Cheap Prolif Flameblast, HC viable - 2.3 updated

Hi guys,

I am planning to play this build in the future. I have some questions regarding the mana cost of FB:

- Are really 3 pieces of Elreon jewellery with -8 needed to get 0 mona cost on FB?
- Or would it be possible to get 2 Elreon rings and a Stone of Lazhwar amulet? If yes, how much 'reduced mana cost of skill' do I have to get from the tree & jewels to get FB mana cost to 0?

I am asking because I would like to run AA, enfeeble & temp chains but also wearing a Stone of Lazhwar.
Last edited by 7thSlap on Aug 4, 2016, 2:19:13 PM
What do you guys think of this build after hearing about Shaper of Desolation nerf? Still viable / strong league starter for essence league?
"
Relishx wrote:
What do you guys think of this build after hearing about Shaper of Desolation nerf? Still viable / strong league starter for essence league?

Looks like you need to grab beacon of ruin and replace ele prolif gem with chance to ignite gem. Bottom line you need chance to ignite. FeelsBadMan.
You really think that's necessary? I figure you'd be one shotting most things with just the flameblast, I don't know though I've never played flameblast
"
Relishx wrote:
You really think that's necessary? I figure you'd be one shotting most things with just the flameblast, I don't know though I've never played flameblast

Sure you will one shot everything, but you'll lose a lot of clearspeed, since the 100% chance to ignite is now only up 40% of the time.
I was thinking of just keeping same setup still use prolif support gem but i don't know, like i said i'm not very experienced with flameblast or elementalist in general.

This is the skill tree I planned on building - www.goo.gl/Tz3tmN
is the starting version enough defense in HC?

or is there a better version for HC?

Thanks!
"
Kyotetsu wrote:
"
Relishx wrote:

Sure you will one shot everything, but you'll lose a lot of clearspeed, since the 100% chance to ignite is now only up 40% of the time.

If you want Masskilling you take Ele prolif!

I wrote a guide for Flameblast, as I still use this guide here for 2.4 and even might play in 2.5 flameblast (depends on channeling and patchnotes)

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1771717
"
Flameblast + Increased Area of Effect + Elemental Proliferation + Controlled Destruction + Fire Penetration + Faster Casting

Explanation:
SpellEcho: I thought about SpellEcho but since 2.0 SpellEcho doesnt work with channeled spells.
Elemental Prolif is the main Source of damage, when you have many enemies. If you only got 1 (i.e. Boss) you switch it out for Conc. Effect to really melt everything.
Budget:If you have a 5L you just leave FasterCasting out.

atm i got a version with Lowlife and Beacon of Ruin instead of ele-prolif but I still stick with conflux :)
Do you think a Witch [Elementalist] with Doryani's Catalyst (maybe a better Wand) and Tukohama's Shield (+1 Totem, Blood Magic), Life-based, Armor-based, Ancestral Bond with Ice Trap + Added Lightning Dmg to proc EE and Mastermind of Discord viable? Crit would not be the focus.

I'd really like to run that but only if it seems end-game viable. :-D

Thank you so much!
>> Allow Home and End keys to quickly travel through the Stash!!!
Last edited by markus7 on Jan 1, 2017, 2:59:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info