GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
xsnowingx wrote:
"
tecito9000 wrote:
"
xsnowingx wrote:
Efficacy is probably what you want for your 5th link on the totems

I saw that some people were adding that, but I don't get what the point is. Does the "increased Skill Effect Duration" apply to the withered that my blight totems are applying (from spreading rot)? Or is it just to get the totems themselves to last for longer?

I don't think it's for the spell damage and damage over time, since the totems aren't doing any significant damage anyway.

It's cuz there's not really a 5th link needed, so it's squeezing out a bit more dps. You could maybe put contagion in your faster casting gloves, and just use a 4-link for the totems.

So I've been thinking and this has probably already been done or answered as to why it's not a good idea, but what I'm going to do is do an ED setup on my weapon 6link (staff rather than bow, mostly because it gives me access to leap slam on boots), contagion on the gloves, CWDT steelskin on helmet, and rather than using a blight totems or selfcast blight for damage, I'm going to do a bane setup on my chest 6L. I'm just trying to decide if I wanna go for 1 or 2 curses for it. I think I'm just going to stick to despair and then a bunch of more damage gems, since adding the additional curse on chest makes me lose about 500 ES from "10% of life as extra ES" and I'm not using EB.

My options for a second curse would be temporal chains or enfeeble, both very interesting, but it would mean bane would do less damage, and even much less damage against hexproof enemies. Also, I could be wrong, but I think enfeeble doesn't add up multiplicately with all our damage mitigations? Or does it?
Last edited by tecito9000 on Aug 13, 2019, 8:42:46 AM

done with the league
Last edited by primordialiege on Aug 13, 2019, 9:29:12 AM
Farming maps and legion is really fun with this build, although it does not seem to be a boss killer... guardians take ages. Not really used to this, is that just something to get used to or can I push this build further by just investing into higher priced gear with more chaos / spell damage and over time multiplier... ?
"
tecito9000 wrote:

So I've been thinking and this has probably already been done or answered as to why it's not a good idea, but what I'm going to do is do an ED setup on my weapon 6link (staff rather than bow, mostly because it gives me access to leap slam on boots), contagion on the gloves, CWDT steelskin on helmet, and rather than using a blight totems or selfcast blight for damage, I'm going to do a bane setup on my chest 6L. I'm just trying to decide if I wanna go for 1 or 2 curses for it. I think I'm just going to stick to despair and then a bunch of more damage gems, since adding the additional curse on chest makes me lose about 500 ES from "10% of life as extra ES" and I'm not using EB.

My options for a second curse would be temporal chains or enfeeble, both very interesting, but it would mean bane would do less damage, and even much less damage against hexproof enemies. Also, I could be wrong, but I think enfeeble doesn't add up multiplicately with all our damage mitigations? Or does it?

I think the main reason bane a 6L is not as popular with this setup is the quality of life costs. It will feel better to just pop Vaal Blight and run around, compared to having to cast bane on top of contagion. I haven't tried either so it's just my assumptions. Enfeeble still works well with most sorts of damage mitigation. My general rule of thumb is enfeeble for boss mitigation, and temp chains for mapping/delve mitigation.
~ twitch.tv/animeprincess ~ everything was beautiful and nothing hurt ~
Last edited by xsnowingx on Aug 13, 2019, 10:22:46 AM
"
xsnowingx wrote:
"
Njaku wrote:

thanks, i upgraded my gear but somehow die alot more often. (i use mind over matter now)

there must be something wrong i'm doing. Maybe it's because i'm doing t12 maps now? but even in low tier maps i come closer to death

Some of your gear is pretty good but your links still look like someone that doesn't understand the slightest thing about this game. You still do not have quality 20/20 gems. Why is CWDT in that phase run link? I've asked this a week ago and got no justification for that. Your chest has Essence Drain 6 Link supports but a Contagion gem inside it. That's completely wrong.

Mind Over Matter needs the correct ratio of ES to life for it to really be worth anything, hope you did your research into that before diving in. I'm guessing you RMT'd that bow or got it given to you.

For the bow someone gave it to me. For the phase run its what the prévois guide i was following did. The same person that gave me the bow told me to follow ghazzy's build

For the chest,only contagion is inside. There's no essence drain in the chest.

I should remove mind over matter under i have that ratio of life/es? Ibwas thinking about changing my boîte for ones with résistances so i can take an amulet with non-ailment chaos damage multiplier
tu es imbecile
"
xsnowingx wrote:
tu es imbecile

Tu sais, tu peux tout simplement me dire ce que je fais de mal au lieu de me lancer des injures.
No need to insult me, m'y Idea wasnt good? Just Tell me so ,i'm still learning how to Play this gam
For m'y chest, some pro player recommendent me this exact chest and thèse exact gems. I misread what you initially wrote,thought u meant that i had the essence drain gem inside

I too questionned some of the gens and the lack of increased area of Effect gem at first but then again i'm still trying to figure out how everything works
Last edited by Njaku on Aug 13, 2019, 1:26:48 PM
"
Edimasta wrote:
Farming maps and legion is really fun with this build, although it does not seem to be a boss killer... guardians take ages. Not really used to this, is that just something to get used to or can I push this build further by just investing into higher priced gear with more chaos / spell damage and over time multiplier... ?

I can do Guardians and Shaper very easily and pretty fast as well. Elder is also fine to do, but he has inherent chaos resist so can be a bit annoying (recommend using icewall to protect shaper in this fight).

I haven't bothered with Uber Elder but I'm sure it's easily doable for my gearing, and it's something I will definitely do later this league after I level my alt to 100, which is what I'm focused on now.

You are absolutely correct that this build is primarily for mapping and legion pillars. He can do that on an extremely friendly budget, and then you have the option to either transition his profits into a different more boss-friendly toon, or minmax ED/Cont to be able to handle harder content.
Last edited by xsnowingx on Aug 14, 2019, 10:14:50 AM
I have finally gotten together enough currency to get a multi-craft bow:

The rest of my gear is the same, since there was no advice with regards to my last post, I was wondering if someone with more knowledge could take a quick look and check what I should be focusing on next? Quiver, Devouring Diadem, Empower lvl 3, anything else?

Also not sure about my skill tree, is MoM+Eldritch Battery and Acrobatics+Phase Acro the way to go? I also invested into more area of effect nodes since my monolith clears were not as smooth as I was hoping for.

Thanks in advance for the help!

"
limro wrote:
I have finally gotten together enough currency to get a multi-craft bow:

The rest of my gear is the same, since there was no advice with regards to my last post, I was wondering if someone with more knowledge could take a quick look and check what I should be focusing on next? Quiver, Devouring Diadem, Empower lvl 3, anything else?

Also not sure about my skill tree, is MoM+Eldritch Battery and Acrobatics+Phase Acro the way to go? I also invested into more area of effect nodes since my monolith clears were not as smooth as I was hoping for.

Thanks in advance for the help!

There's alot of stuff you can upgrade. If your life is way higher than your ES, I would not go Diadem. I would put a doryanis Vaal gem where I have one on the tree, and get the keystone that replaces MoM. Just focus on getting life nodes on the tree. This is a cheap way to increase your EHP. Your boots have 2 sockets on them, so you're missing alot of potential in terms of links. You could look at my links, as well as other people who have 'finished' the league from this thread, to decide which of many legitimate ways you can choose to use those sockets.

I would also buy a cheap Perfect Form, and 6 socket it with jewellers. You do not need 2 six links, and if you do this you get a ton of points back cuz you don't need acro/phase acro anymore, and you also get free arctic armor which is good. Then fix the resistances because this will mess up your resistances. You should already have an empower 3 and make empower 4 your goal.
Last edited by xsnowingx on Aug 14, 2019, 1:48:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info