[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice EleRaider - Viable for Everything

why is whispering ice so cheap now? 2 leagues ago it was quite expensive, now its literally worth nothing... and the item didn't get nerfed, right?
"
Booed wrote:
why is whispering ice so cheap now? 2 leagues ago it was quite expensive, now its literally worth nothing... and the item didn't get nerfed, right?

Because...

Guys, this league is your chance to make something amazing using this build!

Check out these prophecies:

A Whispered Prayer
You will encounter a powerful Frost Priest who will drop a unique item when slain.
Reward: The Whispering Ice

Lost in the Pages
You will encounter a powerful Undying Archivist who will drop a unique item when slain.
Location: Act 3 - The Catacombs, Act 3 - The Library, Act 3 - The Archives
Reward: Astramentis

This is why WI and Astras are cheap as dirt in this league.

But that's not all! When you can farm/buy Astramentis so easily, it means you can make THIS:

And it means you can wear two Perandus Signets for a massive Int/ES/DPS bonus while still using 3 curses! Or, until you obtain them, save 4 tree nodes and achieve your goals 4 levels earlier.

BEST. LEAGUE. EVER.
well, WI has been quite cheap in the leagues before, so...
but the astramentis prophecy is a good catch. Im definitely gonna get a +1 curse astramentis myself this league. the setup with +1 curse astramentis and double perandus signet is far and away BiS for this build. actually, I was planning to work towards this goal late in the league, but with the prophecy, its gonna come so so so much cheaper than I thought. :)

btw Kelv, are you playing scion eleraider or elementalist this league?
Last edited by Black_Gun on Jun 7, 2016, 3:14:33 AM
where u find info about prophecies quests and rewards?
Do you think its worth switching to CI that early when playing in HC?
I wouldn't recommend it to be honest.

I switched early and struggled a bit with normal a4, only self found gear but still I wouldn't have had such a hard time if I didn't take CI. Probably due to low ES (±1000) and struggling with mana with only 4 sockets on WI.

Of course, I spend 4 respec points already and didn't first test if CI was doable :p

When I reached cruel a1 it went smooth onwards. I would wait until 40's/50's with a decent ES pool
"
Bruderhase wrote:
I wouldn't recommend it to be honest.

I switched early and struggled a bit with normal a4, only self found gear but still I wouldn't have had such a hard time if I didn't take CI. Probably due to low ES (±1000) and struggling with mana with only 4 sockets on WI.

Of course, I spend 4 respec points already and didn't first test if CI was doable :p

When I reached cruel a1 it went smooth onwards. I would wait until 40's/50's with a decent ES pool

How much ES would you recommend?
How evoide elemental reflect becouse i dead from single rare mob in 2 seconds 2 times..
hello, I am in new league and lack of currency right now,

can it be 2 groups of 4 link to set the curses?

thanks
"
Black_Gun wrote:
btw Kelv, are you playing scion eleraider or elementalist this league?

In Prophecy I'm going to play the Witch version. I did the Scion in Perandus. Wasn't planning on a WI at all this league, but the buffs to Elementalist are nice enough, and now it's raining Astramentises too! :))

"
iTurkas wrote:
where u find info about prophecies quests and rewards?

I started suspecting something was going on when I saw Astra for 4c on day two of the league. And now the Wiki has the infos:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Prophecy

"
Skaithakk wrote:
Do you think its worth switching to CI that early when playing in HC?

Absolutely no! You still have to get thru Daresso and Malachai on Normal and Cruel, and they are kinda mean. HC is super careful playstyle and outleveling the content by at least 10 levels. For HC I think you should stay Life until like lv 75 and don't take Ghost Reaver, leech Life instead of ES. And use Life gear, etc. But I'm not an expert in HC. You probably want to ask in HC forum.

"
iTurkas wrote:
How evoide elemental reflect becouse i dead from single rare mob in 2 seconds 2 times..

See the Troubleshooting section:
"
Problem: Dying to rares with elemental reflect.
Cause: You are trying to range kill them.
Solution: Tank them and keep them within your aura. Leap Slam onto them to get Fortify (it works against reflected damage). In higher maps you need AA (and Enlighten). Bring a Ruby flask too.

"
hkbutubaman wrote:
hello, I am in new league and lack of currency right now,

can it be 2 groups of 4 link to set the curses?

thanks

Just don't use Temp Chains until you can get 5L chest.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jun 7, 2016, 7:02:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info