GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
tecito9000 wrote:
"
xsnowingx wrote:
Efficacy is probably what you want for your 5th link on the totems

I saw that some people were adding that, but I don't get what the point is. Does the "increased Skill Effect Duration" apply to the withered that my blight totems are applying (from spreading rot)? Or is it just to get the totems themselves to last for longer?

I don't think it's for the spell damage and damage over time, since the totems aren't doing any significant damage anyway.

It's cuz there's not really a 5th link needed, so it's squeezing out a bit more dps. You could maybe put contagion in your faster casting gloves, and just use a 4-link for the totems.
~ twitch.tv/animeprincess ~ everything was beautiful and nothing hurt ~
Last edited by xsnowingx on Aug 11, 2019, 3:01:16 PM
I don't really get the point of the discipline aura. with my current mana, it costs me 529 mana for 407 ES. Both of those should count as generic life thanks to Mind Over Matter and Eldritch Battery. In addition, it leaves me with very little real mana, which when I tested it, seemed to result in big hits also causing me to run out of mana, decreasing survivability.

"
Njaku wrote:
I started playing 2 weeks ago and i'm a noob, i'd like to know how to upgrade my gears

any thing affordable i can buy do improve my damage? how about my gems?

I'M really lost on what to improve and how, i bought ''the devouring diadem'' since the path of builduing of this build recommended that helmet but i didnt notice the eldritch battery.

I want higher dps and higher survivability
"
Njaku wrote:
"
Njaku wrote:
I started playing 2 weeks ago and i'm a noob, i'd like to know how to upgrade my gears

I'M really lost on what to improve and how, i bought ''the devouring diadem'' since the path of builduing of this build recommended that helmet but i didnt notice the eldritch battery.

I'd look at your armor. Escape Artist (Assuming you have the standard ascendency) gives you bonus ES for all evasion on your chest, but you have rather low evasion on this, and the bonuses the unique chest gives you are mostly useless, as you don't have a source of charges. I'd look for a 6-link with the highest evasion rating you can afford. (Mine has 2900; you should be able to get one with 2000+ reasonably cheaply.) That'll lose you a bit of ES, but gain a bunch of evasion, and that's before any properties the chest has get factored in.

EDIT: also, your Topaz ring is terrible. It only has 2 properties (plus the implicit) that help you. Mana regen isn't that great, because you should be getting all the mana you need off of enemy deaths.
Last edited by whengreg on Aug 11, 2019, 9:13:39 PM
"
whengreg wrote:
"
Njaku wrote:
"
Njaku wrote:

I'd look at your armor. Escape Artist (Assuming you have the standard ascendency) gives you bonus ES for all evasion on your chest, but you have rather low evasion on this, and the bonuses the unique chest gives you are mostly useless, as you don't have a source of charges. I'd look for a 6-link with the highest evasion rating you can afford. (Mine has 2900; you should be able to get one with 2000+ reasonably cheaply.) That'll lose you a bit of ES, but gain a bunch of evasion, and that's before any properties the chest has get factored in.

EDIT: also, your Topaz ring is terrible. It only has 2 properties (plus the implicit) that help you. Mana regen isn't that great, because you should be getting all the mana you need off of enemy deaths.

His links don't make sense (look at gloves and boots for example) and he doesn't even have 20/20 gems in his ED link. There's alot of janky stuff going on with his gearing, and he could easily learn how to fix it by reading through the thread / inspecting our public character profiles lol

Thankfully the meta bow can pretty much carry the build by itself and he has that going for him, which is a pretty good sign :)
Last edited by xsnowingx on Aug 12, 2019, 11:25:08 AM
Not sure if the question has been posted and answered on the past 400 pages... if so, I apologise in advance :)

But why do we aim for MoM and EB actually... ? I just played it without it for a while and it feels very smooth, surviving very easily and never running out of mana. So what is the huge overall benefit of just utilising MoM and EB together... is it that much more EHP that makes the difference?
Last edited by Edimasta on Aug 12, 2019, 3:20:58 PM
"
Edimasta wrote:
Not sure if the question has been posted and answered on the past 400 pages... if so, I apologise in advance :)

But why do we aim for MoM and EB actually... ? I just played it without it for a while and it feels very smooth, surviving very easily and never running out of mana. So what is the huge overall benefit of just utilising MoM and EB together... is it that much more EHP that makes the difference?

The benefit comes with reserving alot more mana, if you use the Devouring Diadem which provides EB. The Zealotry aura provides a more multiplier to damage which is obviously good, but I'm still not really a big fan of this approach.

If you want a simple alternative to easily scale your EHP, try changing the Mind over Matter node to a 'Corrupted Soul' node with the Doryanis variant of the Glorious Vanity Timeless Jewel. I used to sit at ~7k life and ~1k ES, with Corrupted Soul I sit at ~6.7 hp and ~3k ES. Corrupted soul lets half the damage through your ES so you would want a ratio of life/es somewhat similar to mine, to take the most advantage out of the Patient Reaper ascendancy skill.
Last edited by xsnowingx on Aug 12, 2019, 4:56:28 PM
Edited: solution found
Last edited by Slogexile on Aug 13, 2019, 5:58:33 AM
"
xsnowingx wrote:
"
whengreg wrote:
"
Njaku wrote:

His links don't make sense (look at gloves and boots for example) and he doesn't even have 20/20 gems in his ED link. There's alot of janky stuff going on with his gearing, and he could easily learn how to fix it by reading through the thread / inspecting our public character profiles lol

Thankfully the meta bow can pretty much carry the build by itself and he has that going for him, which is a pretty good sign :)

thanks, i upgraded my gear but somehow die alot more often. (i use mind over matter now)

there must be something wrong i'm doing. Maybe it's because i'm doing t12 maps now? but even in low tier maps i come closer to death
Last edited by Njaku on Aug 13, 2019, 7:08:10 AM
"
Njaku wrote:

thanks, i upgraded my gear but somehow die alot more often. (i use mind over matter now)

there must be something wrong i'm doing. Maybe it's because i'm doing t12 maps now? but even in low tier maps i come closer to death

Some of your gear is pretty good but your links still look like someone that doesn't understand the slightest thing about this game. You still do not have quality 20/20 gems. Why is CWDT in that phase run link? I've asked this a week ago and got no justification for that. Your chest has Essence Drain 6 Link supports but a Contagion gem inside it. That's completely wrong.

Mind Over Matter needs the correct ratio of ES to life for it to really be worth anything, hope you did your research into that before diving in. I'm guessing you RMT'd that bow or got it given to you.
Last edited by xsnowingx on Aug 13, 2019, 8:34:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info