[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
NegreDeSouche wrote:
Thanks for replying ! Actually ive read some pages of the replies and ive seen the belly of the beast build, so ive tried to copy that with a cheaper chest armour. Do you recommend this build more than the BoR one ?
I fear that with BoR my resists will fall unless i get some really good and espensive other stuff to balance. Are you often online ? Ill mp you for more info !

edit : my dps are now almost 215k with all buffs ! its really pleasant !

no worries man. with only 11c, it's going to be hard to get a good enough body armor that will be better than the BoR. you need a 6L armor to keep up with the damage and you need good stats to make it worth it. if you just want some more survivability right now, you should be able to find a reasonably priced 5L armor and helm to go with it.

getting the resists tidied up with the BoR isn't SUPER easy if you have a lot of damage stats on your jewelry and gloves, but you can work toward it incrementally. don't rush if you don't have to.

Actually ive done some farming and got some chaos orb thanks to higgsbson (ty so much to him), who gave me some advice.
Then ive been doing belly of the beast trading ( waiting for price to pump, and putting 6 sockets on it). Ive won like 60 chaos orb like this ahahah. For the moment ive got 2 exalt and 72 chaos. So i think ill be able to go for the BoR build, although ive searched your build on poe trade and im far from affording this (ill go for the poor BoR-build version :D).
Im new to the game, and have been following this build from the begining, can you take a look at my gears? ( is it possible here? ) cuz im having trouble with the lvl55 lab, nice guide btw very informative and detailed
"
NegreDeSouche wrote:
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
NegreDeSouche wrote:
Thanks for replying ! Actually ive read some pages of the replies and ive seen the belly of the beast build, so ive tried to copy that with a cheaper chest armour. Do you recommend this build more than the BoR one ?
I fear that with BoR my resists will fall unless i get some really good and espensive other stuff to balance. Are you often online ? Ill mp you for more info !

edit : my dps are now almost 215k with all buffs ! its really pleasant !

no worries man. with only 11c, it's going to be hard to get a good enough body armor that will be better than the BoR. you need a 6L armor to keep up with the damage and you need good stats to make it worth it. if you just want some more survivability right now, you should be able to find a reasonably priced 5L armor and helm to go with it.

getting the resists tidied up with the BoR isn't SUPER easy if you have a lot of damage stats on your jewelry and gloves, but you can work toward it incrementally. don't rush if you don't have to.

Actually ive done some farming and got some chaos orb thanks to higgsbson (ty so much to him), who gave me some advice.
Then ive been doing belly of the beast trading ( waiting for price to pump, and putting 6 sockets on it). Ive won like 60 chaos orb like this ahahah. For the moment ive got 2 exalt and 72 chaos. So i think ill be able to go for the BoR build, although ive searched your build on poe trade and im far from affording this (ill go for the poor BoR-build version :D).

your gear is decent. hit me up in game. i feel like i have at least a ring for you that i could sell you at about half price. maybe a belt too.
"
Audelus wrote:
Im new to the game, and have been following this build from the begining, can you take a look at my gears? ( is it possible here? ) cuz im having trouble with the lvl55 lab, nice guide btw very informative and detailed

thanks bro. i can't see your character. click your account name at the top of this forum, go to privacy options, uncheck the box that says "hide all characters", report back
Hello,

I am a beginner and I got a question.

These support gems are not linked ?

Did they are useful ?

Can you please explain me quickly how support gems work without link to a gem

Thanks.

http://prntscr.com/hy3ba3

(This is a screenshot btw)
"
dralsoM wrote:
Hello,

Did they are useful ?

Thanks.

A support gem MUST be linked to another one one !

The screeshot shows a particuliar build, as the helmet cancels the armor. It means that you still can use the sockets of your armor to level up gems, but all their stats will be ignored. So what he does here is just leveling up support gems, but not using it on his actual build (for other characters or for selling)

If you want to support a gem you'll need to link those (using fusing orbs or having already a link)
"
NegreDeSouche wrote:
"
dralsoM wrote:
Hello,

Did they are useful ?

Thanks.

A support gem MUST be linked to another one one !

The screeshot shows a particuliar build, as the helmet cancels the armor. It means that you still can use the sockets of your armor to level up gems, but all their stats will be ignored. So what he does here is just leveling up support gems, but not using it on his actual build (for other characters or for selling)

If you want to support a gem you'll need to link those (using fusing orbs or having already a link)

thank you, that is exactly correct.

dralsoM: once you put the Bringer of Rain on, your chest armor is just A) a shell to put gems in to level and/or to use and B) a cosmetic piece, since it will still show up on your character even though you won't benefit from the stats on it. ideally, use anything with 6 sockets (for max gem capacity). so far in this league, the only one i have been swapping in and out somewhat regularly is frost blades for lightning strike. LS is my main secondary attack but if the map layout has lots of twists, turns, ups and downs, frost blades is quite a bit better. or, for example, i used it in acton's nightmare to have a higher chance to shatter the restless dead enemies.
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
Audelus wrote:

thanks bro. i can't see your character. click your account name at the top of this forum, go to privacy options, uncheck the box that says "hide all characters", report back

ok done, and just finished the lvl55 trial just now... took me a few to figure out how he moves specially on that last fight where the floors had spikes, anyways pls do take a look, again very nice build
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
WARHURYEAH wrote:
What should I buy item wise for my char? I don't now if I should be getting a better claw for more DPS as I'm starting to go through tier 13+ maps.

since you don't have VP i would replace the right claw with a different one. don't need another gemini since you already have one but if you plan to upgrade that too, then do what you like.

you should be running a life flask with anti-freeze

your amulet could give you a lot more DPS if you look for the stats i suggest.

how much are you looking to spend? what are your life pool and resists at?

im at 4.6k life

75% (155%) fire res
75% (82%) Cold res
75% (79%) lightning res

i have 1 ex and 50 chaos
"
Audelus wrote:
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
Audelus wrote:

ok done, and just finished the lvl55 trial just now... took me a few to figure out how he moves specially on that last fight where the floors had spikes, anyways pls do take a look, again very nice build

ok, your weapons are nice because hits can't be evaded, but you don't need that. buy 2x wasp nest (they are cheap) and your DPS will probably go up by like 50%.

you literally have no life on any of your gear. can't be doing that, son. come and see me online tonight for some bro deals. add me in game. your resists are probably a mess too.

in two levels you can wear the BoR but you're gonna be in trouble trying tougher content with no life or resist stats on anything.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info