[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice EleRaider - Viable for Everything

Hi there, i just returned to PoE after over 2 years and want to level with this build. My question is, does the latest SR-CwC switch also affect the leveling guide or is it only relevant in the later endgame?
"
restartonline wrote:
thoughts on incorporating

Losing up to 116 Int on Astramentis would ruin the build.
"
I'm playing with the idea of CwC + SR, and it seems insanely more responsive. Was looking at the tradeoff of
vs
....is Pyre better?

Pyre (and 2 skill points + better DPS gem than CtF) works better for the other versions and for the Scion until about lv 90 and decent gear. But then the Scion gets high enough Int where Perandus results in higher DPS from Int, and it's always higher ES too.

The switch to SR+CwC looks very probable. It works really well for the classes that don't get casting speed bonuses (Marauder and Scion). I'm still on the fence about the Witch and especially the Templar because they already cast pretty fast, but Marauder is going with CwC already and I'm planning to switch the Scion after I get to test it.

That's also when I'll re-check the choice of AoF-CtF vs Pyre. The results with SR-CwC may affect it.

Either way, for leveling SR-CwC is fantastic. The main change is that you switch to CI and start using WI at lv 39 instead of 33 because CwC requires lv 38 and that's just 1 level away from 39 where you can use Icetomb which is awesome for leveling. Just save 3 points and start moving towards Arcane Focus, same as before, but wait till lv 39 to switch.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Dec 29, 2016, 12:55:37 PM
I am -LOVING- the swap to SCorching Ray and CWC. Standing in the middle of a breach and laser pew pewing in a circle and watching things melt is fantastic.

Here's my take on it, slightly modified for HC. I just like to remain fully resistance capped after ele weakness, so that will be my next set of things to work on, gearwise.

W/ Enduring Cry, I can quickly get max endurance charges and I find myself more or less stun immune all the time. I just hit 72 in about a day, so the gear is very mediocre/budget, I ripped a 6L +1 delirium ED bow character that all my currency went into, so I've got literally 3 chaos left at the moment after buying this stuff. Jewels have gotten -very- expensive sadly, Fertile Mind/Brute Force can be purchased for cheap if you can snag them the instant they're posted on xyz, but other than that, people are posting them for 7-10c.

Spoiler

I can now change my freeze flask to smoethign else, just got my merciless ascendancy.

Thanks again Kelvynn for some great ideas and theorycrafting !
IGN- Vyvanne | Voxxvi (Tempest League)
Vyvanne's Odds and Bods Boutique - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1311497
"This is just going to be an alt, no need to spend much"

...27 levels later...

"Hm, where'd that 3ex go?"
sry, i play poe not for so long, but what is elenaut?
"
Malmyg4 wrote:
sry, i play poe not for so long, but what is elenaut?

Ascendant: Elementalist + Juggernaut.
I just want to check in for some advice on what to do next, here is my current gear:

I currently have an exalt and maybe 20-25c and am not sure what the next steps are for the build. Currently sitting at just over 6k es, which feels a bit low. I could upgrade the belt/gloves/boots, but should I 5link my current body, or buy a new one first?

ALso, I have pretty much been running tier 7-8 maps, what content should I focus on after upgrading my stuff a bit?

edit: forgot to mention, level 82
Last edited by snowman41 on Jan 4, 2017, 3:47:57 AM
"
snowman41 wrote:
I just want to check in for some advice on what to do next, here is my current gear:
Spoiler

I currently have an exalt and maybe 20-25c and am not sure what the next steps are for the build. Currently sitting at just over 6k es, which feels a bit low. I could upgrade the belt/gloves/boots, but should I 5link my current body, or buy a new one first?

ALso, I have pretty much been running tier 7-8 maps, what content should I focus on after upgrading my stuff a bit?

edit: forgot to mention, level 82

6k ES is fine for any maps up to T13-14. But you need to complete the build, you are close to that.

Your gloves are useless, zero Int. Find something with Int.

Chest and boots could use an upgrade too, but not as much as the gloves.

Since you are using the belt just to max resists (which is OK to do), you can find one with more resists if you need them. But try looking for a Crystal belt. If you can't find one with resists, you can try rolling one yourself. Belts have very few possible mods, it's not hard to roll what you need.
Ok, got some new gloves:
. I have a Shrieking essence of Spite, that I could use to craft a belt, but I am really somewhat low on resists if I dont get any on the new belt.

Ill see about replacing the boots and body, Ill need to farm up some currency for the body.
So, I just hit level 80. Tried following the guide but I went with SR+CwC so I didn't grab avatar of fire and I didn't go to unwavering since I got the juggernaut ascendancy. Currently I have 1316 int, and I'm using pyre and a doedre's ring. My icestorm dps is 2610 with item rarity linked in instead of conc; 4153 DPS with conc. My question is, should I grab avatar of fire, link in cold-to-fire and swap my pyre for perandus signet?

Could you check out my gear, tree and staff links and let me know what I should change, if anything? My profile should be open, character name is ChiefRunningSnail.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info