivability boost.

Despair is very strong too for trash clearing.

Despite the Wither nerf, the build feels way stronger than in 3.0!

Can confirm I got that exact watcher’s eye and filled out my hungry loop and I’m flying through content at this point with fairly subpar gear (char is EthicsTeacher). After a few easy upgrades I’ll be even more durable. Thx for the updated build Nat.
Added a quick class comparison table to the guide in section 2, so anyone can look at the potential of ED playing when deciding to choose a specific ascendancy.
I haven't visited the Scion forums in a while, so I hadn't seen your take on the LL Scion post 3.1 yet. Have your run some PoB calcs to see how much damage this setup can produce? I really like the implementation of Hungry Loop, as most rings are pretty bad for ES based builds these days.

I have been itching to go LL again, but I am still not entirely convinced LL is worth it without legacy gear.
"
Nedieth wrote:
I haven't visited the Scion forums in a while, so I hadn't seen your take on the LL Scion post 3.1 yet. Have your run some PoB calcs to see how much damage this setup can produce? I really like the implementation of Hungry Loop, as most rings are pretty bad for ES based builds these days.

I have been itching to go LL again, but I am still not entirely convinced LL is worth it without legacy gear.

Yes, I ran several PoB setups to see some numbers before running a new character. Since I can't avoid playing one or two ED characters per league, I started an Occultist some days ago to try some items I only own in Abyss (like the Elder jewel which I consider a real monster for LL ED builds).

ATM I am level 90 with 9100 ES with mediocre ES rolls on my sorcerer boots and hubris. I don't know if I want to spend massive currency amounts to go past 10k because I already own much better ES gear in Standard, we'll see.

As to PoB numbers, Scion version can go up to 164k ED + 876k Blight on Shaper/Guardians fights in ideal conditions (i.e. 15 Wither stacks, Arcane surge up) with perfected gear. That's over 1M combined DPS. With very good gear and jewels 800k+ combined DPS is pretty realistic, especially at Minotaur and Hydra fights which are pretty easy to face-tank.

Witch Occultist version has even better numbers. 180k ED + 960k Blight with perfected gear, i.e. 1.14M combined DPS in ideal conditions. 1M is perfectly doable, the only things which can carry the damage to perfection are a chaos damage roll via essence on ring and a very high spell damage roll on the spirit shield, or triple damage modded jewels with %ES which are incredibly rare to find in Abyss league.
Last edited by djnat on Jan 26, 2018, 5:05:04 PM
"
QUICK CLASS COMPARISON

To explain the table, A = excellent, B = good, C = not that good.

"
As to PoB numbers, Scion version can go up to 164k ED + 876k Blight on Shaper/Guardians fights in ideal conditions (i.e. 15 Wither stacks, Arcane surge up) with perfected gear. That's over 1M combined DPS. With very good gear and jewels 800k+ combined DPS is pretty realistic, especially at Minotaur and Hydra fights which are pretty easy to face-tank.

Witch Occultist version has even better numbers. 180k ED + 960k Blight with perfected gear, i.e. 1.14M combined DPS in ideal conditions. 1M is perfectly doable, the only things which can carry the damage to perfection are a chaos damage roll via essence on ring and a very high spell damage roll on the spirit shield, or triple damage modded jewels with %ES which are incredibly rare to find in Abyss league.

Is Occultist better in map clearing speed or on par compared to Ascendant?
Since Occultist version has better DPS as quoted above?

Are you going to make another LL Blight/ED character for next league?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info