[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice EleRaider - Viable for Everything

"
"
Skaithakk wrote:
Do you think its worth switching to CI that early when playing in HC?

Absolutely no! You still have to get thru Daresso and Malachai on Normal and Cruel, and they are kinda mean. HC is super careful playstyle and outleveling the content by at least 10 levels. For HC I think you should stay Life until like lv 75 and don't take Ghost Reaver, leech Life instead of ES. And use Life gear, etc. But I'm not an expert in HC. You probably want to ask in HC forum.

Think you can make up a tree for me with life :)?

I would like you too add that there is
these boots are cheap as hell and have int and massive move speed boost(always wia CI).
"
Crimsonyd wrote:
I would like you too add that there is
these boots are cheap as hell and have int and massive move speed boost(always wia CI).

Extra 5% move speed is absolutely not worth the terrible stats (low ES, no resists). These low level boots are good only for twinking at lv 33, but should be replaced by something better by lv 54-57 when you switch to fire damage in A4 Cruel.
"
Extra 5% move speed is absolutely not worth the terrible stats (low ES, no resists). These low level boots are good only for twinking at lv 33, but should be replaced by something better by lv 54-57 when you switch to fire damage in A4 Cruel.

Ofc i mean leveling purposes)
I play in HC and made a Whispering Ice character on my second char after I died stupidly at about 68 or so. You can get a lot of budget gear for very cheaply.

The way I do my leveling is buying twink gear to level with attacks to act 4, and then I switch over to Bladefall once I hit lvl 31 and can equip Blasphemy. While untwinked/first character casters typically level faster, with cheap level uniques and some bargain item hunting, cleave/sweep is much, much faster.

First six points go to Harrier to get the extra move speed, then the jewel socket. Next few points take the resist nodes. When you hit lvl 10, put that point into the int node next to Harrier, and from there on, work your way to the scion life wheel (or box now I guess), putting points into int as you need it. Note that since you'll be spending three points getting Foresight, take that into account if you need more int to level clarity and whatnot.

From there it's pretty straightforward, get AoE, fill out the rest of the life nodes. I use cleave to level 12 with 2x Redbeak and then 2x Screaming Eagle. At 12, equip sweep (you'll need to buy this gem from someone as scion does not get it, continue using cleave until lvl 18. That's when you can equip a Tabula, Wideswing, and lvl 18 support gems. Sweep, Added Fire, Melee Phys, WED, Phys to Lit, and Faster Attacks. If you can , find some cheap dual damage affix/suffix jewels to help boost damage. There's a bunch of great 2h uniques you can use to 31, at which point you can put in Blasphemy and switch to wands and use Bladefall.

I then BF up to lvl 70 in dried lake. ALong the way I shop for bargain deals and put together a full set of gear - Auxium, int/resist rares, etc. This should take you exactly 24 regret points, all obtainable from quests, to switch to the regular CI build. If you want to take some extra life nodes/respec the jewel node next to MoM, you'll have to use a couple of regrets.

The only thing to keep in mind is that by merciless, you are going to be kind of low on life, between 2000-2500. Merc a4 is doable with this, but you'll need absolutely need a granite flask and 100% will need an instant hp flask. Be careful when doing things like trials or dangerous areas w/ devourers or other hard hitting monsters, you can be blown up very quickly. Look for gear with high hp every 10 levels or so- 30s, 40s, then 50s.

On my current char I'm almost lvl 85, breezing through content. Gear below, at 7900 ES with very mediocre gear since it's early on in the league, but still loving it.

Spoiler
IGN- Vyvanne | Voxxvi (Tempest League)
Vyvanne's Odds and Bods Boutique - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1311497
Last edited by Vyvanne on Jun 9, 2016, 10:04:51 PM
Thanks, Vyvanne! I'll add a link to your post to the Q&A section.
Thanks very much! Happy to contribute to my favorite build in the game :)

I've been meaning to write a full fledged power leveling guide for some time. As one who is the kind of person to alch a map and go "this looks insane. LET'S SEE IF I CAN DO THIS WITHOUT DYING" and then promptly splattering myself to a 3 damage mod Jungle Valley boss, I spend a lot of my time re-leveling chars, but I don't mind. I can get a char to maps easily within 6-7 hours or so, faster if I am playing an attack based character (hint- earthquake is op!). When/if I get around to it, I'll post a link here too to help folks playing on the hc side/having difficulty leveling as ci!

Out of curiosity, has anyone done Uber izaro yet? He hits quite hard, not sure if this build can facetank it yet.
IGN- Vyvanne | Voxxvi (Tempest League)
Vyvanne's Odds and Bods Boutique - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1311497
"
Vyvanne wrote:
Thanks very much! Happy to contribute to my favorite build in the game :)

I've been meaning to write a full fledged power leveling guide for some time. As one who is the kind of person to alch a map and go "this looks insane. LET'S SEE IF I CAN DO THIS WITHOUT DYING" and then promptly splattering myself to a 3 damage mod Jungle Valley boss, I spend a lot of my time re-leveling chars, but I don't mind. I can get a char to maps easily within 6-7 hours or so, faster if I am playing an attack based character (hint- earthquake is op!). When/if I get around to it, I'll post a link here too to help folks playing on the hc side/having difficulty leveling as ci!

Out of curiosity, has anyone done Uber izaro yet? He hits quite hard, not sure if this build can facetank it yet.

already did uber lab, he hits hard, but without buffs its easy to facetank him. even with buffs, its possible.
I did at 92lvl. Facetank :)
when can I try lab? I get melted on lab against Argus

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info