Cheap Prolif Flameblast, HC viable - 2.3 updated

"
EmptyPalms wrote:
"
Dasidarius wrote:
So I decided to go with this build as my first character this league.

I can definitely see the power of it, my clearing times are good, but I'm level 71 and I'm dying, A LOT. If I blink in a map I'm dead, which doesn't seem right.

The problem I'm having is I don't know what my problem is. My resists are all maxxed. I have 3700ish life. I know I need new boots and my defenses in general aren't very good but I feel like I shouldn't still be getting one shot at this point.

I could use any help to get things moving in the right direction. Thanks.

Currently level 77 using this build. I believe I'm sitting at about 4.4k hp and 500 es.

I noticed that I was very squishy until I started running a Basalt Flask, finished my Lightning Warp links, and finished my CWDT links. After all of those I was able to survive much better.

Gear:
Spoiler

I want to work in Blasphemy + Warlord's Mark for endurance charges I believe. Still need to get my 2nd Elreon ring. I'm using Clarity + Arctic Armor + Flamability on reserve at the moment.
Chance to ignite is such a waste in my opinion, Shaper of Desolation is more than enough to ignite enemies 100%, I would replace it with ele prolif if I were you
"
Dasidarius wrote:
This is my gear currently. I know it is atrocious.

Spoiler

Main difference I see is that I am using Cloak of Flame + RotP. This combined with arctic armor makes physical hits a lot less on me.

This is probably gonna be the end point for me tree wise(normally stop around 90).

I decided to path through Practical Application. While leveling I noticed that I was getting chain stunned and die while channeling Flameblast at times. I currently still have Flame Walker but may spec out of that once I get some nice jewels.

I also think I will drop the Barbarism and Juggernaut nodes and pathing. I think I'll be content running RotP shield and get other nodes sooner.

Planning to take Mastermind of Discord when possible.

Can Sivluu comment on Practical Application?

EDIT:

"
Ishamz wrote:
Chance to ignite is such a waste in my opinion, Shaper of Desolation is more than enough to ignite enemies 100%, I would replace it with ele prolif if I were you

Sorry, I run the setup as Sivluu recommends. I swapped in Conc and Chance to Ignite for Izaro. I am running with Increased AoE instead of Conc, and Prolif instead of Chance to Ignite.
IGN: EmptyPalms
Last edited by EmptyPalms on Jun 6, 2016, 12:12:02 PM
Isn't liege of primordial a decent Ascendancy path? I mean from the reading you are gaining 60% (20% base + 40% fire from node) more damage, and an additional 18% cast speed buff.
can we use this in SC normal prophecy league ?

"
tkilic94 wrote:
can we use this in SC normal prophecy league ?

Yes, I am using it so far to lvl 77 and it is great. :D

EDIT:

What do you guys think about using this tree? (Softcore)

I'm not very familiar with MoM, but the plan would be a mix of version 2 and 3 with EB ZO added in.

Run 2 curses with enlighten, possibly with Heretic's Veil. This will free up mana and allow us to cast off ES partially.

Cons
Spoiler
Loss of Arctic Armor/PoF possiblity
Loss of life in Helmet slot
Dropping 2 Jewel slots to maintain my endgame level goal
Does not pick up Skittering Runes for curse effectiveness
Not sure of effectiveness of MoM assisted by EB+ZO
IGN: EmptyPalms
Last edited by EmptyPalms on Jun 6, 2016, 3:58:22 PM
I'm thinking about if "Jaggernaut" node is really viable in this build, yes its life, but you don't make profit about % armor, only if you're using granite flask, what do you think about that?

Replacement, for example, can be "Arsonist" node, and you've and extra point also.

Thanks for your build, its awesome bro!
You can of course do that, but you need to ask yourself whether it's worth trading 14% life for some damage which we already have plenty of :P
CET Timezone
Why do you run Purity of Fire? Just for the fire res? Wouldn't it be better to run, for example anger?
"
Why do you run Purity of Fire? Just for the fire res? Wouldn't it be better to run, for example anger?

You really, really don't need more damage with Flameblast. Purity of Fire is massively useful in preventing a reflect rip and in making your Cloak of Flames effect stronger. Anger would just add a bit of fire damage which does nothing when you're overkilling packs anyways. It might save you 1 Flameblast cast on a boss, maybe.
Last edited by Glick on Jun 6, 2016, 11:32:33 PM
This build is interesting but my biggest issue by far so far is mana. with 60% mana reserved and not even running purity of fire yet, I'm having some trouble. I don't have all 3 mana cost reduc jewels yet, just 1. I will also get 1 eleron ring. Are those 2 jewels and eleron ring enough to make me not need to mana pot frequently?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info