GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

Still in the process of gearing up this character, got a late start into the season.

Been following this guide and the gearing up progression advice on page 345. Is there anything I did wrong so far in the build? I know next step is a 6L bow, but don't have the funds for that yet (sitting on ~2ex atm).

Here are my items, I don't know how to directly link to my tree, notable nodes are MOM+EB (looking to get a Devouring Diadem for Auras and EB). I also took a few Area size nodes for easier contagion spread.

Trying to get right colors on the boots for CWDT setup, and I know the mana flask is pointless now.

Any advice what my next upgrades/changes should be would be greatly appreciated!
Last edited by limro on Aug 5, 2019, 7:13:51 AM
"
Demianime wrote:
has anyone already tested the Immortal Call replacments?

Like molten shell or steelskin. Since molten shell scales with armor i thought about trying steelskin.

Ofcourse that wouldn't be a low lvl CWDT setups anymore.
lvl 17 CWDT can handle a lvl 19 Steelskin which would give us a 1946 damage "shield"

Might be more worth then the somewhat useless IC.
Molten Shell isn't worth it for us i think.

Any thoughts?

Edit:
Also for supports

Some ideas i had:
CWDT + Steelskin
CWDT + Steelskin + Increased DUration
CWDT + Steelskin + Increased Duration + Phase Run
CWDT + Steelskin + Golem
CWDT + Steelskin + Golem + (whatever u get the idea^^)

it was probably answered long ago but idk how to check all the pages in this post efficiently...

so yes molten shell is useless, if i have no armor it can store very little, the stored damage for me is like 150.. :))

now im trying steelskin and its looking better.. it can take about 2500 damage for me, which is kinda nice
(no place for more gems so only cwdt+steelskin)
im able to have level 17 steelskin gem and level 20 cwdt (for level 18 steelskin i dont have enough STR)
Hiya!

I've got pretty good gear and gems already, but I'm still looking to improve. Damage or defense wise, it doesn't really matter. I've got 980k DoT on PoB at the moment, if that matters.

My gear:
Spoiler

I know the setup in my 6L chest is a little... unorthodox. But I just needed spots to put all my gems. And I wanted the blasphemy-despair aura badly, because I also use the Despair Impresence.

So yeah, what could I do to improve even more? Open to suggestions!
"
vrekstok wrote:
Hiya!

So yeah, what could I do to improve even more? Open to suggestions!

Get the -chaos res mod on an ED helmet (preferably ES base), and craft these elder fingerless silk gloves. Also get a Mark of the Shaper with a good corruption, because that implicit is useless.

Also, using Eldritch Knowledge is not a good use of a jewel socket in my opinion. Look at my tree for how to path around there without using that jewel, and put a 4 mod rare jewel in there instead. There's a jewel slot near Melding you can put a 4 mod rare jewel in when you refund the int nodes you are using for that jewel.

edit: you also probably want faster casting over efficacy on the gloves, because the point of the totems is to reach max debuff cap. You can always put portal gem on the weapon swap if you need an extra gem socket.
~ twitch.tv/animeprincess ~ everything was beautiful and nothing hurt ~
Last edited by xsnowingx on Aug 6, 2019, 10:50:15 AM
"
limro wrote:

Trying to get right colors on the boots for CWDT setup, and I know the mana flask is pointless now.

Do you know the bench tactic? Set 2 red sockets from bench on the boots, set to 3 sockets, if you don't have three red sockets now, set back to 2 sockets and then back to 3 sockets, repeat until you have three red sockets. Then set it to 4 sockets (retains the colors on the first three sockets as red).

This tactic uses cheaper jewelers less than expensive chromes (using the chrome tactic).
"
Wermine wrote:
"
mdd1986 wrote:

Thank you so much this is helpful. Do you have an recommendations for my gear/tree I should do to improve?

* Get level 21 Essence Drain (very nice damage boost)
* Get corrupted level 3 Empower (and level your current level 1 Empower in weapon swap, also huge dam boost)
* Get 20% quality on gems. Several ways to do this, up to you
* Get the same helmet but with "nearby enemies have -9% to chaos resistance".
* Get better jewel on belt
* Get either "chaos damage" or "es from body armor" on belt (or both if you're rich)
* Put 20% quality on all flasks
* Leo slam some jewels
* Corrupt Eldritch Knowledge's until you get good implicit. Or just buy one with good implicit
* Try to find Brutal Restraint which gives you "onslaught for 8 sec on kill". Place it on Eagle Creed jewel's slot.
* Mark of the Shaper is cheap. Buy a bunch and corrupt until you get nice implicit

Thank you for the advice. I redid some of my tree, leveled up to 93, got a new helmet and different amulet.

Biggest thing I noticed was that my chaos resistance was way too low. Just going to +50% chaos resistance solved alot of my issues. Something I totally missed going full ES with this build.
I notice sometimes my contagion spreads to multiple packs across another screen/room (chaining to different packs), but sometimes it only affects one pack. How does this occur ?
Last edited by Valant on Aug 6, 2019, 11:47:02 PM
I started playing 2 weeks ago and i'm a noob, i'd like to know how to upgrade my gears

any thing affordable i can buy do improve my damage? how about my gems?
"
Njaku wrote:
I started playing 2 weeks ago and i'm a noob, i'd like to know how to upgrade my gears

You been only playing for 2 weeks and already have a 2 socket 6L bow. Lol man what am I doing wrong. I play on the PS4 and everything is Super expensive. Plus I don't have the necessary recipes to craft a bow with the stats that are required. So it's a no win situation. I learn to stop worrying about it and the season is almost over. I got 8ex, 300c but that's very poor on the PS4 market.
Take off CWDT for increased duration support, idk why you have that gem there
~ twitch.tv/animeprincess ~ everything was beautiful and nothing hurt ~

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info