GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

Did shaper a couple times with this build - once deathless. All guardians were basically a joke. Atziri and uber atziri down as well. Uber elder I got down to 10-15% for both elder and shaper, but ultimately failed. Had to get some help to complete it. Might try that again with better gear. Currently:

For Hogm I used this on swap. Sometimes added spell totem if the grandmaster tried to cheese me from long range. All supports were lvl 1. The shield is probably not needed.

I will try uber elder with a bow and quiver soon and update if I'm successful.
Last edited by rotting_fox on Aug 15, 2019, 8:36:18 PM
"
Edimasta wrote:
Farming maps and legion is really fun with this build, although it does not seem to be a boss killer... guardians take ages. Not really used to this, is that just something to get used to or can I push this build further by just investing into higher priced gear with more chaos / spell damage and over time multiplier... ?

I did my 40 uber elder kills as ED this league so it can definetly kill bosses. I have a friend who killed Phoenix in 1 second as cyclone. I still need like 20 seconds or something (never timed it) but I dont care. ED is safe for bossing, but it wont insta kill bosses.

On another topic: why do people say that hh isnt that great with ED - surely it must provide a bunch of movement speed and life/ES? I assume ED doesnt benefit fully dps wise as other skills because its non crit and a dot, but imo more damage isnt needed for general mapping. Am I missing something?
"
Garash wrote:

On another topic: why do people say that hh isnt that great with ED - surely it must provide a bunch of movement speed and life/ES? I assume ED doesnt benefit fully dps wise as other skills because its non crit and a dot, but imo more damage isnt needed for general mapping. Am I missing something?

I was saying that earlier and was completely wrong. There are tons of useful mods. I'd rank them as Speed mods > Additional Projectiles > Damage > Proximity Shield > Mana > ES and life. All of those mods are very good though.

I did a map with a regular stygian vise by accident and it was night and day so much worse. You will need to use 5 sextants and Beyond zana mod to really feel the impact of how good it is. The damage does infact scale pretty ridiculously, it's not to be underestimated. If you're alching and then running the maps without solstice vigil you will not notice the HH much, which is what I was doing early league.
~ twitch.tv/animeprincess ~ everything was beautiful and nothing hurt ~
Last edited by xsnowingx on Aug 16, 2019, 8:47:30 AM

abit late but gg
"

abit late but gg

POGGER! I annuled the multimod from mine and got some garbage from the slam xD. Did you get frenzy charges on your first regal, or were you not gonna settle for less than cdot + 1?
Last edited by xsnowingx on Aug 16, 2019, 1:58:04 PM
have you tried the Eldritch Knowledge Jewel?
5% chaos dmg per 10 allocated intellect in radius.

If you put it near Utmost Intellect, you get a 50% or more chaos dmg!
Last edited by Tigly31 on Aug 18, 2019, 4:31:14 PM
"
Tigly31 wrote:

You're using FIVE extra skill points which you would not normally get, to stack int for that jewel. 70/5 = 14% chaos dmg per each one of those extra skill points invested.

And now factor in the opportunity cost of the 4 stats you lose out from by not using a proper rare jewel. It is absurdly inefficient to do what you're doing.

I can see you're also skipping out on almost all the other jewel nodes, which is very bad too. Jewel nodes are very efficient if you can afford good jewels.
Last edited by xsnowingx on Aug 18, 2019, 5:32:28 PM
"
xsnowingx wrote:
"
Tigly31 wrote:

You're using FIVE extra skill points which you would not normally get, to stack int for that jewel. 70/5 = 14% chaos dmg per each one of those extra skill points invested.

And now factor in the opportunity cost of the 4 stats you lose out from by not using a proper rare jewel. It is absurdly inefficient to do what you're doing.

I can see you're also skipping out on almost all the other jewel nodes, which is very bad too. Jewel nodes are very efficient if you can afford good jewels.

i am skipping on the other jewels for now because i dont have any to put it, im only a casual player. I beat uber lab with this in 1 ED, ill adjust later but for now im happy with this. =)
There probably is a realistic break even point where that 70 chaos dmg is decent value. It would be different depending on your gear, and your investment in the cdot stat.

In that sense, lower amounts of chaos dmg are still better than spell dmg, but only when that Cdot multi value gets high. Besides the weapon, common ways to get Cdot are on elder gear, such as gloves and amulet, but its a rare roll (1/500 chance). There's also a watchers eye for malevolence, and jewels can give a small amount of it.

Keep in mind that a jewel can have up to 30% chaos damage (2 mods combined), 4% Cdot, and then a 4th extra roll (Max Life, Damage Over Time, Spell Damage, etc....).
Last edited by xsnowingx on Aug 20, 2019, 8:17:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info