[2.4/2.5] - slocsies Flameblast Queen T15+ viable (Hybrid/Vita) Budget

Hi,

since i enjoyed playing Pizza a lot (thanks to sivluu https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Sivluu), I wanted to share my build like it was AND more important like it is now.

The guide I used first was: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1625901/page/1

I played Flameblast the whole Prophecy league and I might also start a new Flameblast for 2.5.

I will section this guide in 2 different parts (Hybrid/Vita) which is very cheap, I was really good geared on day 1 of the last season and was able to play top tier maps. And LL later on, which is something i waste money on it on standard and the build will come soon. I dont see lowlife as needed and i dont even know what auras to use (still in work)

Hybrid/Vita Flameblast:
Pros & Cons
Spoiler

Pro
+Easy to build
+Cheap
+high damage
+all content viable
+high sustain

cons:
-not meta
-channeling still feels a bit slower than a spamming skill
-no real lifeleech
-needs a bit of skill

My Skilltree now:

My Gear now (please ignore gems):
Spoiler

Explained in detail:
Dagger/Wand: We want Spelldamage/Eledamage and Castspeed and Add Damage to Spells as this will add with every stage of stacking in flameblast. Aim for 100+ Spelldamage/eledamage with 15+castspeed and at least 40+ damage added.
Head/Gloves/Boots/Belt/Shield: random with vita, high Es and the ressis you need. This slot makes the char so cheap and so well for starting a season!
Jewellery: Elreon with -8 mana cost, as we really need flameblast to be free of mana costs
armour: I would suggest Beast of the Fur as it helps with every stat. another option is cloak of flame or carcass jack (depending if you want more damage or more survivability, Beast is the perfect mix).

Links:
Spoiler
Flameblast + Increased Area of Effect + Elemental Proliferation + Controlled Destruction + Fire Penetration + Faster Casting

Explanation:
SpellEcho: I thought about SpellEcho but since 2.0 SpellEcho doesnt work with channeled spells.
Elemental Prolif is the main Source of damage, when you have many enemies. If you only got 1 (i.e. Boss) you switch it out for Conc. Effect to really melt everything.
Budget:If you have a 5L you just leave FasterCasting out.

Blasphemy + Flammability + Purity of Fire

CWDT + Immortal Call + Increased Duration + Elemental Weakness
Note: Immortal Call only got 0.4 seconds basetime without endurance charges so i really suggest using enduring call before enganging a big mobgroup

Lightning Warp + Less Duration + Rapid Decay + Faster Casting

Chaos Golem + Fire Golem + Culling Strike + Minion Life Support

Arctic Armour + Enduring Cry + Herald of Thunder

For usual gameplay you just use Herald of Thunder, Arctic Armour and Flammability, this works fine. You should allways call EnduringCry and have both Golems casted.
We have 100% increased buffs by the Golems and 40% inc. damage per element from the Golem. That way the Chaos Golem brings us 8% phys Reduction and he is a great blocker and the firegolem brings 40% increased damage and 40% increased fire damage --> WOW!
For Enemies with hard Ressistances you can "Warp" to get 25% more fire penetration
For elereflect maps we take phoenix shield and Purity of fire instead of Herald of thunder. Works fine, just dont do 10 stacks, you will bomb yourself big time.

New Season Start 2.5
Spoiler
I would suggest a totem with scorching ray (lowers fire resistances) instead of dualgolem and changing the Ascendency Points as following. I would suggest leaving "Liege of the primorial" for "Paragon of calamity" or "beacon of ruin". To be honest all options for elementalist are great, but i didnt feel like "paragon of calamity" was necessary on softcore. I nearly never died and played elereflect without problems (carefully).

I would swap the chaos golem out and use the 4L like this:
Spell Totem + Fire Golem + Culling Strike + Scorching Ray

Gameplay would be: place totem, Warp around, place 10-stack-Flameblast --> WIN.
We would get -24 Fireresistance on the target and 25% penetration from Ascendency and 37% from the Gem and 3% from tree. That would be 89% Penetration :)

League Starting:
Spoiler

I would suggest you make a list of all Gems and where to buy them. I used MagmaOrb and Fireball till Flameblast was getting usefull. Just get your Elreon Jewellery (Rings and Amu) as fast as you can (stats dont matter).
Skill the ManaReduce early in the passive tree and try to get you flameblast to as low manacosts as possible.
For more clearspeed just take Inc. Aoe nodes and Castspeed (stacks faster). You dont need 10 stacks on every mob, just try to hit them with 2-3 stacks for a quick 1 shot!

I would be very happy for some comments since this is my 1st guide :)

Last edited by slocs on Nov 28, 2016, 5:56:30 AM
Last bumped on Dec 10, 2016, 11:09:30 AM
Reserved
Last edited by slocs on Nov 24, 2016, 9:01:32 AM
Can you please provide some details on how to level in a new league? I'd like to do this in 2.5 and have no idea what skills to use while leveling up.
Dat penetration though
Why Spell Echo? Just for the More Cast Speed?

Spell Echo doesn't work with Flameblast, according to poewiki.
Beacon of Ruin > Ele Prolif Gem.

If you take Beacon of Ruin Ascendancy point, it frees up a gem slot and you don't have to take the dmg penalty of the gem.

Hey, I played Flameblast too in Essence league and have a few additions for you:

Spell Damage is VERY much inferior to elemental damage or fire damage as both of these "double dip" because of the Ignite. Spell Damage has no effect on the damage done with your Ignites.

Beacon of Ruin is a must have. You open up a gemslot for Chance to Ignite gem while also getting rid of the "less" multiplier that the Prolif gem adds to your damage. The smaller range of Beacon when compared to Prolif doesnt matter at all.
"
Mecielle wrote:
Hey, I played Flameblast too in Essence league and have a few additions for you:

Spell Damage is VERY much inferior to elemental damage or fire damage as both of these "double dip" because of the Ignite. Spell Damage has no effect on the damage done with your Ignites.

Beacon of Ruin is a must have. You open up a gemslot for Chance to Ignite gem while also getting rid of the "less" multiplier that the Prolif gem adds to your damage. The smaller range of Beacon when compared to Prolif doesnt matter at all.

Indeed, OP should try CWDT Tempest Shield setup as well. Mine is CWDT-TS-MoltenShell
"Melee is an illusion exile."
Last edited by dont_exile_me_bro on Dec 10, 2016, 6:28:15 AM
Is it worth to go for Holy Fire (burning damage)?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info